Previous topic - Next topic

grizzy

Wanted to see your holy vow
Wanted to see the air come out
Dirty thought occurred to me then
Could have had 'em if I wanted

MMJ_fanatic

Quote from: BH on Oct 16, 2012, 02:59 PM

Classic audio version that also has some banter about the name and it's alternate name, Oxen:

5-28-2004 Toronto, ON at The Opera House
"http://archive.org/details/mmj2004-05-28.flac16"

Classic version and IIRC that was about the year they started playing this song---geez 10+ years gone just like that  :shocked:
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

SplatSplatSplat

Quote from: Crispy on Oct 16, 2012, 04:21 PM
How Could I Know was the very first song I ever heard MMJ play live. That is all.

Me too! Gypsy Tea Room, Dallas 2004.  They opened with that mutha and my jaw hit the floor and it stayed there the rest of the night (and for a few days after to be honest).

I agree on that Opera House show as well. One of the first I ever downloaded. I would kill for that set these days. Heat from beginning to end.
You need it.  That's for sure.

e_wind

Quote from: MMJ_fanatic on Mar 29, 2015, 11:24 PM

Classic audio version that also has some banter about the name and it's alternate name, Oxen:

Classic version and IIRC that was about the year they started playing this song---geez 10+ years gone just like that  :shocked:

That setlist... woowwwww

edit: just listened to Oxen from that show. I've said it before... I don't know how this isn't MMJ's biggest hit. Its perfect, and accessible, and easy, and beautiful, etc...

Oxen should be in the same category as OBH, Im Amazed, Gideon, anytime, and other "hits" played at every show.

and the all too relatable lyrics, with probably every human being on Earth. shit.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

BH

Quote from: e_wind on Mar 30, 2015, 02:44 PM
Quote from: MMJ_fanatic on Mar 29, 2015, 11:24 PM

That setlist... woowwwww

edit: just listened to Oxen from that show. I've said it before... I don't know how this isn't MMJ's biggest hit. Its perfect, and accessible, and easy, and beautiful, etc...

Oxen should be in the same category as OBH, Im Amazed, Gideon, anytime, and other "hits" played at every show.

and the all too relatable lyrics, with probably every human being on Earth. shit.

I could not agree more with everything you say here.   This tune needs to be a staple live.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

dookie shoot bandit

Agreed!

This song is absolute perfection.
Easily one of my top 5 songs by them.

I can see how it didn't fit with the concept that was Z, but NEEDS and SHOULD get its justice Live  :drum:

armando

Perhaps if we suggested some new titles they'd reconsider this gem?

"Should've Known Better"
"All Those Old Letters"
"Just Let Me Be"
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

BH

"Old Letters" would be a great title!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

MMJ_fanatic

Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

mahg33ta

Angelo

Quote from: BH on Apr 02, 2015, 12:27 PM
"Old Letters" would be a great title!
Old Letters gets my vote. This should solve the band's problem, which in turn means we should see it resurrected during the upcoming tour, right? Right?

Emb1528

Love this song too.   Jim's voice is so great in it.   Juussssst let me beeeeeee

Played 22 times total.

17 times in 2004
3 times in 2005
1 time on 1-5-2007 (House of Blues - Anaheim, CA)
1 time on 10-21-2010  (It Still Moves T5)

Hope you don't mind my edit, Dave.  I put the LMA link in quotes to make it work.

The story in the beginning is awesome. I find it necessary however to point out the fact that we now have 3 songs that can be confused for another...

How Could I Know
How Could You Know
Believe (NOBODY KNOWS)
:wink: :grin:
Doesn't matter what you're doin', as long as you're losin' your head

BH

Quote from: Emb1528 on Apr 06, 2015, 03:52 PM

How Could I Know
How Could DO You Know
Believe (NOBODY KNOWS)

Emb1528

Quote from: BH on Apr 07, 2015, 11:26 AM
Quote from: Emb1528 on Apr 06, 2015, 03:52 PM

How Could I Know
How Could DO You Know
Believe (NOBODY KNOWS)

Ah thank you. How COULD I have done that...
Doesn't matter what you're doin', as long as you're losin' your head

wamsankas

Jim does a great version of it during that monsters of folk concert (which was before they were called MOF) My iTunes just says an evening with Conor Jim and M ward. can't remember where i got it

kotchishm

Quote from: wamsankas on Apr 21, 2015, 02:48 AM
Jim does a great version of it during that monsters of folk concert (which was before they were called MOF) My iTunes just says an evening with Conor Jim and M ward. can't remember where i got it

I believe I found it. 2004 at Pantages Theater. ZIP download still works

http://www.fuelfriendsblog.com/2008/06/03/got-fortyfives-to-play-at-night-m-ward-jim-james-conor-oberst-live-in-2004/

EDIT Sound Quality is great and the setlist is killer

Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

e_wind

Wow. Thats awesome. Thank you!
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...