Newport Folk Festival - July 26-28, 2013

Started by johnnYYac, Feb 10, 2013, 11:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnYYac

First off, roll call!

1. johnnYYac - all in

Next up, line up.  What we know so far...

Michael Kiwanuka
The Lumineers
Houndmouth
The Last Bison
Andrew Bird
Shovels & Rope
The Lone Bellow

Anyone care to make a Spotify playlist for this lineup, as it grows? 

I'm stealing someone else's comment, but the folks in this lineup look like extras from steerage during the filming of Titanic. 

Oh, and speculation?
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

FiddleCastro

1. johnnYYac - all in
2. FiddleCastro  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

Northern Neighbour

1. johnnYYac - all in
2. FiddleCastro  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
3. Mrs. & Mr. NN

Penny Lane

1. johnnYYac - all in
2. FiddleCastro   
3. Mrs. & Mr. NN
4. Penny
5. Headhunter and Mrs. H
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

scosby2

1. johnnYYac - all in
2. FiddleCastro   
3. Mrs. & Mr. NN
4. Penny
5. Headhunter and Mrs. H
6. Scosby2

GO4IT

1. johnnYYac - all in
2. FiddleCastro   
3. Mrs. & Mr. NN
4. Penny
5. Headhunter and Mrs. H
6. Scosby2
7. GO4IT and Ms GO4IT

Penny Lane

Quote from: GO4IT on Feb 10, 2013, 05:37 PM

7. GO4IT and Ms GO4IT

very excited to actually hang out! we're like 3 ships passing at jacket shows..

Seth--really? sweet..

MrWhippy

1. johnnYYac - all in
2. FiddleCastro   
3. Mrs. & Mr. NN
4. Penny
5. Headhunter and Mrs. H
6. Scosby2
7. GO4IT and Ms GO4IT
8. Mr. Whippy with Flake
My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

scosby2

Quote from: Penny Lane on Feb 10, 2013, 08:45 PM

7. GO4IT and Ms GO4IT

Seth--really? sweet..

It's true

GO4IT

Quote from: Penny Lane on Feb 10, 2013, 08:45 PM

7. GO4IT and Ms GO4IT

Seth--really? sweet..

We do keep moving around like ships in the night at the NFF - it's the only way to go to sample all the great music and very much in keeping with the Newport sailing tradition.  So jump on board and we'll have another great time.  I still have a couple of great photos of you from last year, Penny, that I don't think you've seen.

Now that Jim is single again, I think this is the year you're finally going to snag him with that gorgeous plastic bridal veil! :grin: :grin:

subinai

kiwanuka is great. buuuttttttttttt i need to see the rest of the line up before i commit

MrWhippy

I really hope that Jim getting confirmed for Forecastle (in "Festival Speculation" thread) is a good sign for him being at Newport just two weeks later. 

What I'd really love at Newport is a JJ Band set and also a JJ solo set as he's done there in the past.

headhunter

Quote from: MrWhippy on Feb 12, 2013, 07:30 AM
I really hope that Jim getting confirmed for Forecastle (in "Festival Speculation" thread) is a good sign for him being at Newport just two weeks later. 

What I'd really love at Newport is a JJ Band set and also a JJ solo set as he's done there in the past.

I'm counting on it Jon.  Beth & I saw both of Jim's solo shows at newport (2008 & 2010) and they are among the best performances we've ever seen at NFF over the 20 years we've been going to this festival.

was some shakin' and some record playin'

Penny Lane

Quote from: headhunter on Feb 12, 2013, 09:11 AM

I'm counting on it Jon.  Beth & I saw both of Jim's solo shows at newport (2008 & 2010) and they are among the best performances we've ever seen at NFF over the 20 years we've been going to this festival.

i was chatting with bold99 and he brought up that Ryan Adams had never played the fest, also it's time to invite M Ward back this year :-)

johnnYYac

Quote from: Penny Lane on Feb 12, 2013, 11:05 AM

i was chatting with bold99 and he brought up that Ryan Adams had never played the fest, also it's time to invite M Ward back this year :-)
Add Bright Eyes and you have a Monsters of Folk reunion!  I think She & Him have an album coming, another reason for M. Ward to be there.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

FiddleCastro

Quote from: johnnYYac on Feb 12, 2013, 11:11 AM
Quote from: Penny Lane on Feb 12, 2013, 11:05 AM

Add Bright Eyes and you have a Monsters of Folk reunion!  I think She & Him have an album coming, another reason for M. Ward to be there.

I'd love to see a MOF reunion! Haha that would be awesome! I do think, though if M. plays it'll be with Zooey. Not really complaining, but I'd like to see M. solo

Also I can confirm this news that only I care about: Lady Lamb The Beekeeper will not be at Newport  :cry:
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

Northern Neighbour

She & Him will be touring this year, and they have nothing scheduled for the end of July.

MrWhippy

Ryan Adams would be fantastic, that is if he can STFU between songs.  Love his music, but his banter annoys the hell out of me.

Waddy Peytona

Jim James just announced in the lineup. I pretty much figured he would play, but it's nice to have it confirmed. Looking forward to my second Newport Folk Festival!

headhunter

Quote from: Waddy Peytona on Feb 14, 2013, 10:25 AM
Jim James just announced in the lineup. I pretty much figured he would play, but it's nice to have it confirmed. Looking forward to my second Newport Folk Festival!

:beer:   Woo Hoo.  I think we all expected this one but very nice to hear that it is official.

Looking forward to seeing Jim for the 4th time at my favorite summer festival.

was some shakin' and some record playin'