Sleep No More

Started by WSS2, Jan 18, 2012, 05:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WSS2

Anyone been?  I am going in March.  I am excited for the weirdness!!

ManNamedTruth

Are we all just supposed to know what you're talking about? A little info would be nice.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

WSS2

http://sleepnomorenyc.com/

MMJ went what appear like 2 nights in a row in NYC around the PHJB show

Honestly, all I know is that it's an interactive play...of sorts...that combines MacBeth with Alfred Hitchcock with Stanley Kubrick...honestly, not a ton of info. out there

johnnYYac

Quote from: ManNamedTruth on Jan 18, 2012, 06:07 PM
Are we all just supposed to know what your talking about? A little info would be nice.
An interactive play based on Macbeth or other Shakespeare works.  The audience wears masks and follows a character through an old hotel.  The boys in MMJ were raving about it nonstop on Twitter the night before the Preservation Hall show at Carnegie.

Sleep No More

NY Time review

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

WSS2

Listening to the reviews on youtube.......it sounds insane

ManNamedTruth

Sounds cool, I'm a fan of Hitchcock and Kubrick but never got into Shakespear.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

MarkW

Jim and the guys enjoyed it, going by their tweets.
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

WSS2

The show has been killing it....sold out every single night of the week and both shows (2 shows on weekends).  So gist is, it's a 100 room 'hotel', you can't see everything while you're there because everything occurs simultaneously, and there files and cabinets you can explore, secret rooms, and all sorts of other craziness.  Watch some of the youtube reviews, it sounds unlike anything else.  Any NYCers or locals should definitely consider it, they extended it an additional 2 weeks but it's hard to tell when it will officially end.

Ghosts_on_TV

Got Tix for February 25th, pretty pumped.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

WSS2

awesome, let me know how it goes -- locked in for March 10th with a big group

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: WSS2 on Feb 02, 2012, 12:53 PM
awesome, let me know how it goes -- locked in for March 10th with a big group

Will do. I expect weirdness. All of the reviews I've read say to not expect to stay with the people you come with. I'm worried my girl will have a panic attack if we get split up, Haha.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...