The Heartless Bastards

Started by he.who.forgets, Feb 19, 2012, 04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjk73

It is a great record. I know nothing about them. is the rest of their albums like the latest?

Penny Lane

Quote from: mjk73 on Apr 04, 2012, 02:57 PM
It is a great record. I know nothing about them. is the rest of their albums like the latest?

This new album and The Mountain are must haves!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

bold992006

All This Time is great too.  The new one is hands down the best though.  Go see them live..they are incredible.  One of my favorite shows this year so far.

ManNamedTruth

That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

he.who.forgets

Quote from: bold992006 on Apr 04, 2012, 09:26 PM
All This Time is great too.  The new one is hands down the best though.  Go see them live..they are incredible.  One of my favorite shows this year so far.
As well as Stairs and Elevators.  I think all of their releases are solid.

br00ke

i got on the wagon a little too late and missed their show here in february but oh.mah.gawd., i am so so so in love with the new album. her voice kills me in the best way possible  :thumbsup:

Fully

I've been listening to this a lot this weekend. I have to say that I love her voice too. The entire album is fantastic. I don't think there's one song I don't like.

However, I've been playing this while my class works in groups and I am disappointed to report that they hate them. High school kids only like rap and Nickelback from what I've seen though.

smhoffmann02

Only For You - I can't help myself from replaying it.  MBE stream is getting me through the day!
Give me a butt load of reverb on this one - just pile it on.

johnnYYac

Heartless Bastards tonight with mahg33tah. It was what I expected. I love their albums and they were fucking great!  Futurebirds,too.

Erika, my dear...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Fully

Did you stay to hang at the dance club.

mahg33ta

very enjoyable.   She is a good frontwoman- great presence and voice.   easy on the eyes too.

I had no desire to fight for the rail but the place was only 1/2 full, so Yac and I kinda claimed it by default.   Yac being the gentleman he was, he gave up the rail towards the end to a couple behind him who were more enthusiastic than he.   I think he couldn't handle being 18" from Erica for that long.

We did not stay for the dance club.   Boy would we have not fit in.

Fully

I've always thought you and Yac could fit in anywhere. I'm excited for next Friday!

Fully

Saw them this past Friday night. Really enjoyed the show.  Her voice really is amazing. A little disappointed by the lack of stage presence. She can use a little more personality as a frontwoman. Nonetheless, her voice is a force of nature. Totally enjoyed the show. Maybe too much. Got home and couldn't sleep. Thank goodness there were others awake who would put up with my rambling for awhile before I wound down.  :beer: You know who you are.