Previous topic - Next topic

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: johnnYYac on Apr 01, 2012, 01:29 PM
Quote from: mahg33ta on Apr 01, 2012, 01:17 PM
"It's an older demographic
We're REALLY doing our best to get the younger crowd"

OUCH!!!!!!
Yeah, I was gonna say something but...  :-\

Don't you always strive to target the demographic that's not already into the stuff you're selling/doing, no matter which demographic that is? Or did I get it all wrong?  ???
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

Fully

Quote from: bluesky on Mar 29, 2012, 12:25 PM
Quote from: br00ke on Mar 29, 2012, 10:25 AM
Quote from: Fully on Mar 29, 2012, 07:17 AM
Quote from: bluesky on Mar 29, 2012, 01:41 AM
The mystery is solved, Jim's clothes are dry cleaned!  ::) Thanks for posting Br00ke!

bluesky, you are a wonderful woman. I think we are all relieved to see this - well, the women are. I doubt the men give a shit. Now if we could just explain that freakin' shirt with the torn elbow...

and don't forget the pants with holes. the man likes his outfits the way they are so let him have 'em .. plus, we now know they are dry-cleaned for each show (they gotta be, can you imagine how much he must sweat throughout an entire show .. that's hardworking stuff up on there on stage!!)

Fully did you see Jim wore the torn elbow shirt back stage at MSG. I believe he was hoping to run into you  ;)

He knew where I was.  :bath:

smhoffmann02

Quote from: johnnYYac on Apr 01, 2012, 01:29 PM

OUCH!!!!!!
Yeah, I was gonna say something but...  :-\

Surely he meant wiser, more mature, and appreciative crowd.  ;)
Give me a butt load of reverb on this one - just pile it on.

br00ke

i caught that one but didn't take it as a negative .. i also caught where he said that we are polite (fans)  :thumbsup:

Fully

Quote from: br00ke on Apr 02, 2012, 10:24 AM

i caught that one but didn't take it as a negative .. i also caught where he said that we are polite (fans)  :thumbsup:

I have to admit, that kind of made me wince. I forget that I'm older.  In my  head I'm about 24. Of course, my knees like to remind me that I'm 44 every chance they can!

smhoffmann02

Quote from: Fully on Apr 02, 2012, 12:16 PM

Wait, aren't the 40's the new 20's?  That's what I'm thinking.  ;)

I have to admit, that kind of made me wince. I forget that I'm older.  In my  head I'm about 24. Of course, my knees like to remind me that I'm 44 every chance they can!
Give me a butt load of reverb on this one - just pile it on.

Sassbox

Quote from: Fully on Apr 02, 2012, 12:16 PM

Ha! In my head, I think I'm still 21. And I'm older than you are :(
God sure baked a lot of fruitcake, baby.

scosby2

this is what i love about this band...i am 27 but consider myself one of the "young ones". I say that with nothing but love in my heart for all of you people i have gotten to know over the years. It's not about age, it's the fact that we have all found something in common to love and spend our money on...with each other. My older friends on here are as close to me as the people close to my age I live around. He definitely meant it as a compliment...you all know that one of the main things you love about this band is that you don't have to worry about some little teenager half ass trying to sing along to one big holiday, the only song besides off the record or im amazed that they know. i love this fact...we are all mature and make enough money to travel a pretty good ways to congregate and see this band...i just think if there were teeny boppers all over this place we all would still love the band but it wouldn't be the same...

funny hangout rail story: so most of you know i assumed my spot at 1030 am therefore i saw a whole host of folks try to come up and hang...one girl still stands out to me inparticular...freshman sorority girl from ole miss...she kept talking about how she was on the rail for "mumford" at beale street a couple of weeks earlier, and how hardcore she was and that standing waiting wasn't hard at all...she made it to the first grace potter song...the guards had to lift her over the rail and take her out because of the crowdedness and the heat...once i heard no one died after the show i let out a huge laugh...give her credit though...she lasted one hour, possibly longer than some