Hey Poster Peeps! I need help...

Started by johnnYYac, Apr 01, 2013, 06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnYYac

I ordered a couple of Reno MMJ prints from Lone Star Posters in Houston, TX back in late November of last year.  I did not receive an email confirming the order, though the PayPal transaction went through.  He did respond to an email, saying the posters had shipped.  That was about 4 months ago.  I have emailed, called, and sent a letter by something called the... um, post office (?) to no avail.

:embarrassed: :cry: :undecided: :angry:

Does anyone know this guy, this company?  Am I gonna eat $72?  I'm pretty bummed, as these were the last two prints to complete my Reno MMJ collection...

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

johnnYYac

Anyone in the Houston area want to pay him a visit on my behalf?

John Anderson
Lone Star Posters
4901 Milwee St STE 206
Houston, TX 77092
PH 713.688.8866

Clint Reno seems to know this guy.  When I first saw Clint was selling these two prints, I ordered them from him for over $100.  Then I saw Lone Star had them for less and Clint was willing to refund the money and defer to Lone Star.  Now, I wish I had kept to my original order with Reno, but I'm kinda hoping Lone Star will give me back my fucking money!

johnnYYac

I'm not a violent man, and even though I used to work for the mafia ("true" story; I'll share sometime), I want this to end peacefully, and would love to just get my Reno prints, dammit!

bschulze1726

i had issues with him a few months ago.  I ordered the columbus print from him and never received any confirmation from him.  I called and emailed, but to no avail.  i was able to get my money back from the transaction and I ordered directly from reno.  at the time he had a couple available. 

i hope it works out for you.

Crayton09

That's sucks Johnny. Just curious though, do you have the Reno Houston 2011 poster? It got shipped to the wrong address and he only had a few left so it was pretty pricey, but I love it

johnnYYac

PayPal seems useless. Since I posted a claim after the 45 day period, looks like I'm done.

EverythingChanges

I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

johnnYYac

Quote from: EverythingChanges on Apr 01, 2013, 09:26 PM
The Mafia?  :shocked:
Its a long story, but I was paid by the mafia working an Italian restaurant in Kittery, ME that was laundering money from a prostitution operation downstairs.  I was in a tuxedo serving $50 lunches and $200 bottles of wine while guys from all over New York and New England would arrive in their Ferraris and head down to the Danish Health Spa.  I became floor manager of the restaurant when the girl who had that job quit, after she saw our boss, Leo Manzoli, receive an Uzi submachine gun from some guy in a trenchcoat at the bar (true story!).  I was just running the waitstaff and bar, hauling in some mad tips, but caught the owner's wife, Mary Ann, creating false guest checks to cover for the cash from the chicks downstairs.  At the time, no joke, I was dating a girl named Abby Rhodes.  She loved the Beatles, go figure.  Anyway, years later Leo gets pinched by the FBI for trying to bribe the then-mayor of Peobody, MA to get permits to build strip clubs on Route 1 north of Boston.  Margoulis was now a US Congressman, so Manzoli was trying to give up the congressman for immunity from tax evasion.  It was a fun year.  Helped drive me outta New England and down to North Carolina, where I got me a career and a woman.  The end.

bluesky

Quote from: johnnYYac on Apr 01, 2013, 11:25 PM
Its a long story, but I was paid by the mafia working an Italian restaurant in Kittery, ME that was laundering money from a prostitution operation downstairs.  I was in a tuxedo serving $50 lunches and $200 bottles of wine while guys from all over New York and New England would arrive in their Ferraris and head down to the Danish Health Spa.  I became floor manager of the restaurant when the girl who had that job quit, after she saw our boss, Leo Manzoli, receive an Uzi submachine gun from some guy in a trenchcoat at the bar (true story!).  I was just running the waitstaff and bar, hauling in some mad tips, but caught the owner's wife, Mary Ann, creating false guest checks to cover for the cash from the chicks downstairs.  At the time, no joke, I was dating a girl named Abby Rhodes.  She loved the Beatles, go figure.  Anyway, years later Leo gets pinched by the FBI for trying to bribe the then-mayor of Peobody, MA to get permits to build strip clubs on Route 1 north of Boston.  Margoulis was now a US Congressman, so Manzoli was trying to give up the congressman for immunity from tax evasion.  It was a fun year.  Helped drive me outta New England and down to North Carolina, where I got me a career and a woman.  The end.

you April fooling Yacman?

johnnYYac

Haha. No, it's a true story. I didn't fully understand what was going on for some time and left soon after. I later read that the restaurant closed but the "health spa" kept going until police shut it down. I believe Manzoli and his wife are no longer with us. From what I could gather, Manzoli was small time and forced to work these small towns. He stopped coming by Marcello's, convinced someone was coming for him. It was surreal.

bluesky

APR

Not cool about being stiffed by Lone Star Posters.  Is it too late to protest the charge on your credit card (if your paypal is set up that way)?

On the other hand, pretty crazy work experience for you.  Just thought of the scene in Goodfellas when Joe Pesci was shooting at Spider's feet yelling at him dance.  Good thing you had a higher position than Spider.

walterfredo

Wow, just seeing this yac, very surprised. I've dealt with John on numerous occasions, albeit not in the past couple of years, and have never had an issue. I feel awful... considering I'm the one who pointed you in his direction.

robb

Quote from: johnnYYac on Apr 01, 2013, 11:25 PM

anybody ever tell you to get your fuckin' shinebox?
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.