Main Menu

Forum Album Club

Started by wolof7, Aug 22, 2011, 08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: mjk73 on Oct 19, 2011, 07:45 PM
Quote from: Ghosts_on_TV on Oct 19, 2011, 04:53 PM
I have to bail as well, have a date, go me. I really want to check this out though.
3rd date? You know what they say about the 3rd date.

2nd, actually. It's going well.  8)
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

ManNamedTruth

I have an album in mind, unless anyone else wants to step up. I'd rather have someone who hasn't picked one yet host next week.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

YimBlaylock

I don't care to take it. Got an official invite from the bossman Wolof so I'll take it. Just got in from the Nashville show, so I'll post my decision sometime after I wake up in the morning (or afternoon maybe).
It's all happening.

wolof7

next's weeks forum album club is up for grabs if anyone wants to take it?
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

YimBlaylock

Next Wednesday at 9:30 PM:

Modest Mouse's The Lonesome Crowded West
It's all happening.

mjk73

Excellent. Since I have this pretty much memorized I can talk about it for hours.

Ghosts_on_TV

Good choice indeed.

YimBlaylock

I figured we'd done a few recently that not everyone knew, which is awesome and probably my favorite part about the club, but I thought it was time to do one a bit more familiar to people, that way everyone comes in with interesting things to say. See you all Wednesday.
It's all happening.

wolof7

nice choice Yim, this is certainly a great time of year to absorb this post-apocalyptic album...heavy and strange album but it eats you up!

mjk73

Quote from: wolof7 on Oct 22, 2011, 01:49 PM
heavy and strange album but it eats you up!
such a fitting (ie brilliant) description.

wolof7

Sorry guys gonna have to sit out another week. I'm on a friends computer cos my battery died and I got no access at home.....I will comment when the new battery comes in. I will say that Teeth like God's Shoeshine is the sound of me going insane and Truckers Atlas made me understand MM after yrs of not...great pick Yim  :thumbsup: I will catch up when I am back up!  :beer:

sweatboard

Amazing Record

"40 dollars" might be the greatest song written about drugs ever.....and "Candy Cane Crawl" might be the best song to ever follow the greatest song ever written about drugs ever. 

I don't really give a fuck if you like Gregg Dulli or not but you should at least know who he is and what he's about.

There's Still Time.........

sweatboard

and....

or whatever, I'm easy
There's Still Time.........

mahg33ta

I am picking the next album, it will be discussed THURS (not Wed) Nov 3, and I'll have it up by lunchtime!

Penny Lane

Quote from: sweatboard on Oct 27, 2011, 01:50 AM

Amazing Record

"40 dollars" might be the greatest song written about drugs ever.....and "Candy Cane Crawl" might be the best song to ever follow the greatest song ever written about drugs ever. 

I don't really give a fuck if you like Gregg Dulli or not but you should at least know who he is and what he's about.

love Greg Dulli,

but FYI the greatest song about drugs ever is The Verve's "The Drugs Don't Work"... ;)
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

bowl of soup

Amazing Record

Is this the next album?  If so, can I join your little club?  In my top 5 albums ever (there's at least 3 Dulli's in my top ten:  This, Blackberry Belle, and Gentlemen). I've been in the throws of a 6-month, unrelenting Blackberry Belle listen-fest.  I need help.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: bowl of soup on Oct 27, 2011, 10:17 AM

Amazing Record

Is this the next album?  If so, can I join your little club?  In my top 5 albums ever (there's at least 3 Dulli's in my top ten:  This, Blackberry Belle, and Gentlemen). I've been in the throws of a 6-month, unrelenting Blackberry Belle listen-fest.  I need help.

I thought mahg33tah said he had next pick?
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

mahg33ta

let's go with Twilight Singers:  Powder Burns--- and I will pick an album later.

I may have gotten the message mixed up and don't want to add to the confusion.   Plus, the album I was going to pick is not on spotify, which seems like a bummer.

bowl of soup

I'm in for at least a week!  Thursday at 9:30??  I promise not to be overly annoying; I'm something of a Dulli obsessive.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

Ghosts_on_TV

I'm a newb to The Twilight singers. Only ever heard one song, don't remember which, but it was badass.