Christmas iTunes Session Track List

Started by buymycar, Dec 06, 2011, 12:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

youreveningcoat

I'm pretty pissed at the moment because when i tried to purchase this it said it was not available in my country...  :'(
Do not spray into eyes, I have sprayed you into my eyes

SaraBananaBear

Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

ralph

Quote from: youreveningcoat on Dec 07, 2011, 02:57 AM
I'm pretty pissed at the moment because when i tried to purchase this it said it was not available in my country...  :'(

Check again, it's hit the Aussie iTunes store...

I was also tempted to pick up Good Intentions for $2.19! Bargain...
At my house, we call them uh-ohs.

lil sis

Just the thing to put me in the holiday spirit!  I feel so spoiled by mmj this year.  This and one week until MSG.  What a great week of music!
"There's still time for you to change your mind or whatever else you do."

gardenparty

i'm thinking the one thing this EP is missing is a little Carl sax work

youreveningcoat

Quote from: ralph on Dec 07, 2011, 05:53 PM
Quote from: youreveningcoat on Dec 07, 2011, 02:57 AM

Check again, it's hit the Aussie iTunes store...

I was also tempted to pick up Good Intentions for $2.19! Bargain...

Downloading now, thanks Ralph :)

jahabe08

You're in for a treat. I am listening to it now.

youreveningcoat

'Christmas must be tonight' is probably my favourite on the ep.  'Welcome Home' to :)

Nikkogino

Quote from: youreveningcoat on Dec 08, 2011, 02:26 AM
'Christmas must be tonight' is probably my favourite on the ep.  'Welcome Home' to :)

I agree..."Christmas Must Be Tonight" is freaking great.

BH

1.  I'll Be Home For Christmas (featuring The Head and The Heart)
written by by Kim Gannon, Walter Kent, and Buck Ram
First recorded by Bing Crosby

2.  Welcome Home
written by My Morning Jacket?

3.  Please Come Home For Christmas
written by Charles Brown and Gene Redd

4.  Christmas Must Be Tonight
written by Robbie Robertson (The Band)

5.  Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
written by Hugh Martin and Ralph Blane
first performed by Judy Garland for the musical Meet Me In St. Louis

6.  Wonderful
written by My Morning Jacket

7.  When The Bells Start Ringing (featuring The Head and The Heart)
?.?.?.?.?.?   Help
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Running Oz

Rocky Roberts, Neil Young's guitar tech penned the very fine Christmas tune "When the Bells Start Ringing".

http://www.spin.com/articles/download-my-morning-jackets-twangy-holiday-single
Is there a Doctor in the house tonight?
Waterfront Park '08, KFC Yum Center '10, The Palace '11

BH

Quote from: Running Oz on Dec 08, 2011, 02:46 PM
Rocky Roberts, Neil Young's guitar tech penned the very fine Christmas tune "When the Bells Start Ringing".

Sweet, thanks!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

woodnymph

Quote from: Running Oz on Dec 08, 2011, 02:46 PM

THIS SONG!!!!!!

"How I long, to see the pine trees.... all covered, in snowwww
In my Blue Ridge Mountain home........

I feel like it's my own personal xmas song... since I won't be home home, in PA this year, for the first time.  But I'm in my Blue Ridge Mountain home for the time being

Thanks to the Dude & his awesome wife for this amazing beautiful gift!!!!  Love every single song!!!!  Makes me miss you guys even more, though!!   :-* :-* 

Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

GO4IT

5 days since the last post on their new X-Mas EP just 5 days before X-Mas?!?  Really?

These tunes are giving me a needed boost and escape tonight while stringing the lights on my tree during a difficult time for our family.

I'm a sucker for the pedal steel and Carl comes through big time on almost all of these tunes.  Christmas Must Be Tonight and Welcome Home are particularly sweet.

woodnymph

I just burned a copy for my Mum, she always likes the MMJ I give her!  What a fantastic album.... definitely getting me pumped for Xmas :-D  I usually start getting excited the week of, so here goes!  :)
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

johnnYYac

Quote from: GO4IT on Dec 20, 2011, 09:51 PM
5 days since the last post on their new X-Mas EP just 5 days before X-Mas?!?  Really?

These tunes are giving me a needed boost and escape tonight while stringing the lights on my tree during a difficult time for our family.

I'm a sucker for the pedal steel and Carl comes through big time on almost all of these tunes.  Christmas Must Be Tonight and Welcome Home are particularly sweet.
I hope everything is okay, Rob.  Music can be great therapy.  Happy holidays!
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

GO4IT

Quote from: johnnYYac on Dec 20, 2011, 10:37 PM
Quote from: GO4IT on Dec 20, 2011, 09:51 PM

I hope everything is okay, Rob.  Music can be great therapy.  Happy holidays!
Happy Holidays to you and your family, as well, Johnny.
I'm so glad that you and the rest of the forum faithful had such a great time and a great show at MSG.
You might have seen that BrooklynVegan's coverage of the show featured, as their last image, the real time posts I was making of the MSG show from the texts I was getting from NN on the rail (this was totally spontaneous).  Oddly, the same website had me in the first image of the 2008 NYE show standing near the rail next to a guy in 2009 glasses.  Bookends on the MSG shows, I suppose.

lucylew

I am in love with this EP.  I must have listened to it 5 time today.  It was a good day!

touchingmept2

Good grief! I can't get enough of this album! ::)
I'm diggin' Jim's voice, and also the rendition of WONDERFUL! :thumbsup: Seems like they took into account the ahem, critics, ahem, claims that Wonderful was Golden number two. The Head and the Heart add to the greatness!
The time is near, to come forward with whatever killed your spark.