Roll Call - Dec 14th New York, NY @ Madison Square Garden

Started by headhunter, Sep 18, 2011, 08:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sda

Quote from: dstunbound on Sep 21, 2011, 09:04 AM
"Due to the overwhelming response for pre-sale tickets to the My Morning Jacket
show with Band of Horses at Madison Square Garden in New York, additional
tickets will be released to the band's mailing list tomorrow Wednesday, September 21st through ticketmaster.com at 9:00am EDT."

Nope, not true. Once again there were no tickets available for this presale.

At least I'm not the only one. No tickets available in any section..guess I have to wait till Friday.

snooty

I managed to pull a single in section 204.  Will be trying again for a better seat.

ParanoidAndroid

Damn, I got shut out by the 9am pre-sale. Sounds like everyone will. Pre-sale my ass.

Looks like I'll have to chase down a friend w/ an Amex in the next hour, and hopefully get a shot at that "pre-sale"

dstunbound

I'm know I'll get tickets, and decent ones, on Friday. I'm just frustrated because now I've allocated two blocks of time to get tickets when there don't appear to be any. I wonder if it's because of scalpers or because of management. They shouldn't be sending out multiple emails with presale info if they don't have tickets available for those times.

Bigsky

Quote from: mahg33ta on Sep 21, 2011, 09:06 AM
tickets will be released to the band's mailing list tomorrow Wednesday, September 21st through ticketmaster.com at 9:00am EDT."

but, it definitely does seem like there's a west GA and an east GA, because there was an option to buy either on the drop-down box.   Makes we wonder what they sold in the roll call sale.   Makes me regret not buying GA if west.

I did the Roll Call sale and got a GA ticket, but I didn't have to pick west or east. I just checked my ticket receipt and it just reads GA Floor...nothing about west or east...mmmmm

el_chode

My dudes, simply because YOU did not get tickets did not mean none were available, but simply you have bad luck. Solipsism is a tragic way to go through life.
I'm surrounded by assholes

brn2plybal

Anyone else getting this error message:

We could not process your ticket request.
Why did this occur?
Your ticket request exceeded the published ticket limit for this event.
This purchase combined with your previous purchases for this event exceeds the published ticket limit.

I didn't buy anything, just searched a few times.

el_chode

Quote from: Bigsky on Sep 21, 2011, 09:12 AM

but, it definitely does seem like there's a west GA and an east GA, because there was an option to buy either on the drop-down box.   Makes we wonder what they sold in the roll call sale.   Makes me regret not buying GA if west.

I did the Roll Call sale and got a GA ticket, but I didn't have to pick west or east. I just checked my ticket receipt and it just reads GA Floor...nothing about west or east...mmmmm

If I remember correctly for NYE, they funneled us through a separate entrance for GA, and they led us directly to the front (west?) stage GA because we were there pretty early. They probably fill front first, fill the back last, so it would behoove us all to get there early enough.

dstunbound

Quote from: el_chode on Sep 21, 2011, 09:12 AM
My dudes, simply because YOU did not get tickets did not mean none were available, but simply you have bad luck. Solipsism is a tragic way to go through life.

Like I said, I'll get tickets on Friday, not worried about that, just frustrated with the mailing list "presale." Did you get TM tickets?

Bigsky

Quote from: el_chode on Sep 21, 2011, 09:14 AM

If I remember correctly for NYE, they funneled us through a separate entrance for GA, and they led us directly to the front (west?) stage GA because we were there pretty early. They probably fill front first, fill the back last, so it would behoove us all to get there early enough.

I'm on my way...  ;)

Bigsky

Maybe CC could answer the GA concern...west vs. east?

ParanoidAndroid

i tried like 10 times and got shut down and then tried once again at 9:12am and BOOOMMMM!!! Got 'em!!! Section 119. You gotta keep clicking back in folks, ticketmaster is goofy like that.

brn2plybal

I pulled up 4 for section 105 row 15.  Passed on them.  I have an AMEX so I'm hoping for that to work out.

Also pulled 4 in 335, row N

sda

Yeah I got tickets just had to keep refreshing  :D

el_chode

Quote from: dstunbound on Sep 21, 2011, 09:16 AM
Quote from: el_chode on Sep 21, 2011, 09:12 AM

Like I said, I'll get tickets on Friday, not worried about that, just frustrated with the mailing list "presale." Did you get TM tickets?

No, but I got caught in a similar boondoggle for the final LCD Soundsystem Show where the scalpers bought out the event, so James Murphy just made it a 5 night event to fuck'em. I hate TM for this reason, I'm just saying that an inability to get in does not necessarily mean there wasn't a presale.

ParanoidAndroid

Quote from: sda on Sep 21, 2011, 09:22 AM

this re-trying/refreshing thing works b/c a lot of people click in to hold tickets and then for whatever reason don't actually buy them (like the person above who said they passed on 4 tickets). So when a ton of people are clicking into the system there's a huge queue, but enough people eventually step out of line to free up more tickets.

el_chode

Quote from: Bigsky on Sep 21, 2011, 09:16 AM

I'm on my way...  ;)

Looking back on it, what we did was pregamed with some friends down in Penn Station at one of the restaurants, then I had to meet some annoying drunk kid who purchased my extra ticket (I think he pissed off a lot of forum folk, sorry), and we tried to ditch him. But then we went into the garden and got sent around a few places, eventually ending up outside on the street in a separate line entering through a separate entrance in the back. They just gave us super-security checks and that kid ended up behind us causing a ruckus because he had baggies of tequila in his shirt plus a blunt. Then they just kind of force you through a series of lines until you're in front of the stage - there was no way to sneak a friend down actually.

ericm

Quote from: ParanoidAndroid on Sep 21, 2011, 09:25 AM
Quote from: sda on Sep 21, 2011, 09:22 AM

this re-trying/refreshing thing works b/c a lot of people click in to hold tickets and then for whatever reason don't actually buy them (like the person above who said they passed on 4 tickets). So when a ton of people are clicking into the system there's a huge queue, but enough people eventually step out of line to free up more tickets.

True, but I don't think there was a ton of people clicking into the system at 9:00, because there was no " wait time in the que" as is normally the case with high demand shows. Took only a few seconds to get the "no tix matched your request" page.
"Where's Jim going?"

tdb810

what would be considerered early enough choderino?
.....Back at the Model Home

ericm

I'm gonna have to disagree with you on this chode. Early yes,if the roll call ga's aren't specifically "west ga", but TM has two ga options in their pulldown box today;west and east. If it were going to be a first come first served, I don't think they'd give you two ga options, even if there was going to be two seperate ga sections.

You could have an east ga and be the first person in line, and I don't think you're getting in the west (front) ga, imo.
"Where's Jim going?"