Main Menu

Record Store Day

Started by TheThird, Feb 29, 2012, 06:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Im The Dude

Quote from: johnnYYac on Apr 25, 2012, 09:49 AM
Quote from: searchinbig on Apr 25, 2012, 09:44 AM
Quote from: BH on Apr 25, 2012, 09:28 AM
No digital download on the New Multitudes?   If anyone has one of those mp3 record players can you hook me up?

PM sent
Me also please!  I have the 10".  No downloads for the three Unc Tup albums either.  Forced me to enter the dark alley of the interweb.

Me also please!
7/9/03 6/8/04 10/4/08 5/2/10 8/27/10 10/18--10/23/10(T5) 8/10/11 8/12/11

johnnYYac

So, I can't play one of the two Heady Fwends discs from FLIPS!  It's outer edge is rubbing against the tone arm support base.  I'm thinking about sanding that one edge, but the idea of sandpaper within 20 feet of a vinyl LP makes my skin crawl.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

headhunter

John-
Sandpaper and lps is like having  Justin Bieber as a warm up for MMJ.
The micro-dust particles would get in the grooves of the lp and you are done for good.

Is one lp so much larger than the other?  My two discs play fine (although i don't know if i love the record yet- some good stuff, some just freakin' weird).

PM me and maybe I can help w some suggestions.
was some shakin' and some record playin'

johnnYYac

Quote from: headhunter on Apr 25, 2012, 04:24 PM
John-
The micro-dust particles would get in the grooves of the lp and you are done for good.

Is one lp so much larger than the other?  My two discs play fine (although i don't know if i love the record yet- some good stuff, some just freakin' weird).

Yeah, the first LP was larger than the second, by just enough that it rubbed against the tone arm support. 

Problem resolved, didn't use sandpaper (I was kinda kidding about that), but won't admit how I fixed it.  Its playing okay, no dust, no damage. 

Think I'll wait until tomorrow to give it a proper listen, though.  Its a bit too weird for the family.  Not sure how I feel about the album.  I'm not huge into Flaming Lips and this is the first of their stuff I own.   

e_wind

Quote from: johnnYYac on Apr 25, 2012, 05:16 PM
John-

Yeah, the first LP was larger than the second, by just enough that it rubbed against the tone arm support. 

Problem resolved, didn't use sandpaper (I was kinda kidding about that), but won't admit how I fixed it.  Its playing okay, no dust, no damage. 

Think I'll wait until tomorrow to give it a proper listen, though.  Its a bit too weird for the family.  Not sure how I feel about the album.  I'm not huge into Flaming Lips and this is the first of their stuff I own.   

I can't imagine the new LP is the best first listen for the flips. Check out The Soft Bulliten. Way less weird. Way more awesome.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

johnnYYac

Quote from: e_wind on Apr 25, 2012, 05:27 PM
Quote from: johnnYYac on Apr 25, 2012, 05:16 PM
John-

I can't imagine the new LP is the best first listen for the flips. Check out The Soft Bulliten. Way less weird. Way more awesome.
Thanks for the recommendation, Eric, though I've heard much of their back catalogue and some cool documentary on Netflix.  Perhaps I should have said this is the first FLips that I've purchased.

headhunter

John, I agree with Eric.

This would NOT be a good intro tomthe Lips.  The Soft Bulletin and Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots are my two favorites and MUCh more accessible.  I also reallynlike At War With The Mystics.  Some of their other stuff is just way too weird for me.

I do LOVE their Dark Side of the Moon album.
was some shakin' and some record playin'