Come on Irene

Started by Ruckus, Aug 25, 2011, 09:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crispy

Great news guys, glad to hear everyone's okay, and best wishes for a speedy cleanup for Bob and Trish. Big mess for a lot of folks, lots of big good vibes for all affected.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

johnnYYac

Good to hear everyone's okay.  What's up with Trish and Bob, though?  Sounds like they got some flooding.  I didn't know.  I hope its not too bad and things are back to normal soon.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

FiddleCastro

Still without power,  have a tree down in my yard, lucky it fell where it did,
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

johnnYYac

Quote from: FiddleCastro on Aug 30, 2011, 02:31 AM
Still without power,  have a tree down in my yard, lucky it fell where it did,
Hang in there, Rich.  And check your PMs.

tdb810

Hey guys....I've been in Michigan since Saturday, so poor Bob has been doing the post hurricane clean up without me, but has had the help of many friends and family. We ended up with over three feet of water(sewage) in our basement. Needless to say everything is garbage. Washer, dryer, hot water heater, tons of photos, decorations etc. From what I have seen of the rest of my town, we were very lucky....just kinda weird still being away, but I am leading a 4 day training out here and just needed to be here for all of the people who registered and travelled to be here.
Bob has been amazing, as has our daughter who was in the basement at 6 am with him Sunday morning bailing the water out. Fortunately, about two months ago we brought all of our vinyl upstairs, so totally grateful for that.
From what I hear, there will be plenty of work for me when I return to jersey, so hopefully that will assuage some of thus guilt  :-\
Thanks guys, and glad everyone is safe!  Fiddle, hope you get your power back soon!
.....Back at the Model Home

headhunter

Trish-
Sorry about the damage but glad all are safe. Wonderful to have a terrific and strong family when things get rough. Gotta count your blessings when things could be worse.  Hopefully insurance covers most of the damage and I really hope you didn't lose to many irreplaceable things (glad the vinyl is safe -  :) )
This too shall pass. 
was some shakin' and some record playin'

ALady

Wow, Trish - what a mess!  So glad everyone's all right, that's what counts.   :)
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

FiddleCastro

Exactly, They were talking about Cranford on the radio and I thought about you and Bob.  I was going to text you, but I didn't have your number for some reason. 

I'm still without power, hanging out at my school, though. Using their wifi and power to charge my laptop.

tdb810

Red Cross & FEMA here today.  We are all good, just cleaning & stuff  ;) 

johnnYYac

Quote from: tdb810 on Sep 05, 2011, 04:27 PM
Glad you're okay, despite the damage.  Only took 'em a week! 

tdb810

Quote from: johnnYYac on Sep 05, 2011, 04:32 PM
Quote from: tdb810 on Sep 05, 2011, 04:27 PM
Glad you're okay, despite the damage.  Only took 'em a week!
I know, I am actually amazed. 

FiddleCastro

My town finally cleaned up this thing in my front yard today!

lil sis

Trish--so happy to hear you guys are being taken care of.  What a mess.

As for me...power went out twice, basement flooded about 2 feet of water causing our hot water boiler to be flooded out.  Have NOT had hot water in over a week.  Landlord is finally sending a plumber over tomorrow to get this fixed.  Piece of shit.  Hopefully only have to take one more freezing cold shower.  Not fun when it is chilly and raining in the morning.  Meh.  >:(
"There's still time for you to change your mind or whatever else you do."

headhunter

Quote from: lil sis on Sep 06, 2011, 02:08 PM
Trish--so happy to hear you guys are being taken care of.  What a mess.

As for me...power went out twice, basement flooded about 2 feet of water causing our hot water boiler to be flooded out.  Have NOT had hot water in over a week.  Landlord is finally sending a plumber over tomorrow to get this fixed.  Piece of shit.  Hopefully only have to take one more freezing cold shower.  Not fun when it is chilly and raining in the morning.  Meh.  >:(

ugh-- that sucks!  hopefully you didn't lose anything precious.  hope you are back to normal soon!

was some shakin' and some record playin'

lil sis

Nothing precious was lost...just was totally miserable for the past week.  New boiler was installed today and we finally have hot water.  Huzzah!!!   :D
"There's still time for you to change your mind or whatever else you do."

johnnYYac

Quote from: FiddleCastro on Sep 06, 2011, 02:03 PM

My town finally cleaned up this thing in my front yard today!
Good thing!  That is one ugly birdhouse!

Just kidding.  Glad to see and hear of folks slowly getting back to normal.  Did you get power back, Rich?  Anything good in the mail lately?

Ghosts_on_TV

Shits gettin real in Wilkes-Barre. Potentially the worst flooding since 1972.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

tdb810

Quote from: Ghosts_on_TV on Sep 07, 2011, 08:54 PM
Shits gettin real in Wilkes-Barre. Potentially the worst flooding since 1972.
good luck out there Ghosts! i saw a photo that Ky posted -- insane! be safe!

Ghosts_on_TV

They evacuated the low lying areas already, and are going to make the call on places protected by the levee by 6 am. My whole neighbourhood is on a hill so ill be alright.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

bluesky

Quote from: lil sis on Sep 07, 2011, 07:06 PM
Nothing precious was lost...just was totally miserable for the past week.  New boiler was installed today and we finally have hot water.  Huzzah!!!   :D

good day for hot water...these last few have been wet and chilly!!! Glad all the forum friends have made it through these series of storms!  :)