Hangout Music Festival Approved for 2012!!!

Started by bold992006, Aug 30, 2011, 11:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

evilurges86

agreeed! you must attend this heavenly event,  but personally nothing will ever top last year... and every festival is compared to last years hangout  8)

My Morning Jacket- Steam Engine Hangout Fest 2011!
"Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness"

Penny Lane

the headliners are terrible this year (so far) *other than Jack White--but he's not headlining?...but the other bands (the ones Mahgeeta named) are great..

however, evil is right--nothing will compare with last year...or FORECASTLE this year  :thumbsup:
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Fully

Quote from: Penny Lane on Feb 07, 2012, 10:02 AM
the headliners are terrible this year (so far) *other than Jack White--but he's not headlining?...but the other bands (the ones Mahgeeta named) are great..

however, evil is right--nothing will compare with last year...or FORECASTLE this year  :thumbsup:

I agree with you on the headliners. I'd like to go see Big Freedia, but maybe she'll be on the bonnaroo lineup. As much as I enjoy going to the beach, this festival isn't getting me there.

I don't really get why Wilco isn't headlining instead of String Cheese Incident. I mean, I enjoy String Cheese, but it's WILCO for goodness sakes!!

Penny Lane

Quote from: YouAre_GivenToFly on Feb 07, 2012, 09:42 AM
Delta Spirit, Dawes, Dr Dog, Alabama Shakes, Wilco, all on the beach?!

WHY am I not attending this?

because you're seeing most of those bands separately at their real (full-length) shows, plus you're saving your money for forecastle...also, all that sun causes wrinkles...

any other questions?

YouAre_GivenToFly

Quote from: Penny Lane on Feb 07, 2012, 10:14 AM
Quote from: YouAre_GivenToFly on Feb 07, 2012, 09:42 AM
Delta Spirit, Dawes, Dr Dog, Alabama Shakes, Wilco, all on the beach?!

WHY am I not attending this?

because you're seeing most of those bands separately at their real (full-length) shows, plus you're saving your money for forecastle...also, all that sun causes wrinkles...

any other questions?

How did you get so wise?
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

Ruckus

Quote from: mahg33ta on Feb 07, 2012, 09:28 AM
the entire lineup is up now, except for a 3rd headliner to be announced.   

I think it looks pretty darn good.  Delta Spirit, Dawes, Dr Dog, Alabama Shakes, Devil Makes 3, Gary Clark Jr, M Ward, Wilco, Jack White.....
and Futurebirds and Coheed (a very guilty pleasure).  Definitely prefer this years to last years.  I think it's great that they are expanding the grounds but still capping it at 35000.  AND AN AIR CONDITIONED DANCE TENT!?  Let the good times roll
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

BigHerm

Wilco, Flaming Lips, Jack White, Dawes, Delta Spirit...

Good line-up, don't think it's enough to get me down there especially with Forecastle already booked.

YouAre_GivenToFly

Quote from: Ruckus on Feb 07, 2012, 10:25 AM
Quote from: mahg33ta on Feb 07, 2012, 09:28 AM
the entire lineup is up now, except for a 3rd headliner to be announced.   

I think it looks pretty darn good.  Delta Spirit, Dawes, Dr Dog, Alabama Shakes, Devil Makes 3, Gary Clark Jr, M Ward, Wilco, Jack White.....
and Futurebirds and Coheed (a very guilty pleasure).  Definitely prefer this years to last years.  I think it's great that they are expanding the grounds but still capping it at 35000.  AND AN AIR CONDITIONED DANCE TENT!?  Let the good times roll

Damnit I'd love to see Coheed again.

Forecastle lineup better blow my socks off because this festival is looking damn good.
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

e_wind

Have to say, it'd take more than that to get me back. First off, last years line up blew this years out of the water. Also, if you dont already have a condo, good luck with those shuttle lines. Hangout last year was insanely awesome, but I don't think I'll be going back ever unless the line up is undeniable.  Something about the crowd it draws turns me off.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Penny Lane

Quote from: e_wind on Feb 07, 2012, 12:47 PM
Have to say, it'd take more than that to get me back. First off, last years line up blew this years out of the water. Also, if you dont already have a condo, good luck with those shuttle lines. Hangout last year was insanely awesome, but I don't think I'll be going back ever unless the line up is undeniable.  Something about the crowd it draws turns me off.

i can't imagine how bad those shuttle buses are---
i know how bad the entrance lines were just walking in--hope they get that a little better this year. waiting almost 1 hour 45 min to get in on Fri was ridiculous and cost us rail spots (lol). ..only Seth got in early enough!

marino13

Am I missing something?  I don't see Delta Spirit on the list.  If they are playing I may try to convince my wife to go.  If not, it would be very a tough sell.

e_wind

Quote from: Penny Lane on Feb 07, 2012, 01:31 PM
Quote from: e_wind on Feb 07, 2012, 12:47 PM

i can't imagine how bad those shuttle buses are---
i know how bad the entrance lines were just walking in--hope they get that a little better this year. waiting almost 1 hour 45 min to get in on Fri was ridiculous and cost us rail spots (lol). ..only Seth got in early enough!

I stayed at a condo close enough, but on Sunday Nig I talked to someone I. Line that said 3 hours for the peeps that stay until the very end. FUCK THAT. My one complaint with the actual hangout crew and whoever put it on is the organization. Though I hear they're expanding this year which could help.

mahg33ta

Quote from: marino13 on Feb 07, 2012, 02:22 PM
Am I missing something?  I don't see Delta Spirit on the list.  If they are playing I may try to convince my wife to go.  If not, it would be very a tough sell.

I'm the one who mentioned them above, so sorry if I started a bad rumor.   I don't see them listed on the Hangout site.   I do see them listed on a few local articles.   Do a google for "hangout festival lineup 2012 delta spirit" and you'll see a few.  For example,
http://gulfcoast.myfoxal.com/news/arts-culture/105656-hangout-festival-announces-2012-lineup

This year's line up includes Matthews Band, Wilco, the Alabama Shakes, the Flaming Lips, Jack White, Steve Winwood, Chris Cornell, STS9, Michael Franti & Spearhead, Randy Newman, Yelawolf, Mavis Staples, the String Cheese Incident, G. Love & Special Sauce, Skrillex, Mac Miller, Gogol Bordello, Flogging Molly, Paul Oakenfold, Kaskade, Delta Spirit, Dr. Dog, Dawes, M. Ward, Coheed & Cambria, Switchfoot, Julian Marley, Cage the Elephant, Zed's Dead, Sphongle, Young the Giant, Gary Clark Jr., Rebelution, Allen Stone, Big Freedia, The Devil Makes Three, Futurebirds, Hey Rosetta!, Sleeper Agent, The Lumineers, Archnemesis, Tribal Seeds, Rich Aucoin, Jamie Bergeron and Dispatch.

I'd get confirmation from a better source if I were you.   Convincing your wife to go and then learning while there no Delta Spirit sounds very bad!

scosby2

i'm really not impressed at all...i really think all of the ones i want to see on this list have a pretty good chance of being at forecastle...good choice boys

bold992006

They had me at Jack White and Wilco.  Yes last year had bigger names but I think there are some great bands here...Shakes, Devil Makes Three, Dawes, Gary Clark Jr..etc.  I can't wait to see them on the beach.

I had the most fun I've ever had at a Fest last year..I just don't think you can beat the atmosphere of this Fest...and with 30+ bands and a headliner still to go it will only get better.

Our condo is a 5 min walk to the Fest so no shuttles and I didn't have any issues getting into the Fest last year...I can't wait!!

marino13

Quote from: mahg33ta on Feb 07, 2012, 04:38 PM
Quote from: marino13 on Feb 07, 2012, 02:22 PM

I'm the one who mentioned them above, so sorry if I started a bad rumor.   I don't see them listed on the Hangout site.   I do see them listed on a few local articles.   Do a google for "hangout festival lineup 2012 delta spirit" and you'll see a few.  For example,
http://gulfcoast.myfoxal.com/news/arts-culture/105656-hangout-festival-announces-2012-lineup

This year's line up includes Matthews Band, Wilco, the Alabama Shakes, the Flaming Lips, Jack White, Steve Winwood, Chris Cornell, STS9, Michael Franti & Spearhead, Randy Newman, Yelawolf, Mavis Staples, the String Cheese Incident, G. Love & Special Sauce, Skrillex, Mac Miller, Gogol Bordello, Flogging Molly, Paul Oakenfold, Kaskade, Delta Spirit, Dr. Dog, Dawes, M. Ward, Coheed & Cambria, Switchfoot, Julian Marley, Cage the Elephant, Zed's Dead, Sphongle, Young the Giant, Gary Clark Jr., Rebelution, Allen Stone, Big Freedia, The Devil Makes Three, Futurebirds, Hey Rosetta!, Sleeper Agent, The Lumineers, Archnemesis, Tribal Seeds, Rich Aucoin, Jamie Bergeron and Dispatch.

I'd get confirmation from a better source if I were you.   Convincing your wife to go and then learning while there no Delta Spirit sounds very bad!

Thanks for the update!  Looking at Delta Spirit's schedule, it is certainly a possibility they could be added.   They are playing AL/LA in April, so maybe they are being held off the list so it doesn't hurt the ticket sales for those shows.

e_wind

Quote from: bold992006 on Feb 08, 2012, 10:32 AM
They had me at Jack White and Wilco.  Yes last year had bigger names but I think there are some great bands here...Shakes, Devil Makes Three, Dawes, Gary Clark Jr..etc.  I can't wait to see them on the beach.

I had the most fun I've ever had at a Fest last year..I just don't think you can beat the atmosphere of this Fest...and with 30+ bands and a headliner still to go it will only get better.

Our condo is a 5 min walk to the Fest so no shuttles and I didn't have any issues getting into the Fest last year...I can't wait!!

Our condo was in the "walking stretch" last year and that was awesome. Those condos for me are like RVs and bonnaroo... Only way I'll go back.

The only festival I've ever liked so much that I'll go back without regard to the line up is Wakarusa.

Fully

I just saw an email that said that Red Hot Chili Peppers is now one of the headliners.

el_chode

The day this Dubstep fad passes, and with it Skillrex, can't come soon enough.

The Hangout bro-fest looks to be a brotastic experience.
I'm surrounded by assholes

e_wind

I'm with you 115% chode.

Unfortunately Forevastle WILL have a couple electronic acts