Found a Store Doing "Friends Again" 7"!!!

Started by stuckinutero, Dec 06, 2011, 06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

subinai

Quote from: e_wind on Dec 10, 2011, 11:54 AM

second, is this the first song that has been officially released live only? I can't think of any other ones off the top of my head...

Dear Wife... depending on if you count the iTunes Live at The Palms EP as a "Live" release.

Brother Beck

Just ordered mine from Vintage Vinyl.  I am glad they come with a download card because I have no way to play vinyl - I just had to buy it to support the guys.  I cannot wait to hear this.

Im The Dude

Quote from: Brother Beck on Dec 12, 2011, 01:00 AM
Just ordered mine from Vintage Vinyl.  I am glad they come with a download card because I have no way to play vinyl - I just had to buy it to support the guys.  I cannot wait to hear this.

If you're thinking about going towards listening to vinyl I recommend some options on amazon.com. I got a nice set up for around $150. It is a great way to enjoy your favorite music.
7/9/03 6/8/04 10/4/08 5/2/10 8/27/10 10/18--10/23/10(T5) 8/10/11 8/12/11

danz

Jealous you guys got it already.  I'm still hoping I can find a local source...

hiphopopotamus

Picked up a copy today (for only $5.24) - my download code was missing

dylanquirt

Anyone out there have a mp3 of it i can listen to before i get my actual album in the mail ? dying to hear a studio version of this

Beat Poet

Can anybody suggest somewhere to order it from in the UK? All the shops I've looked at at http://www.recordstoreday.com/Venues?country=United+Kingdom&venue= don't list it.
Need live drum tracks? Visit [url="http://www.drumtracksdirect.co.uk"]http://www.drumtracksdirect.co.uk[/url]

eleaf14

Just snagged a copy. Looks like the mp3 code isnt setup yet.

So for those who have listened is the crowd drowned out like Dear Wife?

johnnYYac

Quote from: dylanquirt on Dec 13, 2011, 12:45 PM
Anyone out there have a mp3 of it i can listen to before i get my actual album in the mail ? dying to hear a studio version of this
If you're referring to Friends Again, I'm almost certain this version on the 7" came from the live performance on the last night of the Terminal 5 shows last October.  You can hear the outro from Circuital, played just before, and some crowd noise.  Its definitely a live version.  I was hoping for a studio version, as well.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

danz

Quote from: danz on Dec 12, 2011, 12:06 PM
Jealous you guys got it already.  I'm still hoping I can find a local source...

Amoeba got em this morning 8)

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: eleaf14 on Dec 13, 2011, 02:12 PM
Just snagged a copy. Looks like the mp3 code isnt setup yet.

So for those who have listened is the crowd drowned out like Dear Wife?

You can hear the crowd. Also, Dear Wife didn't have an audience, it was recorded live in studio at the palms.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

ChiefOKONO

Nikkogino

Quote from: johnnYYac on Dec 13, 2011, 02:21 PM
If you're referring to Friends Again, I'm almost certain this version on the 7" came from the live performance on the last night of the Terminal 5 shows last October.  You can hear the outro from Circuital, played just before, and some crowd noise.  Its definitely a live version.  I was hoping for a studio version, as well.

What??? Its a live version?  Damn, I was getting all excited....I wanted a studio version.  We have all heard a live version 99 times.

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: subinai on Dec 10, 2011, 01:06 PM
Quote from: e_wind on Dec 10, 2011, 11:54 AM

second, is this the first song that has been officially released live only? I can't think of any other ones off the top of my head...

Dear Wife... depending on if you count the iTunes Live at The Palms EP as a "Live" release.

Lil' Billy.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Nikkogino

Quote from: Nikkogino on Dec 13, 2011, 05:45 PM
Quote from: johnnYYac on Dec 13, 2011, 02:21 PM

What??? Its a live version?  Damn, I was getting all excited....I wanted a studio version.  We have all heard a live version 99 times.

Never mind....sorry for being a bitch.  This live version sounds great.

Brother Beck

Nikkogino, I understand where you're coming from - I was disappointed at first too when I found out it was a live version.  I was really looking forward to having a studio version of "Friends Again".  I have been since I first saw the grainy, low quality videos of them playing it way back when they were working on the new album that would be Circuital.  And then when it came out and "Friends Again" wasn't on it I was bummed.  As someone who enjoyed Circuital a lot but felt it was missing something, when I heard about this release I thought I was finally getting it.

All of that being said, this live version is absolutely killer.  It sounds amazing and, while you can hear the audience, it is a great recording where you can clearly hear the band and the various instruments, and the sound of the audience doesn't interfere with the song at all.  At least not in my opinion.  They are just kind of there softly at the beginning and end of the song.  It is so much better than the decent-quality recording I previously had that it's not even funny.  And I am only talking about the MP3 download that comes with this thing, I don't even have a way to play vinyl yet.  I can only imagine how glorious the vinyl sounds.       

Jellyfish

I got mine today shipped from the Looney Tunes store.They really did a good job shipping out same day like they said they would.It's a very nice collectors item and didn't mind paying the shipping cause there's not an indie record store within miles from here.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

jones

I am pretty much a n00b when it comes to vinyl, but how warped is too warped?  As it revolves there is a petty good gap between the record and the slip mat.  My copy plays just fine, but the arm is definitely bobbing to the music...

vespachick

Does anyone know how many were in this pressing? 

I'm just wondering how "limited" this record is.  I picked up a couple from my local indie store, finally, and there are 4 or 5 left over there. 

I have the impression it's a number bigger than one might expect for something called "limited".
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

danz

Quote from: vespachick on Dec 20, 2011, 11:53 AM
Does anyone know how many were in this pressing? 

I'm very curious as well.

If anyone is still looking for a copy, pm me