Help pick the next "Chocolate and Ice" EP pressing colors!!!

Started by johnnYYac, Mar 15, 2013, 07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shakermaker05

Ok thanks, can't wait to see the final product.  I'll be stopping by here to keep an eye out for the release date. 

Cheers.
My Morning Jacket: 2003-Cleveland, OH
My Morning Jacket: 2005-Cleveland, OH

johnnYYac

Hot off the presses and the best one yet! Hope it sounds better, too!

Thanks to Dylan and Badman records for letting the forum help in the design!

1000 made.  Get 'em here.  $16.99, shipping included.

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

BH

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jun 01, 2013, 10:46 AM
Hot off the presses and the best one yet.  Hope it sounds better, too!

that's beautiful.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Crispy

Woohoo! Do we know whose suggestion (or blend of suggestions) they used? I don't feel like parsing that list.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

johnnYYac

Quote from: Crispy on Jun 01, 2013, 12:58 PM
Woohoo! Do we know whose suggestion (or blend of suggestions) they used? I don't feel like parsing that list.
Dylan didn't seem to want to suggest any one or two people led to the final design.  I see a lot of different suggestions in the final product, plus some changes to make the final look work. 

This new splatter design is described as, "transparent purple and blue mixed with opaque purple and blue over milky clear."  The only forum member to suggest milky clear was ManNamedTruth.  Those who mentioned splatter colors of blue and purple include searchinbig, weeniebeenie, Mr. White, johnnYYac, and robb.

justbcuzido

I just ordered mine. Cheers to everyone for their suggestions!
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

weeniebeenie

Are they sold out already? The site's not letting me buy one. Or is it just a problem with international shipping?
How loud can silence get?

johnnYYac

Quote from: weeniebeenie on Jun 03, 2013, 02:05 AM
Are they sold out already? The site's not letting me buy one. Or is it just a problem with international shipping?
I doubt it.  Contact Dylan if you're still having trouble...

dylan@badmanrecordingco.com

searchinbig

Thanks for the heads up Mr. Yac!  :thumbsup:

They look awesome, most definitely will be cooler in hand.

Remember to take them out of the plastic when you get them!
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

weeniebeenie

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jun 03, 2013, 06:53 AM
Quote from: weeniebeenie on Jun 03, 2013, 02:05 AM
I doubt it.  Contact Dylan if you're still having trouble...

dylan@badmanrecordingco.com
Thanks Johnny. Will do.
How loud can silence get?

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jun 01, 2013, 01:16 PM
Quote from: Crispy on Jun 01, 2013, 12:58 PM
Dylan didn't seem to want to suggest any one or two people led to the final design.  I see a lot of different suggestions in the final product, plus some changes to make the final look work. 

This new splatter design is described as, "transparent purple and blue mixed with opaque purple and blue over milky clear."  The only forum member to suggest milky clear was ManNamedTruth.  Those who mentioned splatter colors of blue and purple include searchinbig, weeniebeenie, Mr. White, johnnYYac, and robb.

I was just trying to come up with a perverted sounding suggestion, didn't think they'd use it.  :thumbsup:
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

Mr. White

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jun 01, 2013, 10:46 AM
Hot off the presses and the best one yet! Hope it sounds better, too!

I kept putting off buying this (my wife thinks I spend too much on MORE AND MORE MUSIC, and I didn't want it to come in the mail), so I jumped on the chance when I found one at Matt Anthony's Record Shop. I was there looking for At Dawn on vinyl, but he didn't have any. Then, he pulled out two copies of this new pressing of Chocolate and Ice. One was reserved for somebody else, and the one I got had a little chip on the lead-in edge. The chip wasn't large enough to reach the first track, so Matt gave me a deal. He sold it to me for $8. I've already given it a listen and think it sounds wonderful!
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011