"One Big Holiday" in MEXICO!!

Started by parkervb, Jun 11, 2013, 01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpaceWrangler

Quote from: 63schoefflin on Feb 01, 2014, 01:49 PM
It's really hard to complain about scarfing down a steak sandwich, tequila, quesadillas and a Caesar salad at 5:15am.

Agreed. Hence why I can't complain.
The Fact That My Heart's Beating IS ALL THE PROOF YOU NEED

themarsvolta

...more from me for now...

The Glow Stick Guy... As my wife and I call him!! Who are you? We've been to several shows now where you've perfectly thrown your sticks to the music! We actually love it! How big were your pockets!? They just kept coming!! We first saw this at the Terminal 5 run in '10.

Also, the last time we saw Careless Whisper was during Z on the T5 run and they did the bananas then... So we've been nanered twice now! LOL anyone know how many times they've done this now!?

I never saw the boys during off show hours, but we saw Wayne a bunch and of course McLovin!! LOL

@@

Bulldog

Quote from: themarsvolta on Feb 01, 2014, 02:22 PM
...more from me for now...

The Glow Stick Guy... As my wife and I call him!! Who are you? We've been to several shows now where you've perfectly thrown your sticks to the music! We actually love it! How big were your pockets!? They just kept coming!! We first saw this at the Terminal 5 run in '10.

Also, the last time we saw Careless Whisper was during Z on the T5 run and they did the bananas then... So we've been nanered twice now! LOL anyone know how many times they've done this now!?

I never saw the boys during off show hours, but we saw Wayne a bunch and of course McLovin!! LOL

@@

Saw Jim and Patrick at the airport yesterday, shook Jims hand and talked to Patricks wife for a brief sec about next year and she said "they were talking about it".

As for the shows, as a relative newcomer, and diehard Dead fan all I can say again is WOW....I gota say though one of the finer moments for me was night 3 when Jim sat in with the Preservation Jazz Hall band, I dont know what the song was, but I have NEVER seen anyone so violently wrestle a mic stand (and win) as Jim did, at one point I actually started getting worried he was going to tag the old dude with it...

Oh and the Preservation band was all over the place at Hard Rock and I chatted with the ol dude a few times, what a wonderful human being just a great attitude, we should all be as lucky as him at that age, doing what we love with a fun group of people in paradise.

Looking forward to next year already.

e_wind

Best vacation ever. I would be totally cool with them doing it bi-annually, for financial reasons, but I'll make it work regardless....

musical highlights...
night 1: a really good steam engine, but more importantly RYDER>BROWN EYED WOMEN, COBRA>TYRONE was insane.
night 2: literally a flawless setlist. highlight of the whole week was Dear Prudence w/ Bobby.
night 3: Carried Away>O>Strangulation>Run Thru>Dondante>Don't Do It> Anytime... just amazing.

non-musical highlights of the week: Carl's reaction to the guy at the poker table who asked him what he did for a living, and the water slide. And the fact that literally everyone called McLovin McLovin... no one knows his real name.

Also, is it just me or does anyone think it was kinda fucked up that the flips sound checked dear prudence the night after MMJ and Bobby played Dear Prudence?
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

themarsvolta

Thank you to whoever posted One Big Holiday!! http://youtu.be/4DI8DzkhZIg

Not only was my chrome dome in the shot the entire time, it captured the moment so perfect! From Mexican Noodle Man up front... To the glow sticks and drinks flying! It was amazing! Just watched this twice!

Best part: the waiter at the 4:00 mark totally caught in the moment with his drink serving tray!! This video is the tits!

@@

oistheone

Keep these detailed reviews and pics/videos comin'! I am extremely jealous and also extremely happy that everyone had such a good time.

SpaceWrangler

How does one post a pic on here? I'm sorry I'm new here
The Fact That My Heart's Beating IS ALL THE PROOF YOU NEED

themarsvolta

Quote from: 63schoefflin on Feb 01, 2014, 03:25 AM
Ha.... Anthony "A-Rod" from Philly. I need to grab a damn bear suit and start holding it down like you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if the same Anthony from Philly I'm talking about was in the bear suit!? If he was, that just gives me an even better impression of him! Seriously, I will never forget the moment! I hugged him! LOL

I'm watching all these youtubes and looking at our pics and I can't hold back tears of joy! I'm completely cool with sharing that too!  :cry: :wink:

@@

Mr. White

Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

johnnYYac

Quote from: SpaceWrangler on Feb 01, 2014, 04:03 PM
How does one post a pic on here? I'm sorry I'm new here
You can upload pics from your phone using the Tapatalk app.  For uploading images from your PC, I have a thread on this in the Off Topic subforum...

http://forum.mymorningjacket.com/index.php/topic,12431.msg195247.html#msg195247

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

ms. yvon

Quote from: e_wind on Feb 01, 2014, 03:35 PM
.musical highlights...
night 1: a really good steam engine, but more importantly RYDER>BROWN EYED WOMEN, COBRA>TYRONE was insane.
YES!  i kept thinking, "this is only night one!"

Quote from: e_wind on Feb 01, 2014, 03:35 PMnon-musical highlights of the week: Carl's reaction to the guy at the poker table who asked him what he did for a living
:grin: :grin: :grin: what did he do?
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

ItBeats4Jew

what Madonna said really helped

Fully

dmooney99

wish i could have made it, looked awesome!  Knew a few people that went.  One took this video.

One Big Holiday - My Morning Jacket - OBH 2014, January 29,

Somey

One of the best times of my life, shows were great, that one day with the contests was hilarious, I got DJ the pool basically the last two days. Can not wait til next year.

e_wind

Quote from: ms. yvon on Feb 01, 2014, 05:00 PM
.musical highlights...

Quote from: e_wind on Feb 01, 2014, 03:35 PMnon-musical highlights of the week: Carl's reaction to the guy at the poker table who asked him what he did for a living

it was just a complete "small talk" conversation and the guy had no clue who carl was. the conversation went something like:
"hey whats your name?"
"carl"
"where are you from?"
"nashville"
"cool, so what do you do for a living"
"uhh.. play guitar"
"no way thats awesome, thats a full time job?" (or something along those lines)
(something along the lines of) "yeah, it pays the bills.."
the dude kept probing him, oblivious, while everyone just watched, knowing it was coming... and finally,
"so do you play in any band I would know?"
"uh... my morning jacket."

laughter all around
scene
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

ericm

Quote from: e_wind on Feb 02, 2014, 12:19 PM
.musical highlights...

it was just a complete "small talk" conversation and the guy had no clue who carl was. the conversation went something like:
"hey whats your name?"
"carl"
"where are you from?"
"nashville"
"uhh.. play guitar"
the dude kept probing him, oblivious, while everyone just watched, knowing it was coming... and finally,

laughter all around
scene

Classic!   :grin:  I would've loved to see this go down. 
"Where's Jim going?"

APR

Quote from: e_wind on Feb 02, 2014, 12:19 PM
.musical highlights...

"hey whats your name?"
"carl"
"where are you from?"
"nashville"
"uhh.. play guitar"

laughter all around
scene

That is too crazy and hilarious.  But could it have been someone pulling a "Between Two Ferns" or Ali G type of interview just to be a nut?

Gina

63schoefflin

Ha, yeah it was marsvolta. I ran into a few of his boys he was with last night at Dr. Dog and it was nice rehashing the trip in person with some peeps. That crew really brought it hard all week... As everyone from Phily does of course.