Roll Call - Dec 14th New York, NY @ Madison Square Garden

Started by headhunter, Sep 18, 2011, 08:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northern Neighbour

JC, that's awesome that you got to meet Patrick, Bo, and Tommy.  Too bad we didn't make it back to the Stout last night, but maybe next time.  Hope you have a safe trip back to south Jersey.

el_chode

My wife tried to grab a pic of hte naked guy. We were carl-side corner. All I saw was a very pasty pale person being pulled away in a jesus christ pose
I'm surrounded by assholes

el_chode

Also are any of you friends with a girl from Missouri/Peace Corps-by-way-of-Tonga?

Murph

If you left the garden last night not thinking that MMJ is the best band on the planet, there is no hope for you.  Most fun show I've ever been to.

Penny Lane

some high kicking:

all the way from Oklahoma: Jazz Hands

Look who we saw on the way out! Ben Jaffe..

but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

br00ke

i have a ton of pictures and a ton of comments but i just had to post a pic penny took of me and bluesky  ... i am so in love with it b/c we look SO HAPPY (and we were) !!!

freaking amazing evening .. i heart you crazy people!!!

ericm

Quote from: br00ke on Dec 15, 2011, 01:39 PM
i have a ton of pictures and a ton of comments but i just had to post a pic penny took of me and bluesky  ... i am so in love with it b/c we look SO HAPPY (and we were) !!!

GREAT pic!!!! Love it.  :thumbsup:
"Where's Jim going?"

el_chode

headhunter

Quote from: layin low on Dec 15, 2011, 10:33 AM
Great pics here. http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2011/12/my_morning_jack_33.html

Would love to see the Band of Horses set if anyone can locate it. They make their home base here in the Carolinas, and are excellent. Quick story: BOH were opening for Kings of Leon over the summer, then Caleb Followill had his meltdown (at the third f#$#ing show!) and they cancelled the entire tour. Was pretty bummed because us folks in Charlotte were going to be three days later. Well, BOH took the bull by the horns and created their own mini-tour through some of the cities, including mine. I got my money back from the original ticket and paid only half that to see Band of Horses kill it during a 2+ hour set at a smaller (and better) venue. Was one of the highlights of my 2011 concert experiences.

Anyway, back to MSG, wow folks, looks like you got a hot one! Steam Engine and Dondante, horns, etc. Was interested why MMJ soundchecked I'll Be Home when we were in Greensboro and then didn't play it during the show, but now it makes sense. All in all, a great fall/winter tour ending show. Happy Holidays to all!!

P.S. All I want for Christmas is Carl's magical slide guitar skills.

GREAT PHOTOS !!!!
was some shakin' and some record playin'

headhunter

headhunter

Quote from: ericm on Dec 15, 2011, 01:43 PM
Quote from: br00ke on Dec 15, 2011, 01:39 PM

GREAT pic!!!! Love it.  :thumbsup:
\

for me, this picture captures the night!  nice photo of two wonderful happy girls just having some good fun.

headhunter

each jacket show qualifies as one of the greatest nights of my life and last night was no exception.  Looking at a setlist never does justice to the high energy these guys produce on stage.

There is no better live band than MMJ!

Thank you to Bluesky for once upon a time introducing me to some special forum folks.  You people are wonderful to spend a show with.  Some of you are acquaintances, some are friends, some are family.  Ain't no better people in the world to share an mmj show with.  A toast to all of you wild, wacky and wonderful people who I got to hang with at Stout and/or in the first couple of rows of West GA at the rail in MSG.  This group knows how to have a good time at a show and help make the total experience of MMJ live greater than the sum of the parts.

Will post some pictures when I get home tonight.  Will miss you guys until the next show.

kotchishm

Quote from: layin low on Dec 15, 2011, 10:33 AM
Great pics here. http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2011/12/my_morning_jack_33.html

Would love to see the Band of Horses set if anyone can locate it. They make their home base here in the Carolinas, and are excellent. Quick story: BOH were opening for Kings of Leon over the summer, then Caleb Followill had his meltdown (at the third f#$#ing show!) and they cancelled the entire tour. Was pretty bummed because us folks in Charlotte were going to be three days later. Well, BOH took the bull by the horns and created their own mini-tour through some of the cities, including mine. I got my money back from the original ticket and paid only half that to see Band of Horses kill it during a 2+ hour set at a smaller (and better) venue. Was one of the highlights of my 2011 concert experiences.

Anyway, back to MSG, wow folks, looks like you got a hot one! Steam Engine and Dondante, horns, etc. Was interested why MMJ soundchecked I'll Be Home when we were in Greensboro and then didn't play it during the show, but now it makes sense. All in all, a great fall/winter tour ending show. Happy Holidays to all!!

P.S. All I want for Christmas is Carl's magical slide guitar skills.

1.Cigarettes, Wedding Bands
2.The Great Salt Lake
3.Is There a Ghost
4.The General Specific
5.For Annabelle
6.The First Song
7.Islands on the Coast
8.Older
9.No One's Gonna Love You
10.Infinite Arms
11.Ode to LRC
12.The Funeral
13.Am I A Good Man (Them Two Cover)
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

br00ke

Quote from: headhunter on Dec 15, 2011, 02:05 PM
each jacket show qualifies as one of the greatest nights of my life and last night was no exception.  Looking at a setlist never does justice to the high energy these guys produce on stage.

There is no better live band than MMJ!

Thank you to Bluesky for once upon a time introducing me to some special forum folks.  You people are wonderful to spend a show with.  Some of you are acquaintances, some are friends, some are family.  Ain't no better people in the world to share an mmj show with.  A toast to all of you wild, wacky and wonderful people who I got to hang with at Stout and/or in the first couple of rows of West GA at the rail in MSG.  This group knows how to have a good time at a show and help make the total experience of MMJ live greater than the sum of the parts.

Will post some pictures when I get home tonight.  Will miss you guys until the next show.

jeff .. one of my most favorite moments was during Dodonate, reaching over and me and you grabbing hands in excitement .. it was what i often call my Golden Girls Handshake. you know, "thank you for being a friend"  :thumbsup:

e_wind

Does anyone know the Band Of Horses setlist? Seems like there was a cover or something when he was singing without a guitar. Either way, they really surprised me! I'm not a big boh fan but I know they played Is there a ghost, great salt lake, and the funeral
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

JaneCool

Quote from: e_wind on Dec 15, 2011, 02:18 PM
Does anyone know the Band Of Horses setlist? Seems like there was a cover or something when he was singing without a guitar. Either way, they really surprised me! I'm not a big boh fan but I know they played Is there a ghost, great salt lake, and the funeral

It's just up a couple posts.  ;)
So, I do believe.....

e_wind

Quote from: JaneCool on Dec 15, 2011, 02:20 PM
Quote from: e_wind on Dec 15, 2011, 02:18 PM

It's just up a couple posts.  ;)

Oops. On my phone and didn't look. I thought that was a cover.

Crispy

This is bizarre, somehow I'm back at work this afternoon. What a crazy trip, a great show, and so much fun seeing everyone and meeting more peeps! Steam + Dondante, BH, and I don't know if I've heard a better Mageetah. I'm exhausted, but SO glad I made it. Thanks again, Penny and Eric for convincing me to get there! (it didn't take a whole lot of arm-twisting)
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

e_wind

Just got confirmation that the Jacket is in fact the musical guest for the first taping today! Yyyeaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

subinai

Quote from: e_wind on Dec 15, 2011, 02:37 PM
Just got confirmation that the Jacket is in fact the musical guest for the first taping today! Yyyeaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

wish i could've made it - couldn't get out of work!