New Years Resolutions

Started by el_chode, Dec 20, 2011, 08:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnYYac

Well, I maxed at 270 lbs. around New Years, based on my home scale and an early morning weigh in.  This morning, 258.5! 

However, the "official" weigh in at work for a friendly "biggest loser" competion, Tuesdays at noon, has me at 264.8 two weeks running.  I guess its just too early to tell, but I seem to have cut about 7000 calories a week in food intake and added exercise, so there's that... to be continued.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

bluesky

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jan 20, 2012, 08:33 AM
Well, I maxed at 270 lbs. around New Years, based on my home scale and an early morning weigh in.  This morning, 258.5! 

However, the "official" weigh in at work for a friendly "biggest loser" competion, Tuesdays at noon, has me at 264.8 two weeks running.  I guess its just too early to tell, but I seem to have cut about 7000 calories a week in food intake and added exercise, so there's that... to be continued.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Fully

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jan 20, 2012, 08:33 AM

That's great! Keep it up. I bet you are starting to already have more energy!

megalicious

Woot! Way to go, dude!
:thumbsup:

My resolution was to eat more local, organic food. So far, so good (minus my recent trip to Gatlinburg where I ate all the candy within city limits).
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

Penny Lane

Congrats JYac! Keep it up!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Ruckus

For sure keep it up and good luck!  Will Kyle give you a poster if you weigh less than him?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Fully

Quote from: megalicious on Jan 20, 2012, 09:40 AM
Woot! Way to go, dude!
:thumbsup:

My resolution was to eat more local, organic food. So far, so good (minus my recent trip to Gatlinburg where I ate all the candy within city limits).

I'm pretty sure that in Gatlinburg candy is considered local and organic so you're still good.

megalicious

I bought some moonshine, too. It was apple-pie flavored.
:beer:
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

mahg33ta

Quote from: Ruckus on Jan 20, 2012, 11:12 AM
For sure keep it up and good luck!  Will Kyle give you a poster if you weigh less than him?

I am sitting at my desk eating lunch and this made me LOL  :thumbsup:  thanks!

I am blessed with skinny genes, but I am woefully out of shape.   I think it's fair to say that for the past, say, 10-12 years, I've ended each year in worse shape than when I began it.   My new year's resolution is to change that.   So I'm trying to exercise 3x a week and so far so good but I realize this is only week 3!   

ALady

if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

johnnYYac

Quote from: mahg33ta on Jan 20, 2012, 12:08 PM
Quote from: Ruckus on Jan 20, 2012, 11:12 AM

I am sitting at my desk eating lunch and this made me LOL  :thumbsup:  thanks!

I am blessed with skinny genes, but I am woefully out of shape.   I think it's fair to say that for the past, say, 10-12 years, I've ended each year in worse shape than when I began it.   My new year's resolution is to change that.   So I'm trying to exercise 3x a week and so far so good but I realize this is only week 3!
Good for you!  I assume that, if I were to weigh less than you, you'd be keeping that poster as I'd be 6 feet under.  My goal is 220.  But the energy is getting better, as is all that goes with it.  ;) 
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Fully

Quote from: megalicious on Jan 20, 2012, 12:04 PM

Ok, Meg, moonshine is just nasty. Although apple-pie flavored may be much better than the corn cob flavored that I have had from my local bootlegger.

Taterbug

Quote from: Fully on Jan 20, 2012, 02:06 PM
Quote from: megalicious on Jan 20, 2012, 12:04 PM

Ok, Meg, moonshine is just nasty. Although apple-pie flavored may be much better than the corn cob flavored that I have had from my local bootlegger.

Apple Pie is friggin awesome.  I was at a motorcycle rally / party in Iowa last summer and my brothers girlfriend won a jug of it playing the wiener biting contest ( not what you think, go to the kink thread for that  ). The contest consists of  women riding on the back of a motorcycle and has to bite a hot dog dangling from a string with her hands behind her back.   Anyway, my buddy got so plowed from the apple pie he passed out on his feet and fell over like a tree falling. Thank god he didn't hurt himself.
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe