New Studio LP

Started by EverythingChanges, Nov 06, 2012, 09:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MamaKel

I mean, if we're getting down to brass tacs, I would like to see very show they play for the rest of their lives/my life...whichever comes first...but I would like a little new ingredients for the tasty factor...also, I really wanted to start a sentence with "getting down to brass tacs"...or is it brass tax? Or is it bra's wax? Or Cobra sax? Or Cobra Kai? Is that what the song is about? I'm pretty sure. Obviously I have a lot of thoughts to think between now and next year.

johnnYYac

We may be due for a sophomore effort from Monsters of Folk, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: johnnYYac on Nov 08, 2012, 10:45 PM

Yes! Oh the excitement over this! :cheesy: When do you think they might put that one out...  :huh: :cheesy:
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

johnnYYac

Quote from: SaraBananaBear on Nov 09, 2012, 05:03 AM
Quote from: johnnYYac on Nov 08, 2012, 10:45 PM

Yes! Oh the excitement over this! :cheesy: When do you think they might put that one out...  :huh: :cheesy:
No idea, but both Jim and M. Ward have hinted at it, seems to me.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

pattilovesmmj

I don't like to think of them not touring.  But they have been out on the road for quite a while now and they deserve some r&r, & hopefully time to make more music.  I am so glad that I saw them at the beginning of the circuital tour here in Chicago, then Forecastle and finally back in Chicago this past August.  I figured they might be taking time off and I needed to have some good memories to last me until the next time I can see them.
p.s. - Hi Kelly :)

LeanneP

I'm pretty sure M Ward said they recorded in September. Don't know if that's everything or if they'll have another session, but they do have stuff in process.
Babe, let's get one thing clear, there's much more stardust when you're near.

pattilovesmmj

M Ward as in Monsters of Folk?  New music?

LeanneP

My apologies, I got it mixed up in my head (since this came out in September) http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/dc9/2012/09/will_johnson_looks_inward_with.php

Will Johnson says that MOF recorded a little in February.

GO4IT

Quote from: LeanneP on Nov 10, 2012, 11:44 PM

And we're just hearing about this now?

If Petraeus had hired these handlers he'd still have a job.

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: GO4IT on Nov 11, 2012, 08:10 PM
Quote from: LeanneP on Nov 10, 2012, 11:44 PM

And we're just hearing about this now?

If Petraeus had hired these handlers he'd still have a job.

You just need to come hang out in the Monsters of Folk thread a little more  :thumbsup:

GO4IT

Quote from: SaraBananaBear on Nov 12, 2012, 02:35 AM

You just need to come hang out in the Monsters of Folk thread a little more  :thumbsup:

You're probably right although that thread has only three posts since 2009!

And I just went over to the MOF web site and there's no news or posts there since 2011.  And I just searched the web and couldn't find anything new there either.

What's a Monster fan to do?  Maybe there's really not much happening despite what we'd like to believe. :cry:

searchinbig

Ummmm.....did you guys check your emails this a.m.?  (Jim James, that is!) There goes another 100 bucks!!
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

Bigsky

9:30 tomorrow morning...wow!

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: GO4IT on Nov 12, 2012, 06:56 AM

And I just went over to the MOF web site and there's no news or posts there since 2011.  And I just searched the web and couldn't find anything new there either.

What's a Monster fan to do?  Maybe there's really not much happening despite what we'd like to believe. :cry:

That might be true... but those three posts were all solid! And had you been there it might have been four, right?  :thumbsup: I think there's something happening, just very slowly, as always, since they have so much going on on their own, but the last album was only like three sessions or something, wasn't it? (might be hallucinating here) I still have hope! :cheesy:

While waiting you can always check out this mix of MoF-related stuff :thumbsup:

GO4IT

Quote from: SaraBananaBear on Nov 12, 2012, 08:16 AM
Quote from: GO4IT on Nov 12, 2012, 06:56 AM

That might be true... but those three posts were all solid! And had you been there it might have been four, right?  :thumbsup: I think there's something happening, just very slowly, as always, since they have so much going on on their own, but the last album was only like three sessions or something, wasn't it? (might be hallucinating here) I still have hope! :cheesy:

While waiting you can always check out this mix of MoF-related stuff :thumbsup:
Those posts WERE solid and you got the thread up and running again after all this time! :thumbsup:
And if we posted this dialogue in the right place, they'd be even more - let's continue the conversation over there. :rolleyes:
Thanks for the link!

LeanneP

When Jim was on WXPN in Philly on Tuesday night he was asked about recording a new Jacket album. His response was that they'd probably be recording "after summer" after he finished touring his solo album.

So, I'm guessing we'll get something in spring/summer '14 if that's the case.

EverythingChanges

That is so far away!  :cry:
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck