i want a my morning jacket tattoo!

Started by soundgarden1981, Dec 01, 2010, 05:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vespachick

Quote from: johnnYYac on Feb 22, 2011, 03:17 PM
Quote from: touchmeimgoing2cream on Feb 22, 2011, 03:05 PM
after seeing the poster for term 5 evil urges, i immediately told "honest man" that that would be my next tattoo.. prob a shoulder piece. the whole apple-skull/adam and eve concept is brilliant.
i also wanna get Yim to sign the back of my pick hand, which i will then go get inked into my flesh. i'm a guitarist myself so this to me, would be like being touched by the hand of god. haha
Now THAT's committment!

Wow, I don't want to cast stones or anything, and to each their own..... but, uh, crazy much?  (I just mean the hand part, not the shoulder piece part)   ;)
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

Honest Man

Quote from: vespachick on Feb 22, 2011, 04:57 PM
after seeing the poster for term 5 evil urges, i immediately told "honest man" that that would be my next tattoo.. prob a shoulder piece. the whole apple-skull/adam and eve concept is brilliant.
i also wanna get Yim to sign the back of my pick hand, which i will then go get inked into my flesh. i'm a guitarist myself so this to me, would be like being touched by the hand of god. haha
Now THAT's committment!

Wow, I don't want to cast stones or anything, and to each their own..... but, uh, crazy much?  (I just mean the hand part, not the shoulder piece part)   ;)

I think it's a great idea. I mean he has an ex-fiance name on his neck. Yim is a big step up from an ex
The fact that my hearts beating, is all the proof you need.

vespachick

Quote from: Honest Man on Feb 22, 2011, 05:02 PM
Quote from: vespachick on Feb 22, 2011, 04:57 PM
Now THAT's committment!

I think it's a great idea. I mean he has an ex-fiance name on his neck. Yim is a big step up from an ex

A fine point!  I shouldn't judge anyway, I have my own brand of MMJ crazy.   :-*
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

columba78

I am seriously thinking of getting the owl tattoed. It looks cool and it reminds on my favorite band - other people of course would not know what it means, which would it make extra cool

Have to discuss that with my girlfriend though :)

ChiefOKONO

why?  She's not the one getting the tattoo!

Quote from: columba78 on Feb 23, 2011, 10:45 AM
I am seriously thinking of getting the owl tattoed. It looks cool and it reminds on my favorite band - other people of course would not know what it means, which would it make extra cool

hoel

I made this one about a year ago. I really like it but it actually looks better for real than in the photo.

johnnYYac

Looks great!  Hope you don't mind; I embedded your photo.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

refundpolicy

I'm a tattoo virgin, but my uncle (a tattoo artist) has drawn up a tattoo with the logo from Circuital (using uv ink for the green part of the eye) to be done on the side of my calf.  The album changed my life and I've always said I want my first (or any) tattoo to represent something that changed my life and that I won't regret in 30-40 years. 
Now, I just have to bite the bullet and finally get some ink.

zanjam

If it changed your life than it needs to be acknowledged.
anything + reverb always = better

justbcuzido

Quote from: zanjam on Jan 29, 2013, 01:38 AM
If it changed your life than it needs to be acknowledged.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. I got myself the blue owl from the Circuital vinyl insert tattooed on my arm. I did it right after I moved across the country about 5 months ago. My decision to make the biggest change of my life was made at an MMJ show this summer while in the midst of a soul changing experience during Gideon. For that reason, I knew it had to get it memorialized as a reminder.

Let us know what you decide to do.
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

refundpolicy

Off topic (and I posted this in another thread), but Gideon is the reason I became a fan of MMJ.  My old roommate tried to get me to listen to them for two years, but I thought the name was stupid so I refused to give them a try.  Then, one night after work I walked in to the apartment and he was playing Gideon.  I loved the song and asked him who it was.  He laughed and told me it was MMJ--and that he had been trying to get me to listen to them for two years.  I was sold!  Gideon is amazing!

Jims Poncho

me and my girlfriend just recently got our left sides done. I'm gonna add another splash or two of color to mine

:evil:
Taste the warpaint on my tongue as it's dripping with my sweat

LeanneP

Babe, let's get one thing clear, there's much more stardust when you're near.

zanjam

Quote from: Jims Poncho on Apr 05, 2013, 08:44 PM
me and my girlfriend just recently got our left sides done. I'm gonna add another splash or two of color to mine

:evil:
Who's is who's ? ;)
anything + reverb always = better

Jims Poncho

She's got the dress, fingernails, & girly writing, I've got the triceratops tattoo & the gangster lyrics ;)  side note, I realize "war paint" is 2 words, but I liked it better as one :evil:

justbcuzido

Quote from: ChiefOKONO on Feb 28, 2011, 09:31 PM
why?  She's not the one getting the tattoo!

Quote from: columba78 on Feb 23, 2011, 10:45 AM

I got the owl tattooed on my arm about 6 months ago. I went with Blue owl from inner lining of the Circuital Vinyl. Most common answers to what people think it is when they guess (in order of occurrence),

A- The owl from the Rush album  Fly by night (How dare they say this!)
B - You must be a Harry Potter Fan (I'm not 12, but I do love the books)
C - You must really be into Owls, is that your spirit animal (No you damn hippy)
D - I love MMJ (This has only been about 4 or 5 people.

My point is, who the hell cares if people know what it is or not. I sure don't. I got it because my first MMJ literally changed my life and got me to say yes to a job offer that took me across the country and away from my friends and family. A transcendent moment during "Gideon" revealed all the answers to my lifes questions. So I got it the second day I moved into Austin.

The tattoo is for me and me only, not to show off. Get it for you because it means something, not because your gal or anyone will or wont like it. My two cents.
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

Jims Poncho

dookie shoot bandit

My son was conceived at bonnaroo 06... And probably my single most favorite mmj show! After he was born I got his name, which is coincidentally "jack", and the z panda tattooed on my chest

e_wind

Quote from: dookie shoot bandit on Apr 09, 2013, 12:06 PM
My son was conceived at bonnaroo 06... And probably my single most favorite mmj show! After he was born I got his name, which is coincidentally "jack", and the z panda tattooed on my chest

well thats the coolest thing I've read today
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Penny Lane

Quote from: e_wind on Apr 09, 2013, 12:24 PM
Quote from: dookie shoot bandit on Apr 09, 2013, 12:06 PM

well thats the coolest thing I've read today

ahhhhhhhh the beautiful fruits borne of sweaty Roo' tent sex....that's an awesome story, DSB! not to be weird, but can we get a pic of the tattoo?
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill