Richie Sambora digs MMJ

Started by buymycar, Sep 24, 2012, 02:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

buymycar

But Sambora does hope to continue to take out younger bands when Bon Jovi returns to the road. "Promoting new music is something that I like to do," he said. "Silversun Pickups, My Morning Jacket is a great band. I listen to a lot of bands that are more indie these days and really digging it."

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/richie-sambora-i-dont-recall-playing-with-green-day-20120923#ixzz27Mq5Czlx

johnnYYac

I remember in April of 2010 walking in Nashville, heading to see MMJ at Municipal Auditorium.  A steady stream of folks walked in the opposite direction, towards a Bon Jovi show.  I kept telling them they were going the wrong way, but they didn't understand.

:undecided:
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

pawpaw

Quote from: johnnYYac on Sep 24, 2012, 11:25 AM
I remember in April of 2010 walking in Nashville, heading to see MMJ at Municipal Auditorium.  A steady stream of folks walked in the opposite direction, towards a Bon Jovi show.  I kept telling them they were going the wrong way, but they didn't understand.

They probably thought the same thing about you.  :grin:
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

Fully

Municipal Auditorium is a dump, but they don't enforce any smoking laws. It looks like 1983 in there whenever I go to a show there.

johnnYYac

Quote from: bbill on Sep 24, 2012, 11:45 AM

Yes, but I knew I was right, 'cause I've heard Bon Jovi.  They were unaware of the greatness they were missing for his pop pap.

johnnYYac

Quote from: Fully on Sep 24, 2012, 08:06 PM
Municipal Auditorium is a dump, but they don't enforce any smoking laws. It looks like 1983 in there whenever I go to a show there.
It was a bare bones throwback to the 70's sorta arena.  Were you there, Fully? 

MMJ @ Municipal Auditorium, Nashville, TN on April 21, 2010

http://archive.org/download/mmj2010-04-21.mmj2010-04-21.flac/mmj2010-04-21.mmj2010-04-21.flac_vbr_mp3.zip

Fully

Quote from: johnnYYac on Sep 24, 2012, 08:33 PM
Quote from: Fully on Sep 24, 2012, 08:06 PM
It was a bare bones throwback to the 70's sorta arena.  Were you there, Fully? 

MMJ @ Municipal Auditorium, Nashville, TN on April 21, 2010
No, I wanted to go, but it was my daughter's birthday and my father-in-law died after a long illness that night. I'm such a dick because I still with I could have been there.

But that is where I went to my first concert and all of the ones I went to in high school. The times I've been there in the last few years, I've enjoyed the indoor smoking that goes unchecked. It's like going back to my teenage years - lung cancer, so nostalgic.

Mr. White

Yeah Fully, I too used to go to shows all the time at Municipal when I was in high school in the 1980's. Nashville was a 2 hour drive from where I grew up in Western Kentucky. I can remember going down there to see a sold out AC/DC show when I was the only one in the car that didn't have a ticket. I walked around that round building at least 5 times before finding a ticket. It was always something after a show for us to walk a little bit up the street for some breakfast at that Waffle House or Omlet House that was there. I even took my wife and daughter there to see a show she wanted to see (Bryan Adams) in the late 1990's. I still love that place. It would be great to see MMJ there! Here are a couple of videos from the soundcheck for that 2010 show John was talking about. (I'm sure most everbody has seen these but here they are again.)
My Morning Jacket - I'm Amazed(live)
My Morning Jacket - Wonderful(The Way I Feel) Live recording at secret show
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

pawpaw

Quote from: johnnYYac on Sep 24, 2012, 08:29 PM
Quote from: bbill on Sep 24, 2012, 11:45 AM

Yes, but I knew I was right, 'cause I've heard Bon Jovi.  They were unaware of the greatness they were missing for his pop pap.

:grin:

It's too bad you couldn't have convinced them that their taste in music was wrong.  :grin:
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."