Roll Call - Dec 14th New York, NY @ Madison Square Garden

Started by headhunter, Sep 18, 2011, 08:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigmagnolia

decent singles and a few pairs popping up now with 5mins left for the Presale

ericm

Quote from: subinai on Sep 21, 2011, 10:03 AM
Gilt City New York Offer: http://www.giltcity.com/newyork/mmjny

Sold out but there is a wait list. At least now we know where some of the good reserved seats went.   :(
"Where's Jim going?"

mahg33ta

is there going to be a huge demand for this show?  I wouldn't have guessed it (MSG capacity 19k)

Hard to tell based on these pre-sells- not knowing how many tickets have been released to each.   Feels like a fight so far.

TSarge

As for the East / West concerns - I recently went to a A Perfect Circle concert at the Hammerstein Ballroom where they had tickets marked for 2 different GA sections, and also tickets that just read "Floor GA". It didn't matter what your ticket said, as the GA section was not divided at all and everybody had equal access.

I would imagine that this will be the same for MSG... I think it's probably a ticketing technicality that requires the different sections? I'm not sure.

brn2plybal

I scored 4 tix in section 226, row D.

I seen nothing for the 109-107 & 115-117 sections. 

Those might have been funnelled to scalpers or they might be released on the general on sale.

This just seems kinda wild. 

Reminds me of LCD Soundsystem

ericm

Quote from: mahg33ta on Sep 21, 2011, 10:22 AM
is there going to be a huge demand for this show?  I wouldn't have guessed it (MSG capacity 19k)

Hard to tell based on these pre-sells- not knowing how many tickets have been released to each.   Feels like a fight so far.

Usually pre-sales are 8-10% of the venue.With three pre-sales, I'd say there's going to be at the very least 50-60% of MSG available for Friday's general sale,imo.

Based on what was available to Roll Call, Artist, and Amex pre-sales, I'd say most of the prime reserved seats haven't been released yet, and should be there on Friday. Then again this is Ticketbastard and NYC, so you never really know.
"Where's Jim going?"

mahg33ta

Quote from: ericm on Sep 21, 2011, 10:31 AM

Usually pre-sales are 8-10% of the venue.With three pre-sales, I'd say there's going to be at the very least 50-60% of MSG available for Friday's general sale,imo.

Based on what was available to Roll Call, Artist, and Amex pre-sales, I'd say most of the prime reserved seats haven't been released yet, and should be there on Friday. Then again this is Ticketbastard and NYC, so you never really know.

yes, we shall see on Friday.   But, I bet the tickets released to Roll Call were less than 8%...

ericm

Quote from: mahg33ta on Sep 21, 2011, 10:40 AM
Quote from: ericm on Sep 21, 2011, 10:31 AM

yes, we shall see on Friday.   But, I bet the tickets released to Roll Call were less than 8%...

You're probably right about that. With the ga's and three or four reserve sections available to Roll Call, it's possible they had access to that many, but I'm with you, I doubt they got that many. If they did, they didn't sell them all, because some of those reserve sections were popping up in the other two presales.
"Where's Jim going?"

brn2plybal

In the past I've had good luck with ticketmaster's on sales.

I'm hoping that luck will come around again on Friday.

If so, I will have 4 tickets available for purchase (face + fees) in section 226, row D.

Does anyone want to claim these now? 

steggyD

So what you all are saying is that I should wait until Friday? Or find someone with an Amex and get what I can? I want to see this show so bad and would hate to watch it from the top floor.

el_chode

Quote from: TSarge on Sep 21, 2011, 10:26 AM
As for the East / West concerns - I recently went to a A Perfect Circle concert at the Hammerstein Ballroom where they had tickets marked for 2 different GA sections, and also tickets that just read "Floor GA". It didn't matter what your ticket said, as the GA section was not divided at all and everybody had equal access.

I would imagine that this will be the same for MSG... I think it's probably a ticketing technicality that requires the different sections? I'm not sure.

I've only been to MSG for NYE type shows, and there has always been a divide between the two sections of the floor. Double rail, with an alley for security and beer bringers.
I'm surrounded by assholes

brn2plybal

Quote from: steggyD on Sep 21, 2011, 11:00 AM
So what you all are saying is that I should wait until Friday? Or find someone with an Amex and get what I can? I want to see this show so bad and would hate to watch it from the top floor.

Who knows.  I've found presales to be all kinds of shady when using ticketmaster. 

They usually sell off the mediocre seats to drive up deman when the on sale happens and only nosebleeds are left.

Then they release more tickets after 5 minutes on the on sale.

But then scalpers need to get their fill too.

Ticketing is real shady, there is no real solution for it as every band does it differently.

johnnYYac

Seems like this would be the PERFECT venue to try a "Roll Call members only" entrance and/or GA space.  Not sure if the powers-that-be at MSG would let it happen, but how does the saying go?

"Membership has its privileges."

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Stevie

any chance whatsoever that friday sells out super fast and they make it a two night run?

mahg33ta

Quote from: johnnYYac on Sep 21, 2011, 11:31 AM
Seems like this would be the PERFECT venue to try a "Roll Call members only" entrance and/or GA space.  Not sure if the powers-that-be at MSG would let it happen, but how does the saying go?

sounds like a great idea.  BUT - I would REALLY regret grabbing seats instead of GA then!

johnnYYac

Quote from: mahg33ta on Sep 21, 2011, 11:40 AM

sounds like a great idea.  BUT - I would REALLY regret grabbing seats instead of GA then!
So, you're going?  Sweet!  Hope you don't mind I added you.  2 more to hit 50!

1. Headhunter
2.tdb810
3.8bobbyb
4. lil sis
5. ynwa
6. ericm
7. oistheone
8. natonate99
9. e-wind +1
10.  MrWhippy (coming solo up from DC)
11. Penny
12. johnnYYac
13. firesofcanning
14. bluesky
15. CountSA
16. FiddleCastro
17. Ghosts on TV and Co.
18. WSS2, Mrs. WSS2, +2
19. Jane
20. TSarge
21. joey and co.
22. br00ke !!!!!!!!!
23. Nova_Nola (provided the flight Gods are kind)
24. Dboczar + 1
25. jbaruch76
26. Ruckus+2
27. Bigsky
28. JaneCool
29. noripcord+1
30. Dillsnufus +2
31. TheLurker + wife
32. El Chode + Mrs Chode + Virgin 1 + Virgin 2
33. subinai
34. Lucylew +1
35. Tired Eyes
36. goldbondking
37. Sweet Nothing
38. Wamsankas+1+my parents in another section
39. Honest Man + TouchMeIAmGoing2Cream + Guest
40. Tbear+1
41. Northern Neighbour and the Mrs.  (Hopefully we get the time off!)
42. crooney +3
43. mynameiscurt + 1
44. edierevolution +1
45. Murph + many
46. manonthemoon +1 GA and 2 tickets in 118
47. CTdeadhead, thanks PL!!
48. mahg33ta +?

mahg33ta

Quote from: johnnYYac on Sep 21, 2011, 11:43 AM

So, you're going?  Added.

I didn't add myself because I'm not 100% this far out w/ my work schedule, but I hope to!  Thanks for adding me....

Penny Lane

Roll Call is great but the whole ticket transaction thing stresses me out. At Red Rocks, we had to drive down a mountain, luckily we had 2 sober people everyone saving spots. How did this work at other venues?
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

johnnYYac

Quote from: mahg33ta on Sep 21, 2011, 11:45 AM
Quote from: johnnYYac on Sep 21, 2011, 11:43 AM

So, you're going?  Added.

I didn't add myself because I'm not 100% this far out w/ my work schedule, but I hope to!  Thanks for adding me....
I know, but I'd rather have you on the list than not. 

If work schedule doesn't allow, can you take time off?  As a teacher, I've no choice but to use a couple of personal days.  This new district is pretty generous, though.  I get 15 sick/family health days, 3 personal days, plus a week off each in Dec. for X-mas, winter break in Feb., spring break in April, and most of July and August for summer break.