Costume Help!

Started by Jon T., Mar 13, 2012, 02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon T.

My wife and I are going to a theme party next weekend where the theme is rock stars.  I'm having a hard time coming up with costume ideas.  Right now the only idea I can come up with is Rick Allen from Def Leppard.  But, I don't want to be offensive.  I don't think that would be but I'm trying to come up with other ideas.  Anybody have any funny/better ideas?  I have a couple friends that are going as LMFAO, which will be pretty tough to beat as I'm sure they'll be spot on.

Taterbug

How bout Lady Gaga,  I think her meat dress is pretty awesome. Hopefully you don't run into any dogs.  Although she doesn't qualify as a rock star.

"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

Jon T.

Haha, I actually thought about that for about one second. 

I'm also thinking about making it abstract.  I thought about the old man on the cover of Led Zep IV.  That would be fairly simple, but I'm not sure many people would "get it".

I know we're doing some kind of karaoke. I think it might be a band, not sure.  Anyway, bonus points if I could karaoke in character.

Taterbug

Here's a few more  Joe Cocker, Ziggy Stardust, David lee Roth, John Popper or the cowbell guy in Blue Oyster Cult ( Will Farrel Character from snl )
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

peafunk31

Homer no function beer well without.

Jon T.

Ooh, Fat Axl has potential!  And you know any self respecting karaoke band's got some GnR in their repertoire.

Thx for the suggestions, guys!

mjk73

Fat Axl is the best choice....and you need like a turkey leg in that hand for the costume to be complete.

peafunk31

Or you could go the super sexy route of Wham! era George Michael  :bath:

BH

A couple I know cross dressed as Sunny and Cher one time.   It was hilarious.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Fully

What do you think that line underneath fat Axl's chin is? Cosmetic surgery scar or just a middle-aged, fat Axl crease? Also, you should definitely go as fat Axl. Bright yellow raincoat should not be that hard to find.

zanjam

I guess I'm dating myself, but last Halloween I fulfilled a lifelong dream and I was the Pinball Wizard.  Not a rock star per se...but Elton John portraying the Pinball Wizard in the Who's Tommy qualifies, I would think.

anything + reverb always = better

zanjam

Real Pinball Wizard for comparison...

mjk73

Quote from: peafunk31 on Mar 13, 2012, 05:21 PM
Or you could go the super sexy route of Wham! era George Michael  :bath:

Is it just me, or does he looked like he pissed himself.

peafunk31

Sometimes you're just too damn sexy for bladder control.

peafunk31

Quote from: zanjam on Mar 13, 2012, 07:18 PM
I guess I'm dating myself, but last Halloween I fulfilled a lifelong dream and I was the Pinball Wizard.  Not a rock star per se...but Elton John portraying the Pinball Wizard in the Who's Tommy qualifies, I would think.

I must admit that's a pretty badass costume :thumbsup:

Jon T.

Great costume zanjam!

MJK- why are you studying GM's cocknballs?

el_chode

You can always zombify yourself and wear a wig and be a dead person rockstar of your choice
I'm surrounded by assholes

Ruckus

Quote from: el_chode on Mar 14, 2012, 06:08 PM
You can always zombify yourself and wear a wig and be a dead person rockstar of your choice
or you can dress as a ghost and be Chode.  Cha Cha Cha!
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Ruckus

Quote from: Jon T. on Mar 14, 2012, 04:47 PM
Great costume zanjam!

MJK- why are you studying GM's cocknballs?
agreed!  You pull off the costume great zanjam :thumbsup:

Speaking of crotches jt , you can be Geddy Lee and your wife could be Lifeson.  That came out just as I intended
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

zanjam

Aw, thanks, guys!  It was fun.  I came *this* close to winning the costume contest at the ALO show.  Damn Smurfs.