Roll Call - Dec 14th New York, NY @ Madison Square Garden

Started by headhunter, Sep 18, 2011, 08:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluesky

This is the first time i have sat down since the show Wednesday night and i have just started listening to the taping. Was so great to see so many of you all again~ Nova, Phili crew, Lurker and Northern Neighbor with wives. Great to meet you Fully! Happiness is having Ky, Maggie and Crispy all together again at a show! Being by the sisters and Jeff, looking up into the stands to see Kyle rocking out! The whole East coast crew that have been such a part of this last year of shows!!! Amazing to look down the rail and know almost everyone as far as i could see~Ruckus, Johnny, Ant, Eric, Laura, Trish and Bob. Big thanks to Christine and Brooke for sharing the rail with me. :-* :-* :-* We got many high kicks from Jim and every time Jim would come our way Penny would reach her arms above me and scream Jim's name louder than humanly possible, drowning out the band. haha....this autumn has been really heavy for me and Wonderful and Steam Engine just made me cry, but I love MMJ's music as much for that as I do for how it makes me rock out! When I listen to these live taping I feel that I can hear my friends not just at the shows I make it to but the the other shows too!

bluesky

fantastic recording!!! Golden sounds soooo goooood...the soft parts with Bo and Jim's guitar pure magic!

br00ke

Quote from: johnnYYac on Dec 18, 2011, 12:39 PM

i am just to the left of the white hat to jeff/headhunter's left .. penny is to my left too. hard to see us shorties up front!

Sassbox

Quote from: br00ke on Dec 18, 2011, 10:01 PM

i am just to the left of the white hat to jeff/headhunter's left .. penny is to my left too. hard to see us shorties up front!

I think one of Crispy's jazz hands is blocking my head.
God sure baked a lot of fruitcake, baby.

Northern Neighbour

Quote from: e_wind on Dec 18, 2011, 12:04 PM
i can spot so many of us in that pic
Me, too, though I couldn't find you.

On the right side (Jim's side), I'm the one wearing the Santa hat with his hand in the air.  Eric is next to me, and next to him is NeoNate.  Carol is in front of me, but I'm blocking her.

bluesky

I forgot to add sassbox  :( 
Quote from: bluesky on Dec 18, 2011, 07:31 PM
This is the first time i have sat down since the show Wednesday night and i have just started listening to the taping. Was so great to see so many of you all again~ Nova, Phili crew, Lurker and Northern Neighbor with wives. Great to meet you Fully! Happiness is having Ky, Maggie and Crispy all together again at a show! Being by the sisters and Jeff, looking up into the stands to see Kyle rocking out! The whole East coast crew that have been such a part of this last year of shows!!! Amazing to look down the rail and know almost everyone as far as i could see~Ruckus, Johnny, Ant, Eric, Laura, Trish and Bob. Big thanks to Christine and Brooke for sharing the rail with me. :-* :-* :-* We got many high kicks from Jim and every time Jim would come our way Penny would reach her arms above me and scream Jim's name louder than humanly possible, drowning out the band. haha....this autumn has been really heavy for me and Wonderful and Steam Engine just made me cry, but I love MMJ's music as much for that as I do for how it makes me rock out! When I listen to these live taping I feel that I can hear my friends not just at the shows I make it to but the the other shows too!

StaggerLee

Ok so here comes my rant that i have been going over in my head for the last 4 or 5 days...

First, what an amazing group of peeps that are on these forums!  I had such a blast meeting the people I had not met before and seeing some familiar faces as well.  Stout was a perfect choice for the pre-party.  I had a BLAST!

On to the show...BoH's ROCKED!  I had seem them once before and I am a huge fan; but that being said, i thought they killed it!

I was very discouraged by the first first few songs of the MMJ set...Not that they were played bad, i actually think that every tune was a stellar version.  I just expected something different than the cookie cutter setlist.

However, starting around Wonderful and on; was AWESOME.  Amazing to hear Bermuda Highway (played that one on the guitar and sang my son to sleep with it every night when he was a baby) it was the first time i heard it live.  Even One Big Holiday, i like the song i just don't like the predictability of it.  They rocked that song so hard i think my neck still hurts from my santa hat power stance!

Its a shame that Peafunk and I along with the wives were out of the country when they released the show and opened roll call.  Our seats were kinda shitty and the sound wasnt great.  PLus we missed rocking with you guys down in the front.  Rant over!  All in all a great show and an AMAZING time hanging out with everyone.  Can't wait till we get together again.
Flip Flip Flipadelphia

NoVa_NoLa

Love this!!  Just made it my wallpaper.   :)  Thanks!

lil sis

The two santa hats to the right of Headhunter is ynwa and myself  :)
"There's still time for you to change your mind or whatever else you do."

lil sis

Quote from: Fully on Dec 18, 2011, 06:06 PM
Ruckus should be right beside me and behind JohnYYac.Also, the two santa hats beside Headhunter should be Lil Sis and her sister. Plus the infamous girl from Seattle is on his other side in the mouse? hat. Oh, and Mr. Whippy is right in front of me.
Good call and so nice meeting you!  Hope to see you at a show again!
"There's still time for you to change your mind or whatever else you do."

ALady

Quote from: johnnYYac on Dec 17, 2011, 12:02 PM
My Morning Jacket @ MSG: December 14, 2011

Hey, I'm in the lower right corner of the first pic in this one   :)

Quote from: ericm on Dec 15, 2011, 08:59 PM
In my memories of all the shows, the smiling faces are always at the top of the list. Great that we got to see SO MANY last night. :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Quote from: bluesky on Dec 18, 2011, 07:31 PM
Great to meet you Fully! Happiness is having Ky, Maggie and Crispy all together again at a show! Steam Engine just made me cry, but I love MMJ's music as much for that as I do for how it makes me rock out!

So much agreement with both these statements.  I love and miss all you guys, and it was so good to be back in New York with all of you again.  I only wish we'd had more time to hang out!

Quote from: Northern Neighbour on Dec 15, 2011, 01:03 PM
Anyone's ears still ringing from last night?

Don't mean to single you out NN...but this sentiment was posted a couple times over.  Ringing ears is a precursor to permanent hearing loss.  MMJ family, please, PLEASE start wearing earplugs, if you enjoy music at all and want to keep hearing it!
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

NoVa_NoLa

Ear plugs are a must...just ordered another pair of these for a whopping $13 to keep in the car...you never know when a show might happen.   ;)

http://www.amazon.com/Etymotic-Research-Protection-Earplugs-Standard/dp/B0044DEESS/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1324410268&sr=8-3-fkmr0

Sassbox

Thanking the heavens above I found my baby blues in time for the show...my regular Etymotics had gone through the washer and dryer a week or two earlier. I don't know how y'all do it without 'em. Damned kids.  ;)
God sure baked a lot of fruitcake, baby.

ALady

Sha, I use those Etymotics too.  They come in a cool little case...you can keep them on your keychain in case of UNEXPECTED RAWK!   :beer:

If you are worried about not being able to hear the nuances of the music, these really don't mess with the sound quality at all like foam earplugs do...they just turn down the volume a bit.  I recommend.   :thumbsup:
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Tired Eyes

Quote from: Fully on Dec 17, 2011, 06:42 PM
QuoteAlso, I'm still on a high from this show. It was so worth all the effort it took for me to be able to go to it. I still can't tell all of you that I've met (and unfortunately, I've forgotten forum names for some of you that I talked to - particularly the guy that I stood in line with and we talked about Drive By Truckers coming to Nashville) how great a group y'all are. So welcoming and friendly. I have to admit that traveling so far by myself was so much more fun because of all of you. Thanks, so very much. You are all have great generous hearts and I'll go see a show with any of you any day of the week.
I had a great time too...both at Stout and MSG.  It was great to meet you Fully and others too such as Crispy, MrWhippy, manonthemoon & his wife (my rail neighbors in front of Carl) and Sassbox (she and I have mutual friends as it turns out).  Great to see many follks again such as Peanut and the rest of the Philly crew, Trish & Bob, Brooke, Ruckus, Steam Engine, ALady, lil sis, Val, johnnYYac, Kydiddle, headhunter, and Penny Lane.  One funny moment was at Stout when Penny (ever making sure that folks meet at gatherings like this) asked Ky and I if we knew each other.  We looked at each other and concluded that after T5, T5 reunion, Hangout, and Philly, we would answer Penny in the affirmative.   ;D
It was my first time on the rail for MMJ and was quite an experience.  I hope to be there again at a future show. 

NoVa_NoLa

Quote from: Sassbox on Dec 20, 2011, 03:12 PM
Thanking the heavens above I found my baby blues in time for the show...my regular Etymotics had gone through the washer and dryer a week or two earlier. I don't know how y'all do it without 'em. Damned kids.  ;)

Quote from: ALady on Dec 20, 2011, 03:33 PM
Sha, I use those Etymotics too.  They come in a cool little case...you can keep them on your keychain in case of UNEXPECTED RAWK!   :beer:

If you are worried about not being able to hear the nuances of the music, these really don't mess with the sound quality at all like foam earplugs do...they just turn down the volume a bit.  I recommend.   :thumbsup:

Great minds and ears think and listen alike?  :)

Penny Lane

LOL sorry Bill, I forget sometimes who knows who from what shows and when...!
glad you enjoyed the Rail!

See you and Mr. Whippy in DC!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

NoVa_NoLa

Listening to this show again now for the first time and I am so, so glad that I went.  Was worth every bit of the travel and expense...I got so much more back in return...you guys and this band rock!  :beer:   :dankk2:

MrWhippy

Quote from: Penny Lane on Dec 21, 2011, 12:54 PM

LOL sorry Bill, I forget sometimes who knows who from what shows and when...!
glad you enjoyed the Rail!

See you and Mr. Whippy in DC!

Yes you will!  Very nice to have met you both, and I'm looking forward to seeing you both for the DBT extravaganza.

Regarding the MSG photo, I see the top half of my head between Johnny and Fully's outstretched green arm!
My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

manonthemoon

We had a great time at the show and at Stout.  It was great seeing Ruckus, Ghost, Jordan, etc. again and meeting the rest of you guys Bill (hope you enjoy the Overkill show you had tix for and it was great sharing the rail with you), Mr.Whippy, Pennylane, Crispy, thesteamengine, etc.  All I can say is its finally nice to have feeling in my legs, throat, and ears for a change as it was rough for a few days after that show.  I really thought it was a really solid set, would of loved some rarities thrown in, but was happy none the less.  Now I just can't wait for the next one.
Alive or Just Breathing