Celebrity MMJ supporters

Started by oistheone, Sep 14, 2012, 09:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oistheone

We all know Zack Galifinakis pops up at shows from time to time, and is a clear fan of the band. Even McLovin' is known to sing the band's praises.

But has anyone ever had a fanboy MMJ chat with someone slightly well-known?

Joffrey Lupul, a guy who plays hockey for the Toronto Maple Leafs, is constantly posting Twitter pics from MMJ shows (ALL OVER THE WORLD) and keeps on spreading the word as to how awesome My Morning Jacket is. I even met him at Bonnaroo after the screening of Louisiana Fairytale, and we talked about how the movie was awesome but how we were bummed that Jim didn't show up to perform. REALLY cool guy.

Also at Bonnaroo 2011, I ran into none other than Gina Gershon while waiting in the pit. My girlfriend asked if she was a huge fan and Gina replied, "I wouldn't be here if I wasn't". As the show began, she made a prompt bee-line outta the pit and then we saw her on the side of the stage two songs later. Ah, celebrity perks.

Anyone else ever run into anyone famous (or quasi-famous) at a show?

robb

I high fived Cheech Marin from the rail at Bonnaroo last year.
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

johnnYYac

Quote from: johnnYYac on Sep 06, 2012, 11:21 AM
Christopher Mintz-Plasse rocks his MMJ t-shirt talking about Kick Ass 2

McLovin was at the Charlotte and Raleigh shows, posted Spontaneous Curation requests on the Roll Call forum, and tweets regularly about MMJ.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

johnnYYac

Liz Winstead, author and co-creator of The Daily Show, has tweeted about MMJ, though it could have been a joke.  I figured, if she were a fan, she'd be at Brooklyn.

Murph

Saw Kirsten Dunst in line outside of the RCMH show, pretty sure either one or both of the Olsen twins were at T5

zanjam

The Portland peeps saw Amy Poehler in the audience.  I'll keep an eye out for celebs tomorrow night  :wink:
anything + reverb always = better

johnnYYac

I saw Zach G in the wings at Mountain Jam last year and at the rooftop bar of T5 for Evil Urges and Beyond after Everest opened.  Someone saw Bill Murray at a show, I think. 

ItBeats4Jew

Seth MacFarlane is pretty famous  :wink:
what Madonna said really helped

subinai

vanessa carlton was in the crowd for newport this year. somebody probably considers her a celebrity.

scosby2

zanjam

@mymorningjacket and @mintzplasse are having a lovefest today.  I know b/c I am twitter savvy now, with all my Greek tweeting and whatnot.
anything + reverb always = better

MMPJ6306

I could swear I saw Rose Byrne (from Bridesmaids, Damages) wandering around MSG last December.
6/3/06, 10/22/10, 6/7/11 12/14, 7/28/12 8/17 12/27 12/28, 7/26/13 10/12, 7/31/15 11/27, 4/29/16

e_wind

Quote from: subinai on Sep 14, 2012, 05:25 PM
vanessa carlton was in the crowd for newport this year. somebody probably considers her a celebrity.

GOT EM
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

kotchishm

Scott Van Pelt is a big fan.  Uses One Big Holiday on his show every now and then and talks about them. 

Biggy (Washington, NC)

Seriously, you still listen to that much hip-hop? Outkast as the best album of the decade? What mustic do you listen to besides rap?

Scott Van Pelt  (1:17 PM)

My Morning Jacket, TV on the Radio, Maxwell, D'Angelo, Radiohead, Mos Def, Raconteurs, Black Crowes, Ben Harper, Chili Peppers. I'm an eclectic dude.
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

deathstick

Zack was at MSG last year too.

paloozajam

Quote from: Murph on Sep 14, 2012, 02:08 PM
Saw Kirsten Dunst in line outside of the RCMH show, pretty sure either one or both of the Olsen twins were at T5

i think ashley was at the Z show...she was off to the right behind the vip rope to the side of the stage. my spot was stage right by one of the columns each night and i remember her vividly b/c she was also at the pearl jam shows in 2008. i have pics when i was 4 rows back from family and friends area w/my friends spare 10C ticket

e_wind

What? I can see the olsons at an MMJ show, but pearl jam? Am I going to have to start respecting them?

gardenparty

Quote from: e_wind on Sep 18, 2012, 11:22 AM
What? I can see the olsons at an MMJ show, but pearl jam? Am I going to have to start respecting them?

they've been spotted at tons of PJ shows over the years.  i'd guess in the range of 20.  huge fans

e_wind

Quote from: gardenparty on Sep 18, 2012, 01:42 PM
Quote from: e_wind on Sep 18, 2012, 11:22 AM

they've been spotted at tons of PJ shows over the years.  i'd guess in the range of 20.  huge fans

that is nuts/hard to believe/super cool

pjfan04101

Yeah, somebody had posted a video awhile back on the PJ forum of one of the twins seriously rocking out to State of Love and Trust.  It was pretty cool.  But then she noticed the guy filming her and got pissed (and rightly so).