Dean Wareham solo release produced by Jim James

Started by Waddy Peytona, Feb 18, 2013, 03:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

danz

Can I get a hell yeah?!!!

ps, Dean politely described it as an album him and Jim co-created.

FiddleCastro

I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

headhunter

I agree with Rich.  I really enjoyed Dean's warm up set last night.

was some shakin' and some record playin'

Jaimoe

Crispy

From Brooklyn Vegan (and another thread):

I'm not as knowledgeable of the D&B/Luna/Galaxie 500 catalog as I should be, but I'm guessing there are a couple of new tunes of his there, such as "Heartless People," and maybe "Strange," unless that's "People Are Strange." I'm guessing "Happy and Free" is also not a cover...

At least I could pick out When Will You Come Home, Blue Thunder, and Ceremony by myself.  :rolleyes:
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

e-stone

Quote from: Crispy on Feb 20, 2013, 04:11 PM
From Brooklyn Vegan (and another thread):

I'm not as knowledgeable of the D&B/Luna/Galaxie 500 catalog as I should be, but I'm guessing there are a couple of new tunes of his there, such as "Heartless People," and maybe "Strange," unless that's "People Are Strange." I'm guessing "Happy and Free" is also not a cover...

At least I could pick out When Will You Come Home, Blue Thunder, and Ceremony by myself.  :rolleyes:

"Strange" is off of Galaxie 500's On Fire album.  great song.

edit:  in fact i'm now realizing all of the G5 songs including the "Ceremony" cover are from On Fire.

Crispy

Quote from: e-stone on Feb 20, 2013, 05:29 PM

"Strange" is off of Galaxie 500's On Fire album.  great song.

GAH! /forehead slap/

Thanks  :beer:
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"