music related beer names

Started by e_wind, Nov 21, 2012, 04:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

e_wind

This conversation came up after I told someone about either chodes or aMDs (I cant remember) idea about One Big IPA. Beer names, types, and origen of their names:

Rye Blue Rye <- blueberry infused mild rye beer (for the ladies), Wilco album Sky Blue Sky
O! Sweet Pumpkin' <- pumpkin beer O! Sweet Nuthin' by VU
Thickfreakness Double Chocolate Stout  <- black keys album Thickfreakness
Psycho Killer Extra IPA <- would have to be at least 10% abv, don't think anyone won't get this

I think there would be some king of easy transformation of Holdin' Onto Black Metal that doesn't relate to bowel movements.
I can't remember the others because I'm being hurried to leave right now. Discuss
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

ItBeats4Jew

having lived and gone to school in New Orleans, I'm partial to Abita beer, so I'd be remiss if I didn't mention their Purple Haze
what Madonna said really helped

e_wind

I'm not a big fan of Purple Haze, to be honest, but its a good, fitting musical name for a beer.

The ones I mentioned aren't real beers though, btw

e_wind

this exists though: http://untappd.com/beer/96611

Evil Urges - a strong belgian dark ale

joey_rogo

There was a beer company that started releasing Zappa inspired brews. Can't remember exactly who. Lagunitas maybe??

el_chode

Quote from: joey_rogo on Nov 21, 2012, 07:02 PM
There was a beer company that started releasing Zappa inspired brews. Can't remember exactly who. Lagunitas maybe??

Yes, Reuben and the Jets and another one that I have the bottle stashed away. I forget, but it was pure Zappa, not Mothers.

Also, dibs on this which I hope to start brewing in the next year:

One Big IPA
Left of the Di-ale (wheat version is Hefe of the Dial)

I had more but I forget

I'm surrounded by assholes

iLikeBeer

It's not named after a song, but I brewed a Strawberry Wheat this past summer that I named Berry Garcia.

e_wind

Quote from: iLikeBeer on Nov 22, 2012, 09:34 AM
It's not named after a song, but I brewed a Strawberry Wheat this past summer that I named Berry Garcia.

Bam. Thats a great one.

iLikeBeer

Thanks.  The beer was pretty damn tasty as well!  I used fresh locally grown strawberries to flavor the beer.  :beer:

I like your ideas as well.  O! Sweet Pumpkin' is a great name as is One Big IPA!   :thumbsup:

Chode, Left of the Di-Ale is sweet as well!

I'm thinking The Dark could be used for some sort of Stout or maybe, something I like better than a stout, a Black IPA? 

Jaimoe

Well, this is a real band, and a legendary one at that: April Wine.