Main Menu

Grizzly Bear

Started by parkervb, Sep 18, 2012, 02:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

parkervb

is anyone going to pick up their new album out today? 

http://youtu.be/fgohdpgxaXI

so many layers...can't wait to listen to the whole album on a good sound system. 
Don't you ever turn it off

kotchishm

It leaked a while back.  I love it.  It's awesome
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

exist10z

Yeah, I think it's great so far, having just listened to the streams.  I love everything they have done previously and Daniel Rossen's solo EP Silent Hour/Golden Mile was really good too.  Probably won't get the new album for a couple weeks though, as I need to focus on the new Menomena (seeing them on the 27th).  After that, gonna try and see Grizzly Bear on the 10th of October, so I'll have to get it before then.

Look forward to hearing what everyone here thinks, the reviews a overwhelmingly positive so far.
Sisyphus - Just rollin' that rock up the hill, and hoping it doesn't crush me on the way back down..

parkervb

@exist10z have you seen them before live? I caught them on the Veckatimest tour and they were so damn good.  To recreate their music live was great to see and I can't wait to see them again.

exist10z

Quote from: parkervb on Sep 18, 2012, 03:02 PM
@exist10z have you seen them before live? I caught them on the Veckatimest tour and they were so damn good.  To recreate their music live was great to see and I can't wait to see them again.

I saw them at Coachella, but sadly that show is a little 'fuzzy' for me, plus it was a festival set anyway, but I enjoyed it.  Looking forward to seeing them in a proper theatre, where I really think they will shine.
Sisyphus - Just rollin' that rock up the hill, and hoping it doesn't crush me on the way back down..

Fully

One of my students is going to see them tonight at the Ryman in Nashville. I've enjoyed how ramped up he's been for the past week. I like the new album.

wolof7

Big fan of Shields...they are gaining increasing favor with me with each album they killed Sleeping Ute on Fallon the other night!
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

Ob1jacobe

Shields might be my Album of the year.  But I have been know to knee jerk before :)

Will be top 10 for sure

Fully

RedPatokaSea

easily album of the year

:thumbsup:

parkervb

review of last night's Grizzly Bear show from the 9:30.  Essentially it says: GO SEE THIS BAND

http://consequenceofsound.net/2012/09/live-review-grizzly-bear-at-d-c-s-930-club-920/

lpkell2145

I've heard so many good things about this album. Just saw that Pitchfork gave it a 9.1. Definitely on my action item list for this weekend to immerse myself into.
20 times I wish you'd understand...

Northern Neighbour

The first two GB albums were excellent.  This one is fantastic.  Might be their best to date.

smhoffmann02

Top 10 for sure, for me.
Give me a butt load of reverb on this one - just pile it on.

Northern Neighbour

Quote from: smhoffmann02 on Sep 22, 2012, 12:12 AM
Top 10 for sure, for me.

Easily. Probably top-3 so far to date for me.  Just an awesome album.

exist10z

They are streaming live right now on fuse.tv from Radio City Music Hall, amazing...

subinai

Quote from: exist10z on Sep 24, 2012, 09:26 PM
They are streaming live right now on fuse.tv from Radio City Music Hall, amazing...

just got home from this show. first time being back to RCMH since the 2008 MMJ show. memories of jim running up and down the side balconies. GB sounded fantastic.