NBA 2012-2013

Started by bearass, Feb 15, 2013, 12:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bearass

i know its a little late, but i couldnt find one.....LETS TALK BASKETBALL

bearass

how about timmy duncan's year 

Ruckus

Watching the Clips beat down the Lakers.  Spurs are regular season heroes.  I like Memphis to take em out in the west semis if standings hold and OKC will be playing the heat again.  Actually friends with Gary Neal's wife.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

bearass

this clips game has been out of control since the first quarter..as long as ronnie world peace keeps chuckin 3s for my fantasy im fine with it

bearass

Quote from: Ruckus on Feb 15, 2013, 01:01 AM
Watching the Clips beat down the Lakers.  Spurs are regular season heroes.  I like Memphis to take em out in the west semis if standings hold and OKC will be playing the heat again.  Actually friends with Gary Neal's wife.
thats awesome man! i think it has to be impossible to hate the spurs they just win and play sound ball and they all seem like super cool guys...except for that frenchman....

FiddleCastro

Quote from: bearass on Feb 15, 2013, 12:55 AM
how about timmy duncan's year 

Go Spurs Go!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Me on Sunday, last row at the Barclays Center

Took this video of Matt Bonner not missing a 3-pointer during warm-ups.
http://telly.com/2IP53U
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

Jaimoe

Long suffering Raptors fan, but there's signs of life after the Rudy Gay trade and some of the young players are getting the chance to develop. That being said, the Raptors's fans are great and the ACC is always close or at capacity with great atmosphere. Fuck the Heat.

FiddleCastro

I didn't understand the Rudy Gay trade from the Memphis standpoint, but I'm excited for Toronto, as a recovering semi-Knicks-well-they're-the-only-team-in-NY-so-i-should-at-least-kinda-support-them-fan I also like Landry Fields, even if he's kinda useless, but Rudy Gay is a great player, and i'm excited Toronto got him.

Other points from this year:

1.  I predict a Knicks collapse.
2. Lakers and Mavs are awful, which is exciting!

Jaimoe

Quote from: FiddleCastro on Feb 15, 2013, 01:03 PM
I didn't understand the Rudy Gay trade from the Memphis standpoint, but I'm excited for Toronto, as a recovering semi-Knicks-well-they're-the-only-team-in-NY-so-i-should-at-least-kinda-support-them-fan I also like Landry Fields, even if he's kinda useless, but Rudy Gay is a great player, and i'm excited Toronto got him.

Gay's contract is big and his numbers were down this season before the trade. Memphis made other deals too and getting Tayshaun Prince and Ed Davis certainly makes them formittable up front. Toronto did not want to lose Jose Calderon and Davis, but they needed some scoring and Gay provides it. Davis may be a great player down the road. He's finally emerging this season, but Toronto has young depth in the power-forward positions so they had to deal. Also, the Boozer for Bargnani deal won't go away.

I know the Raps got Fields for his defense moreso than his offense. He's been a nice fit so far and has made the once weak D at least respectible. He also gives the team depth. I hate the Knicks, but that shouldn't surprise you given they are division rivals with the Raps.

FiddleCastro

Quote from: Jaimoe on Feb 15, 2013, 02:54 PM
Quote from: FiddleCastro on Feb 15, 2013, 01:03 PM

Gay's contract is big and his numbers were down this season before the trade. Memphis made other deals too and getting Tayshaun Prince and Ed Davis certainly makes them formittable up front. Toronto did not want to lose Jose Calderon and Davis, but they needed some scoring and Gay provides it. Davis may be a great player down the road. He's finally emerging this season, but Toronto has young depth in the power-forward positions so they had to deal. Also, the Boozer for Bargnani deal won't go away.

I know the Raps got Fields for his defense moreso than his offense. He's been a nice fit so far and has made the once weak D at least respectible. He also gives the team depth. I hate the Knicks, but that shouldn't surprise you given they are division rivals with the Raps.

Very true, I just think Rudy Gay is good enough to keep, which is why it's a no-brainer for Toronto, who really didn't give up as much as they could have for a guy like Gay. 

Fields is definitely a guy who fits in well on a team like Toronto, but he's a specific kind of player, very smart, good basketball IQ, but doesn't exactly have the skill set to be a consistent offensive threat. Definitely a good guy to have when you have a guy like DeRozan as well.

You guys have DeRozan, Lowry, and Gay, Certainly guys to build around.  Was great to see them beat the Knicks a couple of nights ago...

I'm wondering what San Antonio is going to do, will they stay put, or will they make one of the rumoured trades? I don't know if they can win it all with the squad they have, I feel like they're missing one piece, but they keep soldiering on, and keep winning...

Jaimoe

I'm not sure what the Spurs will do. I'm assuming the right thing given they make almost no mistakes.

Ed Davis was dealt also because Jonas Valanciunas was coming back of the IR and needs to further develop. He's got a huge upside.

Jackets N Pones

Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

iLikeBeer

Long suffering Cavs fan here and as jilted as I was towards LeBron James, I have to admit, I am warming back up to him.  I've come to the conclusion that it would be a waste to not admire the greatness that he brings with his game.  I mean, that recent streak he was on going 6 straight games shooting scoring 30 and shooting 60% is just ridiculous.  And the game that ended the streak?  He shot 58% and had he not missed a deep 3-ball late in the game, the streak would have remained in tact.

And now that Wade appears to be back in good health, I really don't see anyone in the league capable of dethroning Miami. 

Ruckus

Quote from: iLikeBeer on Feb 16, 2013, 11:07 AM
Long suffering Cavs fan here and as jilted as I was towards LeBron James, I have to admit, I am warming back up to him.  I've come to the conclusion that it would be a waste to not admire the greatness that he brings with his game.  I mean, that recent streak he was on going 6 straight games shooting scoring 30 and shooting 60% is just ridiculous.  And the game that ended the streak?  He shot 58% and had he not missed a deep 3-ball late in the game, the streak would have remained in tact.

And now that Wade appears to be back in good health, I really don't see anyone in the league capable of dethroning Miami.
Yeah.  Lebron is the one player that makes we watch if he is on.  Simply remarkable what he does.  Frankly I think he could win the title this year with 4 no talent ass clowns and himself on the court.

Also, Kyrie Irving is something else!  Looks like you have a real foundation for the future...if he stays :grin:
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

iLikeBeer

Quote from: Ruckus on Feb 16, 2013, 11:13 AM

Also, Kyrie Irving is something else!  Looks like you have a real foundation for the future...if he stays :grin:

Yeah, Kyrie has been fun to watch!  There were some grumblings out there that there might be a possibility for LeBron to come back home after the 2014 season where he could opt out of his remaining contract with Miami.  I'm not holding my breath for that to happen, but to see him and Kyrie sharing a back court would be something else!  One can only dream though...  :beer:

Jaimoe

Quote from: iLikeBeer on Feb 16, 2013, 11:29 AM
Quote from: Ruckus on Feb 16, 2013, 11:13 AM

Yeah, Kyrie has been fun to watch!  There were some grumblings out there that there might be a possibility for LeBron to come back home after the 2014 season where he could opt out of his remaining contract with Miami.  I'm not holding my breath for that to happen, but to see him and Kyrie sharing a back court would be something else!  One can only dream though...  :beer:

Cavs fans and sports fans with any sort of honour and class should never let that prick LeBron off the hook. He hosted a fucking TV special to tell the world that he was leaving Cleveland. He could care less about the franchise or the city. He's no Kevin Durant that will take the team he was dealt and make them the best that they can be. LeBron kicked a town that's been kicked forever. Bosh is almost as disgusting. I hope both fuckers get knee-capped by a band of IRA hooligans.

That being said, Irving is great and I love seeing good Toronto boy Tristan Thompson's emerence as a star on the rise. Also, according to the Bleacher Report's most recent mock draft, the Cavs are in-line to snag UNLV freshman phenom Anthony Bennett, another Toronto area product. This kid is a freak of nature. Heck, if you suck next year too (which is unlikely), the Cavs will be in the running for the Andrew Wiggins sweepstakes, the most highly anticipated and talented youngster since LeBron (and yes, he's another kid from Toronto). Man, Team Canada's future looks bright indeed.

Here's a new Wiggins primer. It looks like he's narrowed down the schools he's interested in for next year. Damn, my Orangemen are out of the running.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1530291-andrew-wiggins-making-the-case-for-remaining-schools-on-top-prospects-list

iLikeBeer

I was pretty fucking pissed at LeBron's total self promotion with the decision and all, but the guy has since admitted what a mistake it was.  If Michael Vick can get a second chance after being involved in what he was involved in, I don't think it's asking too much to give LeBron a second chance either. 

LeBron has owned that he handled things completely wrong and if he had the chance he would have done things differently.  I also feel that LeBron saw what a hit that whole fiasco did to his image and him playing the villain didn't really suit him and you are seeing a switch back to the kinder and gentler LeBron everyone loved prior to the decision.

All in all, you can't argue with greatness.  Just like I loved watching Jordan dominate the league in his prime of winning 6 titles with the Bulls, I am not going to pass up witnessing the greatness that is LeBron James, whether he ever suits up for the Cavs again or not...

And speaking of good Canuck hoopsters, Michigan freshman SG Nick Stauskus is another good one from north of the border...  :beer:

Jaimoe

Quote from: iLikeBeer on Feb 17, 2013, 04:28 PM
I was pretty fucking pissed at LeBron's total self promotion with the decision and all, but the guy has since admitted what a mistake it was.  If Michael Vick can get a second chance after being involved in what he was involved in, I don't think it's asking too much to give LeBron a second chance either. 

LeBron has owned that he handled things completely wrong and if he had the chance he would have done things differently.  I also feel that LeBron saw what a hit that whole fiasco did to his image and him playing the villain didn't really suit him and you are seeing a switch back to the kinder and gentler LeBron everyone loved prior to the decision.

All in all, you can't argue with greatness.  Just like I loved watching Jordan dominate the league in his prime of winning 6 titles with the Bulls, I am not going to pass up witnessing the greatness that is LeBron James, whether he ever suits up for the Cavs again or not...

And speaking of good Canuck hoopsters, Michigan freshman SG Nick Stauskus is another good one from north of the border...  :beer:

I don't think LeBron is being honest. He had plenty of time to think about what he was staging and still went through with it. He just doesn't want people hating him and wants to maintain a good image. I'll never give that fucking Vick a second chance. He's not a changed man. Getting caught and doing the time doesn't mean anything if his sickness hasn't been addressed. He's still a sick fucking degenerate.

However, Stauskus is a keeper. So are Gonzaga's Canadian stars, centre Kelly Olynyk and PG Kevin Pangos. The jury is still out on Texas' troubled but talented Myck Kabongo.

capt. scotty

I didnt realize how little I care about the NBA regular season until I turned on ESPN yesterday and found out it was all-star weekend...I had no clue
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

FiddleCastro

Poor Bonner, :'( Kyrie, though, was incredible in the 3pt contest, and definitely showed some of his stuff at the ASG. Kid is super talented and one of my favorite players at the moment.