NBA 2012-2013

Started by bearass, Feb 15, 2013, 12:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shug

Once again, SUCK IT, MIAMI!   :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"Some like their water shallow, I like mine deep"

Tracy 2112

anyone have a problem with Lebron James giving Paul George a hand slap after the 3rd period last night?

LeBron James respond to Paul George's And1

Part of me thought it was cool but another part of me thought no way MJ or Kobe would have ever done that, especially after George beat him and dunked.

I dunno, I always considered James to be too soft to be mentioned in the same breath as the great ones.
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

Mahgeetah34

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on May 25, 2013, 02:49 PM
anyone have a problem with Lebron James giving Paul George a hand slap after the 3rd period last night?

Part of me thought it was cool but another part of me thought no way MJ or Kobe would have ever done that, especially after George beat him and dunked.

I dunno, I always considered James to be too soft to be mentioned in the same breath as the great ones.

Lebron plays hockey now?? He really does do it all! :wink: I kid I kid, but seriously though I have no problem with the hand slap. I've done it before to my opponents in basketball, but I'm obviously not in the NBA. It's more of a recognition of good effort amongst two competitors.

Also, Lebron is better than Kobe. Kobe has more game winners because Lebron doesn't really get put in that situation due to winning by a decent margin.

Here's some stats: Lebron has faced Kobe 19 times since he entered the NBA, his record? 13-6! Kobe has only won 6 times. Championships are irrelevant since those are collective team efforts not based on one player. MVP's have Lebron at 4 and Kobe at 1. Lebron has an Olympic MVP award and I can't find Kobe with any. Kobe has him beat on All-Star MVP's with 4 vs. Lebron's 2. Kobe also has him beat on first team all-NBA defense awards, how? I have no idea. Lebron's defense is clearly better.

Tracy 2112

Quote from: Mahgeetah34 on May 25, 2013, 10:19 PM
Quote from: Tracy 2112 on May 25, 2013, 02:49 PM

Lebron plays hockey now?? He really does do it all! :wink: I kid I kid, but seriously though I have no problem with the hand slap. I've done it before to my opponents in basketball, but I'm obviously not in the NBA. It's more of a recognition of good effort amongst two competitors.

Also, Lebron is better than Kobe. Kobe has more game winners because Lebron doesn't really get put in that situation due to winning by a decent margin.

Here's some stats: Lebron has faced Kobe 19 times since he entered the NBA, his record? 13-6! Kobe has only won 6 times. Championships are irrelevant since those are collective team efforts not based on one player. MVP's have Lebron at 4 and Kobe at 1. Lebron has an Olympic MVP award and I can't find Kobe with any. Kobe has him beat on All-Star MVP's with 4 vs. Lebron's 2. Kobe also has him beat on first team all-NBA defense awards, how? I have no idea. Lebron's defense is clearly better.

13-6 vs Kobe playing 1 on 1? No, those were team efforts. But championships are irrelevant b/c they are team efforts? That makes absolutely no sense. You are clearly in the minority if you say Lebron is better than Kobe; clearly. The argument is about Russell, MJ or Kobe. I will say I was't surprised with Lebrons two late turnovers in the 4th period. He just doesn't have the killer instinct like the other great ones did; too concerned with his image and flopping and money and fashion. But of course, greatness is not measured in championships...

Mahgeetah34

Lebron would beat Kobe one on one. He's too powerful and has nasty defense. As for the two turnovers, the first one was lucky as dude from the Pacers had his back to Lebron and threw his hands up which resulted in the turnover. Number two was just a stupid pass. There was no need to get fancy in a conference final when you're trailing with fifteen seconds left in the fourth quarter.

FiddleCastro

I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

yakeroo

Meh, Memphis got swept, so I guess it is time to pull for the Pacers. 2-2 series!

FiddleCastro

Indiana has got a pretty good shot at winning this. I'd love to see a Pacers/Spurs series, two hardworking teams, with a lot of heart. But Miami/Spurs would be a great series, too, especially when the Spurs show em a thing or two  :thumbsup:

Ruckus

Congrats fiddle.  That was tough to watch for someone rooting for the Grizz but at least there was no room for complaining.  It was a total beat down.  Clearly the biggest issue was Randolph being a non factor offensively all series.  He had so much trouble with the length and agility of Duncan (and dare I say Splitter) that he should have at least stepped out and launched a few 3s the way he used to, just to soften up the interior Spurs' D.  Nothing motivates an old team like the opportunity to have many days off.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Mahgeetah34

This is absolutely disgusting to watch. Indiana is an excellent team, but Wade and Bosh are absolute trash. Lebron does ALL of the work whether he plays for the Cavaliers or the Heat. I have no idea how he stays so calm without pulling a "Kobe" by calling out all of his teammates. Win or lose, after next season, either Wade and Bosh need to go or Lebron needs to take his talents somewhere with a supporting cast  :angry:

yakeroo

pshh Go Pacers! I love watching them do work over the heat. Hopefully they can pull out the next one over the heat!

Tracy 2112

Quote from: Mahgeetah34 on Jun 01, 2013, 11:23 PM
This is absolutely disgusting to watch. Indiana is an excellent team, but Wade and Bosh are absolute trash. Lebron does ALL of the work whether he plays for the Cavaliers or the Heat. I have no idea how he stays so calm without pulling a "Kobe" by calling out all of his teammates. Win or lose, after next season, either Wade and Bosh need to go or Lebron needs to take his talents somewhere with a supporting cast  :angry:

Kobe won his last 2 titles in LA with less talent than the Heat have. Part of being a super star is being a leader and I don't see it in Lebron. Plus, DWade has twice as many titles as Lebron  and has been in Miami for 10 years, so who is the leader there? I think Lebron is too soft to step up and demand better from DWade, IMO.

manonthemoon

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Jun 02, 2013, 07:30 PM
Quote from: Mahgeetah34 on Jun 01, 2013, 11:23 PM

Kobe won his last 2 titles in LA with less talent than the Heat have. Part of being a super star is being a leader and I don't see it in Lebron. Plus, DWade has twice as many titles as Lebron  and has been in Miami for 10 years, so who is the leader there? I think Lebron is too soft to step up and demand better from DWade, IMO.

pretty much agree with everything there.  Lebron has never been a leader and it took Kobe a long time to get there himself.  I hope the Pacers pull of the upset so we don't have to hear some people try and talk as if Lebron should be in the GOAT talk, not even close and its funny how people forget what real greatness is and I never was a Jordan fan when he was around.
Alive or Just Breathing

yakeroo

Great first quarter. Pacers are going to have to limit those turnovers if they want to win. It looks like the refs are letting them play which is a relief.

yakeroo

Wow at least this WCWS game 1 has been really really good game to watch. Both defenses have been resilient.
Ha, lets go Spurs! Also, not sure how you can say the Heat have no supporting cast after tonight. I thought Wade played outstanding.

Mahgeetah34

What's this?? Yet another Yakeroo bandwagon crashing!!! :cool: :grin: GO HEAT!!!

FiddleCastro

Tracy 2112

conversation between LeBron James and Tim Duncan following the series-clinching Game 4 of the NBA Finals in 2007

All-Access: LeBron James and Tim Duncan

parkervb

Going to be an all-time classic.

How crazy would it be for Duncan/Pop get their 5 title 15 years (or is it 14?) after their first together.  Neither team has anyone who can matchup with the other team's best player (Parker, Bron) so they're gonna go wild. I think this series is way tighter than the Vegas lines indicate but still haven't made my pick.
Don't you ever turn it off

yakeroo

I am hoping the Spurs take it in 5 games that a way I can watch Mahgeetah34 and Lebron crying simultaneously at Bonnaroo on that Sunday while I am rocking out to Tom Petty kind of like a few years ago when the Mavs reigned supreme! Should be a great series.