"One Big Holiday" in MEXICO!!

Started by parkervb, Jun 11, 2013, 01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

given2jacket

Yah, I guess that's my point.  If the show goes on w/ a subpar resort we should get money back or at least the option to cancel.  Because it is not what we signed up for.

mgobugsy

Quote from: unravelled on Dec 07, 2013, 08:59 PM
Would really appreciate a representative of the band officially commenting on this.

Ground Ctrl to Major Tom....

Woldie

Forgive me if this was mentioned elsewhere and I just missed it, but has anyone chatted with Cloud 9 about these hotel concerns?
"The owls are not what they seem."

TheDark

Hard Rock will have that place spotless and ready to go for the Cloud 9 events. If they don't and have pissed off customers, they will risk losing future Cloud 9 and other music business in the future. I just need a clean room, good food, booze, and oh yes MMJ. Stay positive people!  :thumbsup:

gluvmiller

Quote from: Woldie on Dec 09, 2013, 07:11 PM
Forgive me if this was mentioned elsewhere and I just missed it, but has anyone chatted with Cloud 9 about these hotel concerns?

I joined a private group on Facebook for Furthur's Paradise Waits which is the week before OBH. I wanted to see if they were concerned over the resort conditions as much as we are and boy are they. Quite a few in that group have been calling Cloud9 voicing their concerns. In fact if you go to one of Cloud9's websites for any of the excursions whether it be OBH, Paradise Waits or Panic en la Playa, you can longer have a live chat with a Cloud9 representative. I'm under the impression they are getting crushed with concerns by those attending any of the 3 excursions scheduled at the Hard Rock in Playa. In our favor iis that Paradise Waits is sold out and following this private group, 80% of the posts are people groveling to be added to the excursion. Plus it is based around a band that has a HUGE amount of leverage within the music touring world. With this the week before OBH, I feel rather confident we'll not experience what we've read on trip advisor.

given2jacket

Thanks for the info.

My concern is if the resort can't be finished in time - it can't be finished in time!  From the sound of complaints, they have lots of people working very hard over there.  That doesn't mean they will get done even if the President is visiting. 

I'm sure we will hear from Cloud 9 in the near future.  They have to at the very least offer full refunds if the resort is not complete.

e_wind

sounds to me like no matter what anyone says you won't be happy
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

ItBeats4Jew

Quote from: given2jacket on Dec 10, 2013, 10:24 AM
Thanks for the info.

My concern is if the resort can't be finished in time - it can't be finished in time!  From the sound of complaints, they have lots of people working very hard over there.  That doesn't mean they will get done even if the President is visiting. 

I'm sure we will hear from Cloud 9 in the near future.  They have to at the very least offer full refunds if the resort is not complete.

I wouldn't hold your breath looking for a full refund if you show up at the event.  I'd say your chances are slim of getting any refund unless you purchased travel insurance.  And look, not all reviews are bad: http://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowUserReviews-g153510-d209429-r186567244-Aventura_Spa_Palace-Puerto_Aventuras_Yucatan_Peninsula.html#CHECK_RATES_CONT
what Madonna said really helped

rincon2

Quote from: ItBeats4Jew on Dec 10, 2013, 06:50 PM
Quote from: given2jacket on Dec 10, 2013, 10:24 AM
Thanks for the info.

I wouldn't hold your breath looking for a full refund if you show up at the event.  I'd say your chances are slim of getting any refund unless you purchased travel insurance.  And look, not all reviews are bad: http://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowUserReviews-g153510-d209429-r186567244-Aventura_Spa_Palace-Puerto_Aventuras_Yucatan_Peninsula.html#CHECK_RATES_CONT
I am not particularly pessimistic about the whole thing, but that first review by Jody M. looks like a marketing post. Regardless of the conditions, it should be finished by the time we go. I can live with a bit of inconvenience, but it is pretty unprofessional, considering the cost.

e_wind

I'm not pessamistic at all about this. 6 weeks is a long time. So even if its not perfect, it will be 6 weeks worth of work better than it is now.  :cool:

Bulldog

All,

Just to share some info I was given today via e-mail. I had sent off a note to the Hard Rock  based on the same reviews everyone else was reading and actually DID get a human response....There are portions of it that I have some concern over, but by and large I think it expresses what most people have already come to realize, that while chances are good it wont be "finished" it wil be damm close and with back to back weeks of shows I dont think they are in a position to allow it to fail altogether.

See below for a copy and paste to the e-mail I got today. The one interesting thing was looking at the Facebook photos as the Instagram ones are rather canned in comparison.

Thank you for contact us. We appreciate you bring this matter to our attention as it gives us the opportunity to address your concerns.
Allow me to share with you some updates about our resort; We are excited as we are in the final stage of our transition; while there are some transformation works going on at this very moment on one building and rock shop in heaven side they are on the final detailing and décor works prior to opening. About the Heaven nightclub, Bar & Lounge we expect these venues to be ready somewhere between the 1st quarter of the year in 2014, nonetheless, the rest of the resort is ready to rock! All of our restaurants are open (Frida, Pizzeto, Ipanema, Zen, Float, Toro, Le Petit Cochon terrace, Cava Roja, Dive, Zen 2 go) Ciao is almost ready as it awaits some kitchenware that will arrive in a few days, our pools and beaches are fully operational, same as the rock shop in Hacienda, sun bar, martini bar, dive bar, zen 2 go, etc.
Really depends much on the dates of your visit, as the works run on a fast pace, there are new exciting things finished every day.
We are confident you are going to love our resort once you arrive, if you want to see more about the new look on our rooms and restaurants, beaches and more, come and check out our social media pages in which you can find the most updated info and images. To visit them click on the links below
https://www.facebook.com/hrhrivieramaya
http://instagram.com/hrhrivieramaya

PS: To ease your mind, I am attaching some pictures taken this week at the hotel.

The stage is set, this is the second call. Be ready to see the show!
We look forward to welcome you.
Rock on!

CANCUN · VALLARTA

RIVIERA MAYA

given2jacket

Quote from: e_wind on Dec 10, 2013, 06:08 PM

sounds to me like you're a...

in other news, when i said refund, i meant if we did not go obviously.   you can't offer an event and have it be a war zone and pretend like you lived up to your end of the bargain. 

Angelo

I really need to go to this. Anyone ever try to get a passport in less than 14 days? Can anyone offer any advice?

I'm getting married the day before this and can't thing of a better honeymoon.

given2jacket

My only issue with the official resort reply is based on at least 2 dozen reviews, they are flat out liars.  I trust Cloud 9 but not the resort.

given2jacket

Quote from: Angelo on Dec 10, 2013, 10:49 PM
I really need to go to this. Anyone ever try to get a passport in less than 14 days? Can anyone offer any advice?

I'm getting married the day before this and can't thing of a better honeymoon.

It can be done...just google it.  Costs 2-3x as much money but you can get a passport in as little as 2-3 days.

Bulldog

Quote from: given2jacket on Dec 10, 2013, 10:52 PM
My only issue with the official resort reply is based on at least 2 dozen reviews, they are flat out liars.  I trust Cloud 9 but not the resort.

Lies? nahhhh just embellishing on the truth a bit....

e_wind

Quote from: given2jacket on Dec 10, 2013, 10:37 PM

in other news, when i said refund, i meant if we did not go obviously.   you can't offer an event and have it be a war zone and pretend like you lived up to your end of the bargain.

I'm a what? I'm an asshole because you wanna come in here and shit on every bodies excitement? You bitching about something on a fucking band website is not going to get you any results. why don't you quit being a drama queen and do something if you're so concerned. Your ploy to create an angry mob is obviously not working.

rincon2

Quote from: e_wind on Dec 10, 2013, 11:25 PM
Quote from: given2jacket on Dec 10, 2013, 10:37 PM

I'm a what? I'm an asshole because you wanna come in here and shit on every bodies excitement? You bitching about something on a fucking band website is not going to get you any results. why don't you quit being a drama queen and do something if you're so concerned. Your ploy to create an angry mob is obviously not working.
Ewind, take a fuckin chill pill. I'll buy you all the drinks you want in Mexico.

johnnYYac

Quote from: rincon2 on Dec 11, 2013, 01:22 AM
Ewind, take a fuckin chill pill. I'll buy you all the drinks you want in Mexico.
Careful!  That could be a lot of drinks!  :grin: :beer: :cheesy:
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

johnnYYac

I must say, as one of many who cannot make this happen, I have stayed away from most OBH threads cause it just hurts so much.  To see all the worry and negativity is unfortunate.  It is a lot of money, for sure, but the mere fact that you might have the time, money, and opportunity to do this should make you the happiest people on the face of the earth!  Be positive and make this great.  MMJ will do their part, there will be plenty of good to outweigh the bad.  I've been in bad situations before, but its the reactions of some people that make bad much much worse.  I know most of the people from this forum on that roll call thread and they will do their part.  Anyway, I hope you guys have a great time!
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.