Main Menu

Arbouretum

Started by Ruckus, Apr 04, 2012, 12:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolof7

Really been digging coming out of the fog...I know it can be said that there is little difference in sound but some of the jams are mind-melting....current favorites: renouncer, all at once the turning weather, the promise

Ruckus, how was Pilgrim live?
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

Fully

I'm on Mu phone so I have no idea if the link is going to post correctly, but somebody named acidjack put this up from the 2/15 show. He says he'll have more up soon. He's connected with nyctaper somehow.

http://m.soundcloud.com/acidjacknyc/arbouretum-world-split-open

Ruckus

Hey Wolof.  The Pilgrim are always great if you are referring to our Pilgrim and not your Pilgrim. 

So saw the Arb show at Klub 007 in Prague on Sunday and it was my favorite yet.  The club was in the basement of a university dorm in the housing area if the university likely built under Soviet Rule in classic military block style.  The ceiling in the club was maybe 8 feet high and half liter bottles of fine Czech pils were a buck fifty.  About a hundred people there and they were really into it unlike most of the local stand and stare crowds I was used to for them.

It was a short set and I was on an all day bender but they definitely played White Bird, False Spring, Mohammed's Hex and Bounty, Oceans Don't Sing, World Split Open, Song of the Nile and maybe the Promise. 

Just Great!
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Fully

Could you be any cooler, Ruckus? Seriously.

Ruckus

Quote from: Fully on Mar 05, 2013, 10:34 AM
Could you be any cooler, Ruckus? Seriously.
your pretty fucking cool yourself...seriously

and now that I think of it, it may have been Down by the Fall Line instead of Mohammed.  Probably not.  Need sleep.

Come Closer

It looks like they recently did an EP of Gordon Lightfoot covers called A Gourd of Gold. Is anybody else going to the Ottobar show with Wooden Shjips and Purling Hiss next month?

Crispy

Quote from: Osistheones on Oct 18, 2013, 11:30 AM
It looks like they recently did an EP of Gordon Lightfoot covers called A Gourd of Gold. Is anybody else going to the Ottobar show with Wooden Shjips and Purling Hiss next month?

OH, I keep forgetting about A Gourd of Gold! A must have, for sure.

I know somebody who I would bet dollars to donuts will be at the Ottobar that night.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

GO4IT

Well I might end up seeing Ruckus at the Ottobar that night.  It's shaping up to be a good weekend in Baltimore with Lone Bellow on Fri, and this show and Dr. Dog on Sat. and who knows what else.

Ruckus

Quote from: GO4IT on Oct 20, 2013, 10:08 PM
Well I might end up seeing Ruckus at the Ottobar that night.  It's shaping up to be a good weekend in Baltimore with Lone Bellow on Fri, and this show and Dr. Dog on Sat. and who knows what else.
We will be at Ottobar for sure though I don't think your wife would enjoy that show too much :rolleyes:  Should be a drone fest for sure :cheesy:

GO4IT

Quote from: Ruckus on Oct 25, 2013, 01:40 AM
We will be at Ottobar for sure though I don't think your wife would enjoy that show too much :rolleyes:  Should be a drone fest for sure :cheesy:
Are you saying I need to bring along a pillow for the wifey? :grin:

Ruckus

Quote from: GO4IT on Oct 25, 2013, 11:30 PM
Thankfully there is a 7-11 within walking distance :grin:

GO4IT

Quote from: Ruckus on Oct 26, 2013, 11:14 AM
Quote from: GO4IT on Oct 25, 2013, 11:30 PM
Thankfully there is a 7-11 within walking distance :grin:
I'm pretty sure that's not a good thing.
I have to keep a closer eye on you guys this time and throw a stomach pump in the car just in case. :grin:

Fully

Who's going to see Arbouretum for the first time tonight after waiting maybe three years to see them? This woman!!!!!! I wish I could share the show with my fellow lovers of this band, but alas, I shall be solo.

Come Closer

Nice, have fun. I saw them with Purling Hiss and Wooden Shjips last month, and it looks like they're back at the Ottobar opening for Cass McCombs next weekend.

Fully

They were good. Ruckus, it felt intimate and private like the Wolf People show we went to. Had a great time. They opened so they didn't play very long, maybe 45 minutes, but it was 45 minutes of heavy, serious music. Totally glad I went.