Forum Album Club #1 - Tattoo You/ Rolling Stones -Wolof

Started by wolof7, Aug 31, 2011, 09:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolof7

Quote from: sweatboard on Aug 31, 2011, 09:48 PM
Quote from: ManNamedTruth on Aug 31, 2011, 09:44 PM
moved this from the other thread....

So I'll start this off early as I'll be entering the forum fantasy draft soon. I'm aided here by my brother's home made wine, some strong stuff doesn't even taste like wine, more like a strong cocktail. This is my second listen of Tattoo You.... Start Me Up - classic Stones song, only one I previously knew. I have a bunch of Stones like -  Exile, Let It Bleed, Sticky Fingers, etc... but probably wouldn't have gave this one a chance if it wasn't for this. I liked it more than I thought I would. Really liked Heaven on first listen, probably my favorite track.

Heaven is my favorite song as well.  Justin Vernon talked about a song on his new Bon Iver album being the one where you relight the joint.  Heaven is the song where you relight the joint if there ever was one.  I can't believe they came up with this song.  Amazing!!!

Ha it is such an underrated track but sounds more like a track where you re-light the crack pipe at 4am and ur up to no good with someone else's misses....too much? Anyone else? No?
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

Crispy

Now then, Neighbours starts to sound like the 80s Stones, does it not?
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

sweatboard

Quote from: wolof7 on Aug 31, 2011, 09:48 PM
Little T&A is a testament to how great of band they are. It sounds totally tossed off, probably written and recorded in a day. Still rocks

It does sound VERY Rock and Roll and I think it fits, just awful singing and lyrics.  Now Black Limo.  This is where I think Mick starts to get a bit more introspective with the lyrics. 

Harmonica and Lead Guitar are killing it!!!!
There's Still Time.........

Tracy 2112

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: sweatboard on Aug 31, 2011, 09:48 PM
Quote from: ManNamedTruth on Aug 31, 2011, 09:44 PM
moved this from the other thread....

So I'll start this off early as I'll be entering the forum fantasy draft soon. I'm aided here by my brother's home made wine, some strong stuff doesn't even taste like wine, more like a strong cocktail. This is my second listen of Tattoo You.... Start Me Up - classic Stones song, only one I previously knew. I have a bunch of Stones like -  Exile, Let It Bleed, Sticky Fingers, etc... but probably wouldn't have gave this one a chance if it wasn't for this. I liked it more than I thought I would. Really liked Heaven on first listen, probably my favorite track.

Heaven is my favorite song as well.  Justin Vernon talked about a song on his new Bon Iver album being the one where you relight the joint.  Heaven is the song where you relight the joint if there ever was one.  I can't believe they came up with this song.  Amazing!!!

I can relate to that.  ;) Heaven is a chill song for sure.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

wolof7

Quote from: Crispy on Aug 31, 2011, 09:50 PM

That chorus really hooks me tho, its right about when the booze starts to kick in...like now!

sweatboard

Neighbours remindes me of the pearl jam song "bugs"

sweatboard

I'd say at the time this record came out Mick was really, really,  freaked out by fame. 

Tracy 2112

Worried About You could have gone on Black & Blue
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

sweatboard

Quote from: wolof7 on Aug 31, 2011, 09:52 PM

That chorus really hooks me tho, its right about when the booze starts to kick in...like now!

The Sax guy rips up the end.  The drums sound amazing

wolof7

There is quite a bit of sax on this album....the onion's A/V club had an inventory list listing songs almost ruined by the overuse of Sax Bowie's Young Americans was on it so was a Hold Steady track...any thoughts too much sax on Tattoo you? I think they make it work

Crispy

Quote from: sweatboard on Aug 31, 2011, 09:55 PM
Quote from: wolof7 on Aug 31, 2011, 09:52 PM

The Sax guy rips up the end.  The drums sound amazing

I am a big fan of all the Sonny Rollins sax on this record too.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

sweatboard

Quote from: wolof7 on Aug 31, 2011, 09:56 PM
There is quite a bit of sax on this album....the onion's A/V club had an inventory list listing songs almost ruined by the overuse of Sax Bowie's Young Americans was on it so was a Hold Steady track...any thoughts too much sax on Tattoo you? I think they make it work

NO WAY!!!!  I LOVE every second of it. 

wolof7

sweatboard

Worried About You

Sexy Prince...... then the chorus kills.   BAAAAABY

Jim would do this song well

wolof7

Quote from: sweatboard on Aug 31, 2011, 09:57 PM
Quote from: wolof7 on Aug 31, 2011, 09:56 PM

NO WAY!!!!  I LOVE every second of it.

Nice, yea Neighbours is close but still a solid track with some ballsy sax

Crispy

Quote from: wolof7 on Aug 31, 2011, 09:58 PM
YIKKKKKKESSSSSS
:D 8) ??? :embarassed: :thumbsup: ;D
The Rolling Stones Worried About You 1981.

Those videos were SO BAD, but I watched every second of 'em, over and over. Now, the vid for Waitin' on a Friend...CLASSIC

wolof7

Quote from: sweatboard on Aug 31, 2011, 09:58 PM
Worried About You

Sexy Prince...... then the chorus kills.   BAAAAABY

Jim would do this song well

I think MMJ would do well with this whole album.....I would love to hear their take on 'Heaven'

wolof7

Tops was the song that introduced me to this album....Worried about You > Tops very funky choice of tracklisting

Crispy

Heaven is an incredible track, perfect for re-lighting that joint -- or rolling another.