Conan interviews Jack White

Started by Tracy 2112, Jan 12, 2013, 10:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracy 2112

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

delso13

This was tremendous... watched it at work the other day

Tracy 2112

Quote from: delso13 on Jan 12, 2013, 10:53 AM
This was tremendous... watched it at work the other day

I don't hate Jack White and I don't love him. This interview pushed me closer to the love part of the continuum.  :cool:
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

EverythingChanges

I really like most of White's stuff, I just wish he would stick with one music group so I could actually hear those songs live.  I feel like he makes two albums with the group and then quits and makes another group.
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

ffghtrs

Great interview, over an hour long.
Can you keep it simple? Can you let the snare crack? Can you let it move without holding back?

sweatboard

I just watched the entire thing.  Just amazing.  Thanks Tracy!!!!  Too many great moments to mention.  They just made me feel warm.  :kiss:

It was pretty cool to hear Jack talk about Dylan.  He sounded like I'm sure I would trying to talk about Jim.  Not that I have any talent at all, but it's nice to hear someone as genius as Jack get his jaw dropped......

I liked the follow up by Conan..."but does anyone really know Dylan?" 

You might sit down and talk with him for 60min. but there are still so many guards and levels and preconceptions, and fears, and........ That may be why he started making music in the first place..
There's Still Time.........

Jaimoe

Quote from: EverythingChanges on Jan 12, 2013, 11:30 AM
I really like most of White's stuff, I just wish he would stick with one music group so I could actually hear those songs live.  I feel like he makes two albums with the group and then quits and makes another group.

I've seen almost all of his incarnations live. He is a touring machine so I'm not sure how you could miss at least one of his side projects. Unfortunatley I missed the Wanda Jackson tour. As for being in many short-lived groups, the one thing I do love is that they are all different and great for the most part.