Help pick the next "Chocolate and Ice" EP pressing colors!!!

Started by johnnYYac, Mar 15, 2013, 07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnYYac

Our pal at Badman Records (not sure if he's from California), Dylan, has offered to let the fine forum choose the colors that will go into the next splatter run of "Chocolate and Ice"!

We haven't finalized the details, but he needs to place his order on Monday, so I'd like to limit input to end by 5pm EST Sunday, March 17, 2013.  I'll send Dylan the link to this thread and try to keep a tally as well.  He'll make the final call.

The last run was on ultra-clear, one of my favorites, but its been done.  I have a link to the color choices, or see below.  I'm also including a link to color configurations (or see below), though Dylan didn't include this in his email, so it may not be an option.  Still, if you have an opinion as to color configuration and color choices, submit it here and I'll pass it along.

Here's Dylan's original email:

Hey John,

Badman is going to do another run of Chocolate and Ice on LP.  It will be a similar splatter pattern to what our last run was.  Though I'd like to pick some new colors.  Do you want to put in your two cents or throw it out to the forum and give me the overall feedback?  I am going to place the order on Monday.   We can choose any solid color and up to two splatter colors.  We did brown splatter over ultra clear on the last run.  Here are the color choices:  http://www.piratespress.com/cms/vinyl-records/vinyl-size-shape-options/colored-vinyl

Cheers,

Dylan
Badman

COLOR CHOICES  click to enlarge

COLOR CONFIGURATIONS  click to enlarge
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

johnnYYac

I'll get this ball rollin'...

Hmmm.

I like the heavy splatter of Deep Purple and White w/Silver opaque.

sweatboard

There's Still Time.........

Crispy

So that pressing that looked like shit and pee was more accurate than I thought: Dookie Brown and Piss Yellow! Yeah, let's not do that again.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

johnnYYac

Quote from: Crispy on Mar 15, 2013, 08:19 PM
So that pressing that looked like shit and pee was more accurate than I thought: Dookie Brown and Piss Yellow! Yeah, let's not do that again.
Ok, Mr. Negative, what's your solution?

scosby2

this makes my head hurt...hmmmmmmmmmm...ill get back to ya

Crispy

Quote from: johnnYYac on Mar 15, 2013, 08:27 PM
Quote from: Crispy on Mar 15, 2013, 08:19 PM
Ok, Mr. Negative, what's your solution?

I like your idea of the heavy splatter with the purple and silver! I might also enjoy a nice silver splatter on orange crush transparent.

Oh, and yes, I did need a third copy of C&I.  :thumbsup:
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

scosby2

i really like that heavy splatter on opaque...not sure about the colors though

johnnYYac

e_wind

I vote they repress in the blue or brown that has previously been done. I don't wanna keep buying different colors
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

scosby2

i think it's pretty cool to have a "forum picked" record...i only have the original piss and shit C&I so I'll get this one and that will do it for me

robb

an icy blue splatter would be cool. my brown one sounds awful
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

subinai

highlighter yellow and kelly green with A side/B side transparent colors reminds me of the cold lightning with the bugs in my hair

ericm

"Where's Jim going?"

Crispy

Quote from: robb on Mar 15, 2013, 08:48 PM
an icy blue splatter would be cool. my brown one sounds awful

That poopy-pee pressing does sound like somebody did both of those things on the master. Later pressings sound great, and maybe this new one could be even better?

Hey ewind, you don't have to buy it.  :tongue:   :wink:

scosby2

the highlighter yellow and green sounds awesome!!!!!

scosby2

highlighter yellow splatter on kelly green opaque...definitely like the lightning bug idea

JaneCool

If I understand this correctly... half and half w/splatter using #7 and P14
So, I do believe.....

Mr. White

I like the Heavy Splatter a lot, and Cyan Blue and Grimace Purple are pretty cool too.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

subinai

i gotta hand it to the badman from california for this idea. how else are you going to get a bunch of rabid fans/vinyl nerds to buy something they already 2-4 copies of? that said, sign me up.