Roll Call - Dec 14th New York, NY @ Madison Square Garden

Started by headhunter, Sep 18, 2011, 08:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crispy

Quote from: Fully on Dec 17, 2011, 06:42 PM
Quote from: goldbondking on Dec 17, 2011, 12:53 PM
Quote from: Ruckus on Dec 15, 2011, 12:46 PM
  Hey, I also met Goldbondking upstairs where I managed to professionally slur multiple words to him.  A great 1st impression ;D  I blame shots of scotch, vodka, soco limes chased by double bourbons. ;D

You seemed pretty lucid to me.  Probably says more about my state of mind... ::) It was great to meet you Ruckus. 

Had a fantastic time with Sweet Nothing and a couple other buddies. 

I haven't seen this mentioned: Band of Horses seemed to not know their words on I'll Be Home For Christmas. We all were laughing about it and then Jim seemed to say something to the effect of, "Oh boy!" when he got back to his side of the stage. Anybody else catch this?
I saw this too. He seemed to be laughing at them cause they were kind of horrible there for a few minutes. Also, I'm still on a high from this show. It was so worth all the effort it took for me to be able to go to it. I still can't tell all of you that I've met (and unfortunately, I've forgotten forum names for some of you that I talked to - particularly the guy that I stood in line with and we talked about Drive By Truckers coming to Nashville) how great a group y'all are. So welcoming and friendly. I have to admit that traveling so far by myself was so much more fun because of all of you. Thanks, so very much. You are all have great generous hearts and I'll go see a show with any of you any day of the week.
Hey Fully, it great to meet you (of particular note was our chat on the rail before the show  :o ::) ), and I look forward to seeing you at more shows in the future! I'm with you on the travel bit, and how easy it becomes when you get enjoy these shows with these great people. Still on a big high myself, I was bragging to some guy in the record store in Tulsa today about seeing the boys in MSG.

Ahh, so great to have seen everyone again, and especially to rock out with Ky and Valerie and Jeff, and to have let Maggie have the full jazz hands treatment—didn't I warn you about standing behind me?
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Fully

Quote from: Crispy on Dec 17, 2011, 06:58 PM
  Hey, I also met Goldbondking upstairs where I managed to professionally slur multiple words to him.  A great 1st impression ;D  I blame shots of scotch, vodka, soco limes chased by double bourbons. ;D

You seemed pretty lucid to me.  Probably says more about my state of mind... ::) It was great to meet you Ruckus. 

I haven't seen this mentioned: Band of Horses seemed to not know their words on I'll Be Home For Christmas. We all were laughing about it and then Jim seemed to say something to the effect of, "Oh boy!" when he got back to his side of the stage. Anybody else catch this?
I saw this too. He seemed to be laughing at them cause they were kind of horrible there for a few minutes. Also, I'm still on a high from this show. It was so worth all the effort it took for me to be able to go to it. I still can't tell all of you that I've met (and unfortunately, I've forgotten forum names for some of you that I talked to - particularly the guy that I stood in line with and we talked about Drive By Truckers coming to Nashville) how great a group y'all are. So welcoming and friendly. I have to admit that traveling so far by myself was so much more fun because of all of you. Thanks, so very much. You are all have great generous hearts and I'll go see a show with any of you any day of the week.
Hey Fully, it great to meet you (of particular note was our chat on the rail before the show  :o ::) ), and I look forward to seeing you at more shows in the future! I'm with you on the travel bit, and how easy it becomes when you get enjoy these shows with these great people. Still on a big high myself, I was bragging to some guy in the record store in Tulsa today about seeing the boys in MSG.

Ahh, so great to have seen everyone again, and especially to rock out with Ky and Valerie and Jeff, and to have let Maggie have the full jazz hands treatment—didn't I warn you about standing behind me?

Yeah Crispy, I just remembered that conversation today, and I'm pretty sure I cringed about that. I'm sure I was the one who brought up the topic; I'm usually am a bit on the salty side. Hope I didn't discourage you from standing by me at any future shows.  :embarassed: ;D

Crispy

Quote from: Fully on Dec 17, 2011, 07:14 PM

Yeah Crispy, I just remembered that conversation today, and I'm pretty sure I cringed about that. I'm sure I was the one who brought up the topic; I'm usually am a bit on the salty side. Hope I didn't discourage you from standing by me at any future shows.  :embarassed: ;D

HA! You may remember me fully(!) engaging you on the topic. And as I recall, our discussion wasn't quite completed, so I look forward to continuing that at our next show.  :thumbsup:
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Fully

Quote from: Crispy on Dec 17, 2011, 07:23 PM
Quote from: Fully on Dec 17, 2011, 07:14 PM

HA! You may remember me fully(!) engaging you on the topic. And as I recall, our discussion wasn't quite completed, so I look forward to continuing that at our next show.  :thumbsup:

Actually, I do remember that. We'll "delve deeper" into the subject at the next one.  ::) :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: ::)

e_wind

got home tonight. NYC  was great, though I could never live there (in Manhattan, anyway). I never made it further than that...

Tuesday we saw Rock of Ages. Not my choice to see a Broadway and definitely not one filled with 80's arena rock songs. Entertaining enough, though, and I knew I couldn't go to NYC with my gf and not see one. God it out of the way early.

Wednesday we had fun, i guess ( ;) )

Thursday we caught Letterman, which was awesome. Followed it up with the 9/11 tribute shit, some good ol' fake product purchases in China town, and then to West Village area where we saw Dave Attell and went out and had the most fun night of the trip other than MSG. Not surprisingly the most least cliche thing we did was awesome. I ended up having a nice time (including with some comedians) after the show. It was awesome. Dave Attell is a super nice guy for being such a dickhead on stage.

Friday I think we just wandered cause we didn't have anything left that either of us really wanted to do.

I have some serious post show blues, especially since the only confirmed jacket shows in 2012 I'll be out of the country for. Jeez.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Fully

Sounds like you had a really good week, E. My trip was much shorter than yours, but I must say that I'm still floating above it all from the show we got to see.

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

johnnYYac

e_wind

johnnYYac

e_wind

if I'm correct, the single santa hat on the rail with his arm in the air is NN, which puts me directly to his left in this picture.

ericm

Quote from: johnnYYac on Dec 18, 2011, 12:39 PM
Quote from: e_wind on Dec 18, 2011, 12:04 PM
i can spot so many of us in that pic
Me, too, though I couldn't find you.

Well spotted John!! Not sure if we can see them, but Ant was right behind me,and Janecool to my right.
"Where's Jim going?"

johnnYYac

I remember where a lot of folks were, but couldn't see 'em clearly.  Sorry if I missed someone obvious.

JaneCool

Quote from: johnnYYac on Dec 18, 2011, 12:39 PM
Quote from: e_wind on Dec 18, 2011, 12:04 PM
i can spot so many of us in that pic
Me, too, though I couldn't find you.

Why does it say 2001 on the pic? I can see my arm, the rest of me is obscured.
So, I do believe.....

johnnYYac

I reposted the photo and cropped it a bit.  Guess he forgot what year it was, a symptom of a good time at a Jacket show.

I did want to mention this was my first show left of center.  I found numerous times my attention was completely off of Jim and his antics, giving Carl, Tommy, and Patrick more of my focus.  It was a nice change.  I'd close my eyes, groovin', then open my eyes and realize I hadn't "seen" Jim in a while.  Doesn't seem Carl looks much past his bangs, though.  Probably figures all he'll see are a sea of faces looking to his left. 

Crispy

Quote from: johnnYYac on Dec 18, 2011, 02:46 PM
I reposted the photo and cropped it a bit.  Guess he forgot what year it was, a symptom of a good time at a Jacket show.

I did want to mention this was my first show left of center.  I found numerous times my attention was completely off of Jim and his antics, giving Carl, Tommy, and Patrick more of my focus.  It was a nice change.  I'd close my eyes, groovin', then open my eyes and realize I hadn't "seen" Jim in a while.  Doesn't seem Carl looks much past his bangs, though.  Probably figures all he'll see are a sea of faces looking to his left.
Nice job with the annotation, and identifying my dome! Ky is just to my right, Fiddle's right behind me, and a few arms are obscuring Penny and brooke.

I love being on Carl side, and have been at most of the shows I've seen. I really enjoy seeing the WHOLE band, and dead center is where I choose to be when I can. I've seen Carl interacting with and checking out the audience plenty, even when he's not soloing.

Dillsnufus

Gazziza My Dillsnufus

Fully

Ruckus should be right beside me and behind JohnYYac.Also, the two santa hats beside Headhunter should be Lil Sis and her sister. Plus the infamous girl from Seattle is on his other side in the mouse? hat. Oh, and Mr. Whippy is right in front of me.

ericm

Woohoo! Show is up on archive.org now. Link is in the "tapings" section.

Sounds GREAT!!  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
"Where's Jim going?"

Fully

Quote from: ericm on Dec 18, 2011, 07:12 PM
Woohoo! Show is up on archive.org now. Link is in the "tapings" section.

Sounds GREAT!!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

It does. I'm at Steam Engine and it's really good. 8) Props to the taper!