Not everyone In arizona Supports the Immigration bill!!!

Started by gahry22, Sep 20, 2011, 09:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

youreveningcoat

Yeah NZ is pretty lax on immigration and there's a lot of benefits (and friendly people) so I think that's why it's so easy to fit in here.  And you're not wrong about the haka, there's about 3.  The one on your video is more common and was the one used for centuries, the one on my video was first used a couple of years ago but it was quite controversial because of the throat cutting action at the end (which when they first performed this was quite intense, but they seemed to not emphasize so much on the throat cutting now). Personally I think this one is better.  And 3rdly there is the haka performed by the NZ Maori rugby team which is quite awesome.  But there are thousands of hakas around just those ones are used in rugby.

Thread Hijack! :P
Do not spray into eyes, I have sprayed you into my eyes

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

blucas

A multi-national, full circle, thread hijack...that is good stuff.   8)

How can MMJ top the Thai influenced HOTBM...maybe a Maori Haka based tune.  Patrick, in all of his burly, hairy gloriousness would be a perfect leader of the chant! 

Buster, I'd walk on glass from Phoenix to see MMJ in Vancouver.  That is one of my most favorite places in the world.
soft and warm all the time make you want it over and over

gahry22

Wow, I am glad this whole thread turned into a productive and respectful multi-national discussion. To e_wind, you make a really good point. I sometimes forget what a kick-ass band has to go through day after day after day to appease all of us fans. Thank you for reminding me of that.  Things are tough all over and everyone has to make sacrifices even when it might appear unfair sometimes. Selflessness is an honorable virtue that we could all learn from. I'll never stop hoping for a show in Arizona, but I get it. And I'll hopefully be on my way out of here soon to catch one. Some places just need a slow slow tune more than others sometimes.

Sadly, I just read in the news yesterday that Alabama supposedly passed an even harsher Immigration law than Arizona. I'm not entirely familiar with what it entails so I would suggest everyone take a look into it. It is a difficult debate. There are pluses and minuses to both sides of every argument, thats just the way it is. Perception is funny like that. However, we cannot loose our humanity and dignity during our struggles. And we don't have the right to strip others' of theirs. We are all brothers and sister connected by that one cave man and woman back in the day that fought a saber-toothed tiger and won. Rock Peace & Roll everyone! :thumbsup:

Alabama Wins in Ruling on Its Immigration Law:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/29/us/alabama-immigration-law-upheld.html?_r=1&ref=us&gwh=A82746F33D523B7D4B5A9D044E83A0D6

Another Interesting debate, Jobs vs. Environment:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/29/us/rancor-grows-over-planned-oil-pipeline-from-canada.html?ref=us&gwh=8F145A414887A12B4C5A236DE97028D7

e_wind

don't worry we've all be there. just tonight pearl jam released additional PJ20 screenings and I checked and said out loud "why does pearl jam hate us?"
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

blucas

It just dawned on me that (if we are fortunate enough that they ever reconvene) Monsters of Folk won't come here either...drats!!!

Their 2009 show got me through a rare year without an MMJ show.

youreveningcoat

New Zealands credit rating got downgraded yesterday :(
Do not spray into eyes, I have sprayed you into my eyes

blucas

:D :D Well, well, well...it is official!!  Arizona just righted a great wrong by recalling state senator russell pearce, the author of the controversial racial profiling immigration bill SB 1070.   :D :D

Note to My Morning Jacket...I have happily traveled out of state to see you 3 times while you missed our state because in support of soundstrike (and the upcoming show at the Gibson Amphitheatre will make a 4th) and I support and believe in the reason for your boycott.  I am hopeful for your return to AZ in celebration...how bout a Xmas Eve show??? 

...now if we can only get rid of our governor...

Ruckus

Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head