Forum Album Club #1 - Tattoo You/ Rolling Stones -Wolof

Started by wolof7, Aug 31, 2011, 09:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crispy

Quote from: wolof7 on Aug 31, 2011, 10:17 PM
Did Mick Taylor guest on a few tracks as well?

He played on Tops and Waiting on a Friend. Got left out of the video though.  :P
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

YimBlaylock

Quote from: wolof7 on Aug 31, 2011, 10:15 PM
Quote from: YimBlaylock on Aug 31, 2011, 10:12 PM
Quote from: wolof7 on Aug 31, 2011, 09:56 PM
There is quite a bit of sax on this album....the onion's A/V club had an inventory list listing songs almost ruined by the overuse of Sax Bowie's Young Americans was on it so was a Hold Steady track...any thoughts too much sax on Tattoo you? I think they make it work

BRING ON THE SAX!!!

YimB between the name, the avatar and the posts you are by far the best new forum member, no offense to others, YimB could fancy realtions with cattle, but damn Jim Duggan really does it for me everytime....kinda like the sax on this album!

Haha thanks wolof. Shoutout to my bovine buddies.  ;)
It's all happening.

sweatboard

This record just feels great, 11 tracks, one flip, stunning music.  Great Record, Great Choice. 

Favorite Lyric....

Standing in the kitchen
Looking way out cross the fields
You see a face in the window
It not real, it not real

There's Still Time.........

wolof7

Quote from: Crispy on Aug 31, 2011, 10:20 PM

He played on Tops and Waiting on a Friend. Got left out of the video though.  :P

that's right

Is everyone finished with the album bc I went back and put it on Heaven again, wishin I had some jibbajabba
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

Jaimoe

No, he played on the tracks as part of the Stones. Tatoo You is made up of unreleased pre-recorded tracks, some dating back 10 years. Overdubs and other tweaks were done much later, during production.

iLikeBeer

Quote from: sweatboard on Aug 31, 2011, 10:12 PM
The vocal overdubbing on No Use In Crying is making you glad you re-lit that joint.

Amen to that.  Making me wish I would have packed one before the listening party.  Maybe that should be a prerequisite for next week...  8)

I think I would have more to contribute for sure...   :P

Quote from: Crispy on Aug 31, 2011, 10:16 PM
New appreciation for this record, thank you, wolof.

Not just for this album but for the Stones period for me.  I have re-connected with this band thanks to you wolof and it starts with this very understated album. 

I happen to love the sax in this album!  It definitely works on this record!

wolof7

Well that was a fun listen and the discussion can continue throughout the week...or as long as this world keeps spinnin  :thumbsup:

Shall the chosen one announce the next pick?

o and thanks for the kind words all, it was really easy, lets keep it going, easy with a fine bunch of fellows and the occasional lady circulating around these parts.  :beer:

sweatboard

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Aug 31, 2011, 10:09 PM
This is like being at the cool table at lunch   8)

More like being at the dork table except no one in a letterman's jacket just smacked me in the back of the head.   

Crispy

Quote from: iLikeBeer on Aug 31, 2011, 10:25 PM
The vocal overdubbing on No Use In Crying is making you glad you re-lit that joint. 
Amen to that.  Making me wish I would have packed one before the listening party.  Maybe that should be a prerequisite for next week...  8)

This maybe fairly true. Wolof appointed me as the next in line to select a record, so here you go (I'll post in the other thread too:

(click for spotify link)

Now Here Is Nowhere by The Secret Machines
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

sweatboard

I wants to hear what the next album is!!!!!  I'm also listening to Heaven>No Use In Crying again

sweatboard

Quote from: Crispy on Aug 31, 2011, 10:34 PM

This maybe fairly true. Wolof appointed me as the next in line to select the record, so  here you go (I'll post in the other thread too:

(click for spotify link)

SWEET, I have heard some serious buzz about this record on the forum lately.  Looking forward to checking it out. 

iLikeBeer

This maybe fairly true. Wolof appointed me as the next in line to select the record, so  here you go (I'll post in the other thread too:

(click for spotify link)

Well, this is another dandy that I haven't given much of a listen to recently and also makes my quote above even more relevant...  ;)

wolof7

Quote from: sweatboard on Aug 31, 2011, 10:38 PM

(click for spotify link)

SWEET, I have heard some serious buzz about this record on the forum lately.  Looking forward to checking it out.

Super Excited for this one, I only own Ten Silver Drops and know that this is the one preferred by most. Great pick Crispy!!!

iLikeBeer

Quote from: sweatboard on Aug 31, 2011, 10:33 PM

More like being at the dork table except no one in a letterman's jacket just smacked me in the back of the head.

I'd like to think this was like being at the stoner table myself.  I can recall from personal experience...  :P

YimBlaylock

Awesome. This is why this club is awesome. I can honestly say I have zero knowledge of The Secret Machines or their music. And after a quick look-up on wikipedia, I'm seeing prog rock listed as their primary genre. Prog rock isn't something I delve into that often, so hopefully this helps expand my palette just a little bit. Can't wait!
It's all happening.

Crispy

Ha! I think the buzz you've heard has pretty much come from me. I probably pimp this record too much, but I think it's worth it. Glad you guys are into it!

iLikeBeer

Quote from: wolof7 on Aug 31, 2011, 10:40 PM

Super Excited for this one, I only own Ten Silver Drops and know that this is the one preferred by most. Great pick Crispy!!!

I would definitely put this one WAY above Ten Silver Drops.

sweatboard

Quote from: Crispy on Aug 31, 2011, 10:42 PM

Ha! I think the buzz you've heard has pretty much come from me. I probably pimp this record too much, but I think it's worth it. Glad you guys are into it!

Ha, I think you're probably right.  I just looked this record up on Rhapsody and it lists it under DREAM POP/SPACE ROCK that might be my favorite Rhapsody description combination of all time.  "Space Rock" being my most very favorite.   

sweatboard

Quote from: iLikeBeer on Aug 31, 2011, 10:41 PM

I'd like to think this was like being at the stoner table myself.  I can recall from personal experience...  :P

There is nothing worse than being stoned and getting smacked in the back of the head for no reason. 

Well I'm sure there is, but not when it happens. 

wolof7

Quote from: sweatboard on Aug 31, 2011, 10:49 PM
Quote from: iLikeBeer on Aug 31, 2011, 10:41 PM

There is nothing worse than being stoned and getting smacked in the back of the head for no reason. 

Well I'm sure there is, but not when it happens.

;D ;D ;D ....so true, gnight folks