Black Rebel Motorcycle Club

Started by Jeff Murray, Mar 12, 2013, 08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Murray

In case any of you haven't seen... Rolling Stone is streaming the new BRMC album Specter at the Feast....  Enjoy!   :beer:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/black-rebel-motorcycle-club-recover-from-loss-on-specter-at-the-feast-album-premiere-20130312
Pretty please with peanut butter pudding surprise on top??

MrWhippy

I did see that!  I got about halfway through the new album and really loved it.  I can't wait to hear the rest of it and then listen again and again.  It's great to have them back. 

Who else is catching their tour in April/May?
My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

Jeff Murray

I'm seeing them down in Nashville in May... I saw them open for KOL I think about 5 years ago at the Tower Theater, they tried to get the crowd into it but they were too cool to appreciate a great opener.  I've been waiting for a chance to see them ever since.

Come Closer

I'm gonna check out the 930 show, liking the new album after a couple of semi-distracted listens.

MrWhippy

Cool.  A few of us will be at the 9:30 Club show as well. 

If it's anything like last time time they played there, earplugs are a really good idea.  That show was insanely loud.  I know seasoned show-goers who were literally driven from the building by the volume of that show.

APR

I saw them open for KOL as well.  I became a bit of a fan that night.  If I'm not too beat after two days at the Shaky Knees festival in Atlanta, then I will be at the 9:30 Club show that Monday night.  Hope to see Mr. Whippy and Oistheones there.

Thanks for the new album link  Mr. Murray.  I'll check it out.  I really liked the single they released.  You can get a download code by going to BRMC's website.

MrWhippy

I'm just finishing up listening to the new album stream, and I'm seriously blown away by the new record.  Definitely my favorite record of the year so far.

MrWhippy

Fully

I like this! I really want to go see them, but they are the night before the Nashville Jim show and then I'm going to Shaky Knees. I'm considering dropping out of Shaky Knees though.

dmooney99

Huge BRMC fan, seen them 6 times (first time was in '04).  When i first listened to it I thought it was pretty good, but after giving it a few more listens I like it a lot!  Can't wait to see them again in May.

Fully

I saw them at The Ryman open for KOL. I loved loved lloved them even though I had never heard them before and didn't know any of the songs. They move in and out of rotation, but I'm very stoked about this new album.

dmooney99

I think their US tour started the other night in CA.  Anyone go? Looking forward to the May 5th show in philly.  Love these guys.

Video for "Let The Day Begin" is really good, IMO

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Let the Day Begin

Penny Lane

Quote from: dmooney99 on Apr 25, 2013, 07:27 PM
I think their US tour started the other night in CA.  Anyone go? Looking forward to the May 5th show in philly.  Love these guys.

totally forgot they had a new album! this is great! thanks..
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

dmooney99

Quote from: Penny Lane on Apr 25, 2013, 10:02 PM
Quote from: dmooney99 on Apr 25, 2013, 07:27 PM

totally forgot they had a new album! this is great! thanks..
you going to any of their shows?

MrWhippy

APR and I caught the show at the 9:30 Club in DC last night and it was great. 

I love the new album, and many of those songs were the highlights of the show to me.  Also a nice mix of older stuff, with a few unexpected song choices. 

The amount of sound that those three people put out always amazes me, and Peter Hayes seemed particularly on fire and inspired last night on guitar. 

Anyone else catching them on this tour?

Jeff Murray

I caught the Nashville show and it was very good.  Had two great openers too, Plowboy and Bass Drums of Death, they were excellent choices to get the crowd warmed up for BRMC in my opinion.  I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of older material they played as well, mixed well with the new album.  Sound was great at the Cannery, I stayed back near the soundboard for most of the show and then went off the the side for the the end.  Since it wasn't sold out like Jim James it wasn't bad amongst the crowds, could easily move about and find a decent spot until someone taller stopped in front of you.  I was glad I came in a day early to see this show.

APR

Very good show from a great spot in the venue last night.  Thanks to Mr. Whippy for recommending the upstairs rail as I've never seen a 9:30 Club show from that spot.  Bring earplugs if you see them..... they are loud.

dmooney99

caught the philly show on cinco de mayo.  Bass Drum Of Death opened and i dug them a lot.  BRMC came on and was pretty spot on.  Only real problem I had was the sound was pretty bad.  Other than that real good.

Jeff Murray

Just saw they are playing Rams Head in Baltimore on 10/2... Thinking about this one...

MrWhippy

Quote from: Jeff Murray on Aug 01, 2013, 06:12 PM
Just saw they are playing Rams Head in Baltimore on 10/2... Thinking about this one...

A buddy and I are definitely going to the Ram's Head show on 10/2.  Let me know if you end up going as well.

Many months after the release of their new album I still really love it, and am very excited about catching another show.