Main Menu

Arbouretum

Started by Ruckus, Apr 04, 2012, 12:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fully

I've got to buy this and soon. Do mp3 downloads come with the vinyl.

Jeff Murray

Hoping to make it down for the show on 2/8... weather pending...
Pretty please with peanut butter pudding surprise on top??

Ruckus

Quote from: Fully on Jan 22, 2013, 01:04 PM
I've got to buy this and soon. Do mp3 downloads come with the vinyl.
You get an instant download with the vinyl purchase. 
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Come Closer

I got the vinyl in the mail today. More of the same from Arbouretum, and that's definitely not a bad thing. Solid stuff all the way through.

Ruckus

Quote from: Osistheones on Jan 22, 2013, 05:27 PM

I got the vinyl in the mail today. More of the same from Arbouretum, and that's definitely not a bad thing. Solid stuff all the way through.
Yeah their sound has become pretty consistent since Song of the Pearl. 
I've given this 4 full listens and I think it's great!  The Long Night and Renouncer are OK but after that the album takes off for me.

APR

The more I listen the more I like them.  Their sound is right up my alley.

Fully

I think your alley must be named Awesome Alley cause that's what mine is named too.

Fully

Ruckus

There seems to be some audio issues to start but they get in the groove by he end of White Bird.  Mohammed's Hex is just perfect and St. Anthony's Fire just kills live every time!  Hey Wolof, maybe this version of World Split Open will be more enjoyable than the Ram's Head video.  If you got good speakers or headphones I think it conveys how damn heavy and loud they play in tiny places.

capt. scotty

Bout time I give these guys a proper listen. Like the limited clips that Ive heard. After reading this, I'll commence with The Gathering.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

wolof7

Quote from: Ruckus on Jan 29, 2013, 02:09 PM
There seems to be some audio issues to start but they get in the groove by he end of White Bird.  Mohammed's Hex is just perfect and St. Anthony's Fire just kills live every time!  Hey Wolof, maybe this version of World Split Open will be more enjoyable than the Ram's Head video.  If you got good speakers or headphones I think it conveys how damn heavy and loud they play in tiny places.

I fully agree...Can't stop spinning this album, the music doesn't stray too much from their sound but it certainly sounds tighter to me...the solos standout for each track. great stuff definitely feeling the studio World Split Open and in context of the album I have a better feeling about it altogether.
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

Ruckus

Quote from: wolof7 on Jan 29, 2013, 05:48 PM

I fully agree...Can't stop spinning this album, the music doesn't stray too much from their sound but it certainly sounds tighter to me...the solos standout for each track. great stuff definitely feeling the studio World Split Open and in context of the album I have a better feeling about it altogether.
:grin:I was talking about the live recording that Fully posted but yeah, the album version kills too.  I've already worn this album out with at least 20 full listens.  The best part is I've even gotten the lady to enjoy Oceans Don't Sing.  She loves Arbouretum but hates ballads so that was a small victory for me.

I struggled at first with the 1st two songs but no more.  The album flows great and mellow comedown from the Zone with Coming Out of the Fog is nice.

Seeing 'em tomorrow.  Stoked!

Fully

Quote from: Ruckus on Feb 07, 2013, 10:38 PM

:grin:I was talking about the live recording that Fully posted but yeah, the album version kills too.  I've already worn this album out with at least 20 full listens.  The best part is I've even gotten the lady to enjoy Oceans Don't Sing.  She loves Arbouretum but hates ballads so that was a small victory for me.

I struggled at first with the 1st two songs but no more.  The album flows great and mellow comedown from the Zone with Coming Out of the Fog is nice.

I'm really enjoying it too.  I haven't been able to listen to the vinyl as much as the digital thanks to my turntable (record player really) being at school and I have a student teacher. Have fun at the show tonight! I'm jealous I can't go. I've started tweeting them and commenting on their fb page asking them to come to Nashville. I'd love to see them, but traveling funds are pretty tight right now.

Crispy

Quote from: Ruckus on Feb 07, 2013, 10:38 PM

How was the show?? I have got to get this record with a quickness.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Ruckus

It's tonight and I got a bad cold and pink eye but still not gonna miss it.  Stay away from me peoples!

Let me know if you need the mp3s until you grab the vinyl Crispy

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2013-02-06/entertainment/bs-ae-arbouretum-golden-west-20130204_1_arbouretum-dave-heumann-first-album

http://citypaper.com/music/arbouretum-day-1.1439940

Crispy

Quote from: Ruckus on Feb 08, 2013, 10:26 AM
It's tonight and I got a bad cold and pink eye but still not gonna miss it.  Stay away from me peoples!

Let me know if you need the mp3s until you grab the vinyl Crispy

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2013-02-06/entertainment/bs-ae-arbouretum-golden-west-20130204_1_arbouretum-dave-heumann-first-album

http://citypaper.com/music/arbouretum-day-1.1439940

Jeez, me and my reading comprehension. Enjoy it tonight, and get better!

I've been hearing it with Spotify, and should be getting the record this weekend.  :thumbsup:
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Fully

Get well soon, Ruckus! I had a pink eye-like infection that lasted for over a month one time. Nobody wanted to get close to me.

Come Closer

You're a trooper Ruckus. Here I am on the fence because it's been a long week, i'm feeling lazy and the weather is kinda iffy. It seems like such a steal at $7 though. Is Golden West a serviceable venue?  This guy I went to college with played there last week I noticed.

Fully

Quote from: Osistheones on Feb 08, 2013, 02:10 PM
You're a trooper Ruckus. Here I am on the fence because it's been a long week, i'm feeling lazy and the weather is kinda iffy. It seems like such a steal at $7 though. Is Golden West a serviceable venue?  This guy I went to college with played there last week I noticed.
Please go, O! I'd give Ruckus' left nut if I could go.

Ruckus

I love Golden West plus it's in my neighborhood.  It's just an intimate restaurant/bar that might hold 200 for a show give or take?  It might come across as a little Baltimore sceney but definitely not for an Arbouretum show.  I go there quite often.  I don't know which band your friend plays in but I was down there last Friday for the Flying Eyes/Pilgrim/Forgot Opening Band Name show and it was pretty incredible.

I'm not sure what your standards are by serviceable but it's one of my favorite places in this fair city.

And thanks guys.  I feel better already.