Record Store Day 2013

Started by johnnYYac, Mar 01, 2013, 07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnYYac

This year, its on 4/20!

First off, colored vinyl release of The White Stripes - Elephant

"Help us celebrate the 10-year anniversary of the White Stripes breakthrough album Elephant. This limited edition, colored, double LP is available exclusively for Record Store Day 2013 on April 20th. Black vinyl to be available later this year. If you don't already know about the White Stripes, just start here. LP1 is on split-color black and red vinyl, and LP2 is on white vinyl, all housed in a double pocket gatefold, tip on sleeve. It features an MP3 download card, printed inner sleeves and is mastered direct from the original analog source."
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

johnnYYac

johnnYYac

alienlanes

The coolest things I have heard about so far is a vinyl reissue of the only two albums by NYC early 70s trio DUST (with Marky Ramone on drums and future KISS producer Richie Wise on guitar). I have one of their albums already, but I think I might just pick this up anyway.

el_chode

Built To Spill Live Re-Issue will be another one.
I'm surrounded by assholes

Dillsnufus

Gazziza My Dillsnufus

manonthemoon

Quote from: alienlanes on Mar 01, 2013, 11:23 PM
The coolest things I have heard about so far is a vinyl reissue of the only two albums by NYC early 70s trio DUST (with Marky Ramone on drums and future KISS producer Richie Wise on guitar). I have one of their albums already, but I think I might just pick this up anyway.

That is awesome, really dug the stuff I heard from them after hearing the song Suicide that Red Fang covers all of the time.
Alive or Just Breathing

Waddy Peytona

So far, the item I want most isn't even a record. I want one of those sweet Jimi Hendrix posters.

Angelo

Here is a pretty extensive list of announced RSD '13 releases. I've got my eye on a few things, most notably that Justin Townes Earle "Yuma" on Opaque vinyl.

http://new-vinyl.blogspot.com/2013/01/record-store-day-2013rsd-6april-20-2013.html?m=1

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: Angelo on Mar 06, 2013, 10:57 AM
Here is a pretty extensive list of announced RSD '13 releases. I've got my eye on a few things, most notably that Justin Townes Earle "Yuma" on Opaque vinyl.

http://new-vinyl.blogspot.com/2013/01/record-store-day-2013rsd-6april-20-2013.html?m=1

Yeah I want that as well. And At the drive-in "Relationship of Command" and Biggie "Ready to Die" on White Vinyl.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

weeniebeenie

Quote from: Ghosts_on_TV on Mar 06, 2013, 01:57 PM
Quote from: Angelo on Mar 06, 2013, 10:57 AM

Yeah I want that as well. And At the drive-in "Relationship of Command" and Biggie "Ready to Die" on White Vinyl.
Sign me up for that JTE vinyl too. I hope they get it at my record store.
How loud can silence get?

Penny Lane

I want the Jason Isbell/Elizabeth Cook.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

kotchishm

Manchester Orchestra did a split and did a song with both Frightened Rabbit and Grouplove
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

weeniebeenie

Quote from: Penny Lane on Mar 07, 2013, 12:06 PM
I'd love to hear Tecumseh Valley.
How loud can silence get?

headhunter

Quote from: Penny Lane on Mar 07, 2013, 12:06 PM

you can't have it. it's mine!     :shocked:
was some shakin' and some record playin'

Crispy

Not that I really needed the push, but this finally got me to add RSD to my calendar:

A reissue of the Tame Impala EP!

Tame Impala EP Tracklist
A1 Desire Be Desire Go
A2 Skeleton Tiger
A3 Half Full Glass Of Wine
B1 Forty One Mosquitoes Flying In Formation*
B2 Slide Through My Fingers
B3 Wander*

* Bonus tracks, available for the first time on vinyl

Hell, YES.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

BH

Quote from: Crispy on Mar 14, 2013, 08:10 PM

Not that I really needed the push, but this finally got me to add RSD to my calendar:

Tame Impala EP Tracklist
A1 Desire Be Desire Go
A2 Skeleton Tiger
B3 Wander*

Hell, YES.

Saw that.  Me wants.    What a great EP!     Half Full Glass of Wine is such a great song name.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

johnnYYac

Quote from: BH on Mar 14, 2013, 08:49 PM

Tame Impala EP Tracklist
A1 Desire Be Desire Go
A2 Skeleton Tiger
B3 Wander*

Hell, YES.

Saw that.  Me wants.    What a great EP!     Half Full Glass of Wine is such a great song name.
I believe I'm all over this one, too.  Can't get enough of these guys.  Truly bummed I couldn't make the show on Wednesday.  Is this limited?  I can't find any info.

BH

Quote from: johnnYYac on Mar 14, 2013, 11:10 PM

Tame Impala EP Tracklist
A1 Desire Be Desire Go
A2 Skeleton Tiger
B3 Wander*

Hell, YES.

I believe I'm all over this one, too.  Can't get enough of these guys.  Truly bummed I couldn't make the show on Wednesday.  Is this limited?  I can't find any info.

I think it was around the first time MMJ played Austrailia that an someone from that country started a thread about them, and I listened for 10 seconds and knew I had to buy the ep.    I don't even think it was available in the US at the time??   I listened to it that summer over and over and over.  I wish I could remember the name of the forum member who recommended them.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Ruckus

Quote from: BH on Mar 14, 2013, 11:48 PM
Quote from: johnnYYac on Mar 14, 2013, 11:10 PM

Tame Impala EP Tracklist
A1 Desire Be Desire Go
A2 Skeleton Tiger
B3 Wander*

Hell, YES.

I think it was around the first time MMJ played Austrailia that an someone from that country started a thread about them, and I listened for 10 seconds and knew I had to buy the ep.    I don't even think it was available in the US at the time??   I listened to it that summer over and over and over.  I wish I could remember the name of the forum member who recommended them.
was it ali?
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head