Rolling Stones in N.J.

Started by ericm, Oct 22, 2012, 01:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penny Lane

Quote from: zanjam on Oct 22, 2012, 02:42 PM
Quote from: ericm on Oct 22, 2012, 01:27 PM
Tix are prices are rediculous. $114.00 for uppers behind stage, to $813.00 for floors, and the whole lower bowl!! :shocked:

Their ticket packages run from $902.00 - $2,453.00!
I'm disgusted!  That is so vile.  I've seen them bunches and they always put on a great show, but I will never see them again.  Who the fuck do they think they are?  The Beatles??!!

:grin:

:grin:
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Fully

Quote from: Taterbug on Oct 22, 2012, 04:50 PM
Quote from: Fully on Oct 22, 2012, 04:31 PM
At my house it is quite a bit cheaper to gain access to the "Tongue Pit".

I heard you can also gain access to your  "Tongue Pit" in the following places.

1. The car
2. Movie theater
3. Laundromat
4. Porta Potty

el_chode

Everyone who goes remember do not go in the direction away from the Rock that is South/Westerly (or, in other words, you should approach from Market Street.) If driving, I recommend parking in the Mulberry Street garage next to Seton Hall Law as it shouldn't be too pricey and is a 5-10 min walk that is extremely well-lit and patrolled. The walk from Penn Station is pretty well lit and heavily patrolled as well, especially on concert nights.

Also no lollygagging afterwards. The Freaks come out at night.
I'm surrounded by assholes

ericm

Solid advice chode. I'll be training it up into Penn Station early Saturday, and hanging with friends at the Hilton right across the street from The Rock til Sunday morning. We won't be walking very far before or after the show.  :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

subinai

im going to try to get tix for this on friday. expecting its going to sell out in seconds.

Fully

Penny Lane

too rich for my blood but good luck!

and nice job, eric!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Shug

I saw the Stones on the Bridges to Bablyon tour.  For this one, I didn't get tickets when they went on sale, so I was forced to go to the ticket resellers.   There was some company doing the chartered party bus to the show deal.  I got a floor ticket about halfway back, a bus ride to the show and back and all the booze I could drink on the bus on the way down (an hour ride or so), all of that for $90 and I thought I was spending kind of a lot of $.  Of course, I got completely wasted on the bus ride down (I was still a novice drinker in those hippie days AND wanted to get my money's worth) and had a great time dancing in the rain to the opener, Pearl Jam.  I think I stole someones ball cap ( I had it with me when I got home but have no recollection of how I got it) and accepted a cigar from another dude, but I don't remember all the details all that clearly.  I know I passed out during Sympathy For The Devil (according to others who were there) but rallied for the encores. Good times!  Too bad you just can't do all that for $90 anymore.
"Some like their water shallow, I like mine deep"

Shug

wondered if this might happen, Taylor and Wyman as guest sit ins at some point.  Looks like its happening!

"Guitarist Mick Taylor and bassist Bill Wyman, the two surviving ex-members of The Rolling Stones, will guest with the reactivated band later this year. Keith Richards confirmed the news in a recent interview with Rolling Stone. Taylor and Wyman will each join The Rolling Stones' current lineup for a few songs at both London's 02 Arena and Newark, NJ's Prudential Center. "[Current Stones bassist Darryl Jones] and Bill can talk about songs they want to step in and out of," Richards told the magazine. The guitarist also hints that guests like Eric Clapton and Jeff Beck may join the Stones for their second Prudential Center show, which will be broadcast on pay-per-view."  (just got this from another fan's post on another forum, not sure of the source, sorry)

zanjam

Quote from: Shug on Oct 24, 2012, 07:46 PM
wondered if this might happen, Taylor and Wyman as guest sit ins at some point.  Looks like its happening!
Still not paying those prices!  Saw the PJ opener tour in Oakland and that was my last time.  Love the Stones but I have a real problem with the ever-increasing, astronomical prices they have asked their fans to pay over the years.  Others have followed suit but the Stones have led the pack.  Over it!
anything + reverb always = better

ericm

"Guitarist Mick Taylor and bassist Bill Wyman, the two surviving ex-members of The Rolling Stones, will guest with the reactivated band later this year. Keith Richards confirmed the news in a recent interview with Rolling Stone. Taylor and Wyman will each join The Rolling Stones' current lineup for a few songs at both London's 02 Arena and Newark, NJ's Prudential Center. "[Current Stones bassist Darryl Jones] and Bill can talk about songs they want to step in and out of," Richards told the magazine. The guitarist also hints that guests like Eric Clapton and Jeff Beck may join the Stones for their second Prudential Center show, which will be broadcast on pay-per-view."  (just got this from another fan's post on another forum, not sure of the source, sorry)

It's from this article in Rolling Stone. Interesting read, as they are pretty open about some of their recent squabbles.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/inside-the-rolling-stones-reunion-20121024#ixzz2AE9iZXEH
"Where's Jim going?"

ericm

Quote from: zanjam on Oct 24, 2012, 08:01 PM
Still not paying those prices!  Saw the PJ opener tour in Oakland and that was my last time.  Love the Stones but I have a real problem with the ever-increasing, astronomical prices they have asked their fans to pay over the years.  Others have followed suit but the Stones have led the pack.  Over it!

Totally agree Zanjam about the crazy prices, but I always thought the Eagles were the first to charge the really high ticket prices. I'm pretty sure they hit the $200.00 ticket on their Hell Freezes Over Tour, and there was no turning back after that.
"Where's Jim going?"

Shug

I'm not paying those prices, either, zanjam. Its just too much, even for the Stones. Thanks for the link to the article, eric.

What song would you most want to hear with Mick Taylor?  For me, hands down, its gotta be...

Can't You Hear Me Knockin'

Runner up would be Midnight Rambler.

zanjam

Don't want to rain on y'alls parade...it's going to be great.  But I am officially over it. 

zanjam

Shug

Route 66 opener, nice!  Champagne & Reefer and Midnight Rambler, yay!

Rufus T. Firefly

Quote from: zanjam on Oct 22, 2012, 02:42 PM
Quote from: ericm on Oct 22, 2012, 01:27 PM
Tix are prices are rediculous. $114.00 for uppers behind stage, to $813.00 for floors, and the whole lower bowl!! :shocked:

Their ticket packages run from $902.00 - $2,453.00!
I'm disgusted!  That is so vile.  I've seen them bunches and they always put on a great show, but I will never see them again.  Who the fuck do they think they are?  The Beatles??!!

I think they think they are the worlds greatest rock and roll band....and they are right.

Rufus T. Firefly

I also think there is a fair chance they do an abbreviated US tour with more reasonable ticket prices...but not a lot more reasonable

johnnYYac

Damn.  If I was in Paris on Thurday night, I could've seen the Stones for 15 Euros!

http://www.cnn.com/2012/10/26/showbiz/music/rolling-stones-paris-show/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

The Rolling Stones - Live at La Trabendo Paris

Setlist

Route 66
It's Only Rock and Roll
Shattered
When The Whip Comes Down
Champagne and Reefer
Doom and Gloom
Miss You
Tumbling Dice
Start Me Up
Midnight Rambler
-----
Jumping Jack Flash
Brown Sugar
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Fully

And it would have been badass.