Newport Folk Festival 2012: July 28 & July 29

Started by mahg33ta, Feb 02, 2012, 10:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheThird

Has anyone heard anything about M. Ward possibly stopping by for a collaboration of some sorts? Maybe a Monsters of Folk reunion?
[url="http://www.discogs.com/user/TheThird/collection"]http://www.discogs.com/user/TheThird/collection[/url]

marino13

Quote from: TheThird on Apr 10, 2012, 05:48 PM
Has anyone heard anything about M. Ward possibly stopping by for a collaboration of some sorts? Maybe a Monsters of Folk reunion?

"He said M Ward couldn't officially be at the fest but he's about 99% sure he is flying in and coming to sit in...and that means a possible MOF reunion during Conors set.   He said M had a blast last year and loved the fest and def wants to be back but there were a few stipulations about acts who played last year playing again...at least the bigger ones."

That came from another thread.  Looking good!!

mahg33ta

Quote from: marino13 on Apr 10, 2012, 04:29 PM
Quote from: headhunter on Apr 10, 2012, 10:37 AM
I've been going to the Newport Folk Fest off and on for 20 years.

This is hands-down the BEST lineup ever!!  Wilco at the fort on a Friday night before the fun starts on Sat & Sunday.    Wow, this one is really gonna be special.

Will need a vacation when it is over.

Do you know when the schedule typically comes out?  So many acts I want to see, I'm dreading the inevitable overlap.

Yeah, the conflicts are going to be painful.   You are only going to be able to see 1/3 of the show and I want to see most of them.

bold992006

the quote below is from me and I heard that directly from the the guy who puts Folk Fest together...the producer of the fest.  I think there is a good chance considering how much M Ward loved the fest last year (he was there even the day he didn't play).   Just depends on his schedule I guess.

bold992006

BTW the Wilco show is with Blitzen Trapper and Megafaun also....insane.

johnnYYac

Quote from: bold992006 on Apr 11, 2012, 12:53 AM

the quote below is from me and I heard that directly from the the guy who puts Folk Fest together...the producer of the fest.  I think there is a good chance considering how much M Ward loved the fest last year (he was there even the day he didn't play).   Just depends on his schedule I guess.
Well, he returns from Europe at the end of June and has no shows scheduled in July, so...
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

headhunter

got my tix for the Wilco show Friday night in Newport.  What a weekend this will be.

Can't believe I will get to see Wilco & MMJ on back to back nights TWICE  this summer.

Life is good.
was some shakin' and some record playin'

Jahmazed

Quote from: headhunter on Apr 11, 2012, 11:24 AM
got my tix for the Wilco show Friday night in Newport.  What a weekend this will be.

Can't believe I will get to see Wilco & MMJ on back to back nights TWICE  this summer.

Life is good.

My sentiments exactly and I'm not even getting the twice part!

smhoffmann02

Quote from: Jahmazed on Apr 12, 2012, 10:20 AM

Life is good.

My sentiments exactly and I'm not even getting the twice part!

So jealous.  Why, why, why can't something like this be on the left coast?!?!  >:(
Give me a butt load of reverb on this one - just pile it on.

mahg33ta

Life is good.

within a month no less!   July will be the best live music month ever for me I hope.

Dillsnufus

Gazziza My Dillsnufus

bold992006

for those of you who haven't been to Newport here is a great little documentary about last years fest...check it out.

Newport Folk Festival ~ 2011 on Vimeo

APR

I've been listening to Blind Pilot these days, and they sound great.  Looking forward to finding out who is going to be playing when.