Palin's Bra: Support for Quitters (of nicotine delivery products)

Started by johnnYYac, Jan 01, 2011, 11:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jones

Quote from: johnnYYac on Apr 26, 2012, 08:43 AM
Quote from: jones on Apr 26, 2012, 08:35 AM
Quote from: johnnYYac on Apr 26, 2012, 01:04 AM
Losing weight is harder.   :(
Do you have an iPhone? The My Fitness Pal ap can change your life. It's all about accountability and this app is the perfect tool.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com
Thanks, Rowan.  I actually use (well, "used"... I've taken a 2 week break) a very similar app called LoseIt! Since I NEED to get back on the horse, I may give MyFitnessPal a try.  I lost 15 lbs. "easy", then leveled off.
I've been using it for 3 months; initially to drop some fat and now to maintain and it has just become a way of life for me.  It has really changed the way I view food, too.  In endurance sports you always hear of food as just simply being "fuel".  I no longer eat until I feel full; I eat my required calories and that's it (of course everyone needs a cheat day now and then).  I also think that it's important to have a healthy snack in between meals so that you don't feel like you're starving when you sit down and, as a result, overindulge.   

Most everything with a bar code comes up when you scan it and just about every dish I've eaten at a restaurant comes up as well.  If it doesn't, I just estimate the best I can based on the search function and the ingredients in the dish.  I also like that it uses net calories so that exercise offsets additional food.  Work hard, and you can eat (or drink) more.

Oh yeah, congrats on kicking the cancer sticks! :thumbsup:

johnnYYac

Thanks, Rowan.  It seems the app you've suggested is just like the one I was using... only better!  As far as the smoking, I'd forgotten all about quitting until I saw a nasty anti-smoking ad last night and realized I don't even think about cigs much anymore. 
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.