MMJ/Jim b-sides and stuff

Started by e_wind, Mar 20, 2013, 03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

e_wind

I'm trying to make a CD for someone who loves the jacket, but heard TIWCWY for the first time yesterday. It made me think that there is a lot they dont know about. I'm making one 80minute CD. Which songs should be included? This is my list, but I dont wanna forget anything important. These will all fit, too. CBB, DPB, and the likes wont be included, for obvious reasons

1. How Could I Know
2. Can You See The Hard Helmet
3. I Won't Cry
4. Sunrides/I Will Be There
5. Lil Billy
6. Sweetheart
7. Friends Again
8. Sooner
9. Dear Wife
10. El Caporal
11. Welcome Home
12. Chills
13. RIPVG
14. I Just Wanted To Say
15. How Do You Know
16. Holy
17. TIW2CWY
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Fully

Eric, for whatever reason my brain isn't reading the acronym that your friend heard the first time. Also, feel free to upload this somewhere and provide us with a link. It sounds like an awesome mix.

johnnYYac

Tonight I Want To Celebrate With You

Took me a minute, too.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Fully

Thanks, Yaceroni. I've been learning too many acronyms at work like Parcc and ELA and AOM, and I don't know what else. I prefer these acronyms instead. They have something pleasant attached to them.

ManNamedTruth

If they haven't heard Ch. 1 or 2 and had to choose one song, gotta add Weeks Go By Like Days. Maybe the studio version of O from the split as well.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

ManNamedTruth

Couple more - Where To Begin, and Same in any Language.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

robb

come closer. am I not seeing it or how hadn't that been mentioned yet?
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

e_wind

Damn it I forgot O. Good thing I asked. I'm gonna have to add a couple of these

searchinbig

Glad you brought this topic up. I started ( for my own reasons) a series of compilation cd's I named MMJ Singles and Rarities. These include any MMJ or JJ singles, etc. I thought it might be a cd or two but now I'm on my 5th compilation cd. These only include two or three of what you have listed here.  I did not include the releases like The Palms or any album releases, Hard Helmet, or the 70 plus covers! etc. Well maybe a few covers. (not in front of my computer now. SHHH!)
Amazing the amount of music there is. Took me quite some time to track it all down, and still looking for more. PM me if you are interested in the lists (some stuff may not be appropriate  :wink:)   Also hard to tell what your friend may or may not like.
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

CountSA

I've got a b-sides section on my ipod, here is what is on it (excuse repeats previously listed, some just JJ guest appearnce):

All the Best
Carnival Time
Chills
Devil's Peanut Butter
El Caporal
Friends Again
Goin' to Acapulco
Grab a Body
It Makes No Difference
Lullabys, Legends & Lies
Mamama
Octoplasm
Our World
Re-Wetting Drops
True Love Ways
Where to Begin
You're a Big Girl Now

And Blue Moon, and Same in Any Language, which I used to have on here but apparently lost it, so if anyone wants to send me a link to them...

e_wind

Forgot about Re-Wettings Drops ha. I don't have True Love Ways or the green album thing, I don't think

e_wind

But also I'm not including covers there's too much original

mcredder

What is Devil's Peanut Butter?

Fully

Something we aren't supposed to have or talk about.....

vespachick

My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

Crispy

Quote from: vespachick on Mar 22, 2013, 05:03 PM
Quote from: mcredder on Mar 22, 2013, 12:56 PM

AAAAAGGGGHHHHHHH

I just recently got addicted to this stuff, now that they put 48 hazelnuts in every jar rather than the 50+ they used to. As I said elsewhere: they're fucking me on the hazelnuts, which is obviously the reason I buy it, not because it's chocolate frosting that can be spread on toast and called breakfast.

"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: Crispy on Mar 22, 2013, 05:08 PM
Quote from: vespachick on Mar 22, 2013, 05:03 PM
Quote from: mcredder on Mar 22, 2013, 12:56 PM

AAAAAGGGGHHHHHHH

I just recently got addicted to this stuff, now that they put 48 hazelnuts in every jar rather than the 50+ they used to. As I said elsewhere: they're fucking me on the hazelnuts, which is obviously the reason I buy it, not because it's chocolate frosting that can be spread on toast and called breakfast.

This is horrible! The Nutella people are clearly out of their minds. Do we go on a strike or how do we solve this? :huh:
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

voxware

I'm wondering if there's a way I can get some of these rare songs like Devil's Peanut Butter especially.  I started making a playlist of a lot of the b-sides today and I'd love to collect as much as I can.  I actually made one months ago of all the b-sides but right now I'm focusing on making something thats about the length of an album in order to trim the fat.  My gmail is ohmimpotence@gmail.com thanks

mgobugsy

Devil's Peanut Butter :cool:

I can't find this one anywhere for download or purchase. :cry:  Anyone have a working URL?

Many, many thanks. :thumbsup: