Main Menu

Grab a Body

Started by e_wind, Nov 22, 2012, 12:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davymac

I'm diggin it!  I really like the instrumental stuff...all the horns kinda sounds like a lettuce tune to me

Painter

i didnt see the download card, crap. looks like im gonna be digging through my waste basket.

wolof7

Man I can't believe some are dissappointed by an instrumental b-side from the ISM sessions. This songs is amazing and has that unique ISM barn-vibe we are not likely to hear again unless more outtakes become available. Plus this song may have been the genesis of that sweet outro. I got so nostalgic I almost cried!

I vote Grab a Body could serve as a tasty NYE opener

Grab A Body>Easy Morning>Dancefloors a nice lil ISM medley!?!
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

smhoffmann02

Thank you for posting the audio!  I didn't know the vinyl came with dl's, so I missed out.  :undecided:  I am a fan of instrumentals so I look forward to immersing myself in this new song.
Give me a butt load of reverb on this one - just pile it on.

el_chode

Anyone else hear a little Zappa in this? Love it.
I'm surrounded by assholes

lucylew

I think I'm in love.

BH

Quote from: meltingaway on Nov 27, 2012, 11:16 AM
Does anyone hear Black Sabbath around the :30 mark and again at the 1:50 mark? the geetahs get angry for about ten seconds and I like that

then you get the funky wahs wahs and them horns, oh yes

then throw in the equivalent of musical ecstasy/sleepy opiate/all is right in the world outtro and you've a great song--simple, yet unique

wonder how many more great tracks they have just laying around for us...

Angry Geetahs!   Yes.   I love that too!    We should have a thread of songs that surprise you part way in with some angry geetah!  Jeremy's Storm by Tame Impala comes to mind.      Another instrumental coincidently.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

bddeat

I wish I could figure out a way to edit out the outro from I Will Sing You Songs and sandwich this tune between IWSYS and Easy Morning Rebel, Run Thru, Rollin' Back, etc... Then again can a guys mind be too blown??

bartel

Quote from: wolof7 on Nov 27, 2012, 06:29 PM
Man I can't believe some are dissappointed by an instrumental b-side from the ISM sessions. This songs is amazing and has that unique ISM barn-vibe we are not likely to hear again unless more outtakes become available. Plus this song may have been the genesis of that sweet outro. I got so nostalgic I almost cried!

I vote Grab a Body could serve as a tasty NYE opener

Grab A Body>Easy Morning>Dancefloors a nice lil ISM medley!?!

now we're talking.

dylyn

Quote from: Dillsnufus on Nov 26, 2012, 06:57 PM
Hearing the IWSYS part at the end just made me wish they'd release a 45RPM version of It Still Moves. Who else would go bat shit for that? I know i would. :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

maybe a hint at a 10th anniversary edition of ISM ?

I got more of a Phone vibe towards the end.  Ye know, when they slow it down in the middle before going into that always extravagant ending jam 

sweatboard

The best moments of this Jam were either realized fully on ISM or later on with other albums, this has no buisness seeing the light of day...It makes me think they have NO SONGS that didn't make the cut on any previous albums.  It's a shame this is a b-side....Pearl Jam had Yellow Ledbetter as a b-side and we get this slop?  I drink the mmj coolaid as much as anyone, but this is just sad. 
There's Still Time.........

ellisintransit

To counterpoint sweatboard, this song was a revelation for me.  ISM was my intro to MMJ and remains my favorite album of theirs.  To hear anything else from that era moves me like nothing else for some reason.  I had to buy this damn record on ebay since it was all sold out in my area, and I expected the amazingness of It Makes No Difference, but came away from the whole release with this as my favorite.

Another 2 cents.   :thumbsup:

Tracy 2112

Quote from: sweatboard on Dec 04, 2012, 12:05 AM
The best moments of this Jam were either realized fully on ISM or later on with other albums, this has no buisness seeing the light of day...It makes me think they have NO SONGS that didn't make the cut on any previous albums.  It's a shame this is a b-side....Pearl Jam had Yellow Ledbetter as a b-side and we get this slop?  I drink the mmj coolaid as much as anyone, but this is just sad.

I disagree. This is probably the most important musical release since Stairway to Heaven.
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.