"One Big Holiday" in MEXICO!!

Started by parkervb, Jun 11, 2013, 01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Come Closer

Quote from: APR on Jan 31, 2014, 03:55 PM
All three nights had some incredible batches of 4 or 5 consecutive songs.  Night three had the hardest rocking Dondante I've ever heard.  Picture of You was a highlight and not because it's rarely played, but because it was simply awesome.  The jam at the end WOW.  The last several songs of night 3 weren't particularly rare  or special for those of us who have seen MMJ a lot, but they were a ton of fun and well placed in the show.  Well Dancefloors and Highly Suspicious were pretty special with the Pres Hall Jazz Band horns in the mix.  I gotta say the sound was perfect every night and for every band.  They nailed the mix down just right.

Agree on all fronts. Night 3 might have been my least favorite show, but Dondante was off the hinges. Dancefloors was tasty too. As some others are saying, night 2 was the most memorable for me also.

63schoefflin

Quote from: adamfortune on Jan 31, 2014, 07:05 PM
One of the best weeks of my life!  Amazing!  That cover of "Dear Prudence" with Bob was one of the coolest things I've ever seen!  The set lists were unbelievable and got better each night, which didn't seem possible

Definitely the best week of my life. Obviously the shows were just unreal, but even little things like 5:30am room service sitting in the hot tub to the music selection by the pool every day (tons of live Pearl Jam, Ryan Adams, MMJ) made me feel like they just took my iPod and used it. And let's talk about the drink service during the shows... If they had people walking around in GA with beers here in the states That would be awesome.
And yeah I forgot they have the Phish mgt people now. And as for quality, their mp3 'a sound as good as any other but you can wait and get the physical cd later on if you are into that. Exciting news for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rizzos Girl

Quote from: ericm on Jan 31, 2014, 09:10 PM
Glad to hear everyone had a blast, but glow stick throws?  Really?  :shocked:

What's next, beach balls?

There was a beach ball too....

Rizzos Girl

Quote from: Non Sin Breaux on Jan 30, 2014, 10:39 PM
If this is made into a DVD I think I would watch it twice a month. I would make people that come over watch it with me. I would even buy 5 plus copies and send them out as Xmas gifts. Then make those people watch it and ask questions about it.

I'm such a difficult person.

Dude were you there?  If you were how did we not see you???!

adastra

The longtime manager has formed a partnership with a rather large company that happens to also be affiliated with phish. This is far from being managed by the same folks as phish. Greater resources but the same team, for the record. And the whole bootleg thing is still very much in the process of refinement and will streamline and improve. Phish has a bigger audience and infrastructure and budget and thuos can approach it in a different way, but MMJ is very excited about the future of their live releases and everyone is going to keep striving to make it as great as the music deserves. The feedback here does not go unnoticed tho;)

Penny Lane

Quote from: kintante5 on Jan 30, 2014, 11:23 PM
Did they band say they'd be back next year or sources at the resort?

I've heard from multiple sources that they want to but nothing booked yet --might be different location, or different hotel. Heard the first day from a Cloud 9 higher up more like every two years..who knows. It was incredible.  Would do it again if I can afford it.. And even if I can't.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

bartel

Every 2 years would make more sense similar to Wilcos solid sound festival

themarsvolta

Too much to say...

Here's some things:

To Anthony and Correy (sic) from Philly, my wife and I thought it was awesome meeting you guys and I'll never forget hearing my name being called as we walked up on Night 3, and hooking up our buzz for the last show! Was so cool.

The biggest raindrops that have every plopped on my noggin at such a melodic rate. Was such a surreal experience. It was like it was an affect for the show. The same night, a shooting star dives straight down toward the stage. I just shook my head and smiled.

...I was planning on shooting and sharing one tune from each night... But night three was so connected with where we were at that I never even gave it a thought. It was that great to us!

I need to let the rest set in.

@@

themarsvolta

Oh yeah... we left without ever verifying with Cloud 9 or remembering to ask people we met what the deal with the audio of the shows was going to be. Any info would be much appreciated.  :wink:

@@

63schoefflin

Ha.... Anthony "A-Rod" from Philly. I need to grab a damn bear suit and start holding it down like you.

Ruckus

Just a HUGE thank you to MMJ for an incredible 3 shows!  Wow!  :thumbsup:
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Fully

Quote from: adastra on Jan 31, 2014, 05:56 PM
It takes time because the band chooses to have it properly mixed for the format, rather than rushing out a straight board mix. Want quality? Gotta be patient.
Here's your answer people. Thanks, Adastra.

Winterland

Quote from: justbcuzido on Jan 30, 2014, 09:30 PM
Quote from: Non Sin Breaux on Jan 28, 2014, 07:12 PM
Would love to see all 3 of the shows into a DVD/BluRay format, I know it's not gonna happen but I would still pay alot of money to make it happen.

I talked to one of the main photographers at Cloud 9, and he said the band was filming everything professionally themselves. It would make a lot of sense to release it.

First off, they haven't done a live DVD in some time (new material). Second, releasing this would be the best promotion for doing OBH in the future. Third, the fact that they have new management representing them says a lot to me. I would think their new management would want them to get more exposure and rake in some cash.

I just hope it does get released as a new DVD. Would be amazing!

I'm already having Jacket withdrawls!

This would be cool, but I didn't see any evidence of cameras there. Hope I'm wrong though.

MrWhippy

Not much more to say about this that hasn't been said, but as awesome as it sounded on paper, it somehow managed to be even more awesome in execution. 

To me, though, that gets at the heart of why I'm such a rabid MMJ fan - the ante keeps getting upped. 

I loved all three shows, but night two took the cake for me and is right up there on my favorite shows ever list.  The entire first set felt like a gift to the the hardcores/obsessed among us.

When it comes time to do this again, I sincerely hope the location remains the same.  Why mess with perfection, and that was what the resort was for this.  From the venue for the shows, the hotel grounds, the amazing staff, it really is hard to imagine that all being better or finding somewhere else better suited for the event.
My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

rusty95

Quote from: rincon2 on Jan 31, 2014, 12:54 PM
Last song night one. The wind was steady off the ocean, about 73 degree, and perfect. Next shows the wind was different, but never a problem.
DSCN0087

I just threw up in my mouth a little...I hate all of you!!!! :grin:
Y'all got any disco ball back there?

alienlanes

I had a lot of people asking me if I enjoyed myself at the shows, since my wife (LeanneP) is the diehard MMJ fan in this relationship.

I thought all three shows were excellent, but can't decide which one was best. I am just considering them all to be one big show, and that it is the best MMJ show I've seen since I saw them at Lee's Palace in Toronto back around 2003.

Can we do this again next year?

:drum:

ditty

I don't know what I can add at this point, but I feel it's important to reiterate what has been articulated by so many.  This was the best time of my wife and I's life.  Thank you Hard Rock Hotel for the fabulous service, great meals & drinks and very nice hotel.  Thank you to Mother Nature for the AWESOME weather and Caribbean beauty.  Thank you to old friends for the time to get reacquainted and all the new great friends we met. THANK YOU My Morning Jacket for dedicating your time and Cloud 9, for truly putting us on "Cloud 9".
100204 102305 112506 80711 71412 7050613 OBH14151718 6232415 71815 5121316 52616 62217 81017 8020319

alienlanes

How good was that Mexican restaurant "Frida" at the Hard Rock?!?

Seriously the best food I had there all week. It even beat the Brazilian meat place (which also was great).

Only real disappointments was the Asian food restaurant (their pad thai was embarrassingly small) and the Tapas restaurant.

SpaceWrangler

Quote from: alienlanes on Feb 01, 2014, 12:58 PM
How good was that Mexican restaurant "Frida" at the Hard Rock?!?

Seriously the best food I had there all week. It even beat the Brazilian meat place (which also was great).

Only real disappointments was the Asian food restaurant (their pad thai was embarrassingly small) and the Tapas restaurant.

Frida was ba-ba-bana-nanas compared to the others (sorry, I'm gonna say "ba ba bananas nanas" every chance i get). Other than that, food in general left a lot to be desired, but I seriously cannot complain.
The Fact That My Heart's Beating IS ALL THE PROOF YOU NEED

63schoefflin

It's really hard to complain about scarfing down a steak sandwich, tequila, quesadillas and a Caesar salad at 5:15am.