Main Menu

Snowtober

Started by johnnYYac, Oct 30, 2011, 01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnYYac

21.5 inches in my lil town of Hillsboro.  31.5 " in nearby Jaffrey.  The drive home from Hartford was white-knuckle, 15 mph for over an hour.  Looks nice this morning, though.

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

lil sis

Wow. And I thought north jersey got hit bad considering it's October. No power or heat here & have to move tomorrow. Weh.
"There's still time for you to change your mind or whatever else you do."

mjk73

Y'all can keep that nasty stuff. 65ish here and windy. I'd rather not have to deal with winter.

Jaimoe

Driving in snowy weather isn't very difficult, as long as you don't treat the roads like normal spring/summer conditions. Slow down folks. I think this kind of fluke unseasonal weather won't be too flukey from this point onwards. And I'll advise that you may want to invest in winter tires at some point, or at least all-weathers. They will indeed come in handy. I finally bought my first set last year and I'm glad I did.

johnnYYac

Quote from: Jaimoe on Oct 30, 2011, 05:13 PM
Driving in snowy weather isn't very difficult, as long as you don't treat the roads like normal spring/summer conditions. Slow down folks. I think this kind of fluke unseasonal weather won't be too flukey from this point onwards. And I'll advise that you may want to invest in winter tires at some point, or at least all-weathers. They will indeed come in handy. I finally bought my first set last year and I'm glad I did.
I agree with you on the speed.  Everyone going off the road or stuck was going too fast, tires spinning, or unable to slow down.  I drive a Subaru Forester, but the tires need replacing and I didn't think I'd need to worry about snow and ice for a few more weeks.  Despite low tread, I was driving past and around a lot of folks.  I LOVE my Subaru!!!
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Jaimoe

Quote from: johnnYYac on Oct 30, 2011, 06:31 PM
Quote from: Jaimoe on Oct 30, 2011, 05:13 PM
I agree with you on the speed.  Everyone going off the road or stuck was going too fast, tires spinning, or unable to slow down.  I drive a Subaru Forester, but the tires need replacing and I didn't think I'd need to worry about snow and ice for a few more weeks.  Despite low tread, I was driving past and around a lot of folks.  I LOVE my Subaru!!!

And you don't get winter driving lessons in warmer climates, and it doesn't help that young people love to speed and think they'll never die.

Fully

Lovely picture, John. We never get that much snow around here in Tennessee. The ice is what gets us.

ericm

Quote from: johnnYYac on Oct 30, 2011, 01:56 PM
21.5 inches in my lil town of Hillsboro.  31.5 " in nearby Jaffrey.  The drive home from Hartford was white-knuckle, 15 mph for over an hour.  Looks nice this morning, though.

Damn John!!

Hope you've got a plow, or at least a snowblower for that long-ass driveway of your's. ;)
"Where's Jim going?"

headhunter

Looks very pretty John.  Too bad it wasn't on a Monday to give you a snowday.
was some shakin' and some record playin'

woodnymph

Quote from: johnnYYac on Oct 30, 2011, 06:31 PMDespite low tread, I was driving past and around a lot of folks.  I LOVE my Subaru!!!

Hecks yeah, JY!!  Gotta love 'em!!   :thumbsup:
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time