My interview with Tom (he requested fun/unusual Qs)

Started by Matt Picasso, Aug 17, 2011, 04:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Picasso

http://www.youaintnopicasso.com/2011/08/17/my-morning-jackets-tom-blankenship-the-yanp-interview/

Not a ton of new info (no Unstaged release planned) but some interesting bits (they recorded Muppet-ized versions of "Friends Again" and "Outta My System" what we will someday hear).

johnnYYac

This is new, though "grain of salt" time

YANP: You must've kept some souvenirs from your time in the band. If the Smithsonian came calling, what would be the coolest piece of memorabilia you, personally, could offer them?

Tom: Notebook pages that contain the band-created Mab Libs, aka what is actually being spoken at the end of "Off the Record". But they're unfortunately locked in a time capsule to be opened in the year 2084.

Thanks for the heads up, Matt.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

oistheone

SaraBananaBear

Oooh, lovely, thank you so much! I'll be waiting for those blogs, especially the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe!  :)
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

youreveningcoat

They can all play each others instruments? I would LOVE to see Jim play the drums.
And so there is going to be a t5 box set! I'd only ever heard rumors! This sin't a rumor to right? Please let it be true...
Do not spray into eyes, I have sprayed you into my eyes

Ruckus

TT's got the correct 2 songs to keep in their live catalog for the long run :thumbsup:
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Matt Picasso

Quote from: youreveningcoat on Aug 18, 2011, 02:20 AM
They can all play each others instruments? I would LOVE to see Jim play the drums.

I didn't even consider that they could all play each other's instruments when I asked that question.

kydiddle

Quote from: Matt Picasso on Aug 17, 2011, 04:21 PM
http://www.youaintnopicasso.com/2011/08/17/my-morning-jackets-tom-blankenship-the-yanp-interview/

Not a ton of new info (no Unstaged release planned) but some interesting bits (they recorded Muppet-ized versions of "Friends Again" and "Outta My System" what we will someday hear).

Tom is a riot. Great interview. Been a fan of your blog for a long time...thanks so much!
Cow temperature.

SaraBananaBear

And so there is going to be a t5 box set! I'd only ever heard rumors! This sin't a rumor to right? Please let it be true...

It's not the same as live, but here's a little taste:
:)
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

DaFunkyPrecedent

Quote from: Ruckus on Aug 18, 2011, 02:43 AM
TT's got the correct 2 songs to keep in their live catalog for the long run :thumbsup:

Yes he did. 

add Victory Dance too...I would love to see that in the middle of set somewhere
God damn those shaky knees.

ms. yvon

i'm gonna be looking for that voltron set-up!
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

youreveningcoat

Quote from: Matt Picasso on Aug 18, 2011, 10:26 AM

I didn't even consider that they could all play each other's instruments when I asked that question.

Yeah I know but Tom said they could in reply! :)
Do not spray into eyes, I have sprayed you into my eyes