JOE RUSSO'S ALMOST DEAD> Brooklyn Bowl, 1/26/13, NYC

Started by dp74, Jan 31, 2013, 02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dp74

didn't see this posted.  been rocking this the past 2 days.

here is the link for the MATRIX: https://archive.org/details/jrad2013-01-26.mtx

and here is nyctapers review:

"On Saturday night, I saw the first post-Dead band that truly offered music that rivaled the original band at its peak. But what separated Joe Russo's "Almost Dead" from the others was their approach to the music. This was not a mimic or an imitation, but a quintet of supremely talented musicians interpreting the music in their own unique manner. "

http://www.nyctaper.com/2013/01/joe-russos-almost-dead-january-26-2013-brooklyn-bowl-flacmp3streaming/

Joe Russo Almost Dead
2013-01-26
Brooklyn Bowl
New York, NY USA

Joe Russo – Drums and Vocals
Marco Benevento – Keyboards
Scott Metzger – Guitar and Vocals
Tom Hamilton – Guitar and Vocals
Dave Dreiwitz – Bass

Setlist:
Set 1
[Total Time 1:24:31]
01 Bertha
02 Althea
03 Jack Straw
04 Deal
05 Mr Charlie
06 [band introductions]
07 Brown-Eyed Women
08 Tennesee Jed
09 Shakedown Street
10 Jam
11 China Cat Sunflower
12 I Know You Rider

Set 2
[Total Time 1:42:58]
13 Estimated Prophet
14 Eyes Of The World
15 Help On The Way
16 Slipknot
17 Franklins Tower
18 St Stephen
19 The Eleven
20 Caution Jam
21 The Other One
22 Viola Lee Blues
23 [encore break]
24 US Blues

zanjam

Do you know if there's a Bustle in Your Hedgerow (don't be alarmed now :grin: ) download from the night before available?  I am going to check out the Dead one, but Bustle is one of my favorite cover band projects ever.
anything + reverb always = better

dp74

haven't seen it, but I'll keep looking.

i've seen both bands, and IMO the DEAD stuff is far superior.

give it a listen.

Shug

That's a great looking second set.  First set, too, for that matter.  I was not too impressed with Russo's drumming in Furthur, but I'll check this out.

I wonder if nyctaper ever saw Phil and Friends as the Quintet line up (Jimmy Herring, Warren Haynes, John Molo and Rob Barraco)?  That band could jam impressively and IMO they absolutely rivaled the Grateful Dead at any of their peak years in stellar psychedelic rock jamming.  For me PLQ was far and away the best post-Jerry GD band.  I will try to keep an open mind, though.  :grin:
"Some like their water shallow, I like mine deep"

el_chode

Here I was, listening to Marco Benevento, and wondering what Joe Russo has been up to.

NOW I KNOW
I'm surrounded by assholes

dp74

Quote from: Shug on Jan 31, 2013, 05:12 PM
I wonder if nyctaper ever saw Phil and Friends as the Quintet line up (Jimmy Herring, Warren Haynes, John Molo and Rob Barraco)?  That band could jam impressively and IMO they absolutely rivaled the Grateful Dead at any of their peak years in stellar psychedelic rock jamming.  For me PLQ was far and away the best post-Jerry GD band.  I will try to keep an open mind, though.  :grin:

:thumbsup:

couldn't agree more.

JerseyDan