"One Big Holiday" in MEXICO!!

Started by parkervb, Jun 11, 2013, 01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mahg33ta

I'd take a lot of comfort that the Further show is the week before.   If it were the other way around I'd be really worried.

(I'm not going, just following the story)

e_wind

Someone privately made the point that previous threads about events like this (PC, in particular) are filled with excitement. It's like the party started long before the party starts. I'd rather come here to get pumped then to argue about construction. It is what it is.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Fully

Quote from: e_wind on Dec 11, 2013, 07:11 PM
Someone privately made the point that previous threads about events like this (PC, in particular) are filled with excitement. It's like the party started long before the party starts. I'd rather come here to get pumped then to argue about construction. It is what it is.

Maybe someone should start a new thread asking who wants to party in Mexico, then perhaps some frat boys could helpfully make themselves laughing stocks by their use of anal tubing and boxed wine, and then it could turn into a huge goofy thread of a party. I keep hoping that's going to happen in this thread, but all I get are worried posts about hotel construction. Maybe if GO4IT offered up his pickles to taste, it would get things moving in the proper direction. I'll just throw this out there: how is everyone planning on obtaining their under the counter medications for this trip? Does anyone plan on bringing in some extra Lipitor. If so, find Penny! I hear she's in the market for some.

rincon2

I see no arguing about construction. I see people pointing out some concerns that come the end of January, may or may not have been worth worrying about. No one knows yet. Where else should this be discussed? It got my attention to something I was not aware of, and am glad I am now aware of it, so I am not blindsided by some possible nuisance I had no idea about. Information is valuable. Imaginary parties ........I got nuthin.

mgobugsy

As alway, the voice of reason...
:thumbsup:

Quote from: johnnYYac on Dec 11, 2013, 10:41 AM
I must say, as one of many who cannot make this happen, I have stayed away from most OBH threads cause it just hurts so much.  To see all the worry and negativity is unfortunate.  It is a lot of money, for sure, but the mere fact that you might have the time, money, and opportunity to do this should make you the happiest people on the face of the earth!  Be positive and make this great.  MMJ will do their part, there will be plenty of good to outweigh the bad.  I've been in bad situations before, but its the reactions of some people that make bad much much worse.  I know most of the people from this forum on that roll call thread and they will do their part.  Anyway, I hope you guys have a great time!

e_wind

I'm here to ease everyone's mind. I talked to someone from Cloud 9 via email. She assured me they are aware of all the reviews and that it won't be a problem come January.

So who wants to party?

JB

I'm going to post this again as the first time I sent this message there was a tornado of construction-related messages. Apparently I didn't win the XM contest...

Hello all-
New user on this board (have been registered in Roll Call for a couple years but didn't register here).
I'm 99% sure I'm going to Mexico but 50% (12/12/13 ed. note: 80%) sure it'll be solo. I am waiting until after the Sirius/XM contest to book room/flight just in case it's not necessary (12/12/13 ed. note: I didn't win). In the meantime, I'm curious if there are any other solo travelers still looking for a roomie. I am down-to-earth, love hiking, kayaking, sunsets, reading a good book by a fire... Wait. Wrong site.
I'm nice, fun, travel well, party well, and I get along with most everyone. In fact, I think I met a few of you a couple years ago at the MMJ show at the Edgewater in Troutdale, OR (couple of you had some darn cute kids in the early entry line). I was trying to sell a couple extra tickets and we talked for a few minutes.
I just wanted to say hi, can't wait, etc. and stick my toe in the water re: potential roommate. I don't want to do the random thing from the booking site- I'd prefer this route.
Ok then.
Thanks for reading.
Feel free to contact me offline if you'd like (dignan at fox internet dot net).
Jeff

given2jacket

Quote from: rincon2 on Dec 12, 2013, 12:52 AM
I see no arguing about construction. I see people pointing out some concerns that come the end of January, may or may not have been worth worrying about. No one knows yet. Where else should this be discussed? It got my attention to something I was not aware of, and am glad I am now aware of it, so I am not blindsided by some possible nuisance I had no idea about. Information is valuable. Imaginary parties ........I got nuthin.

Thanks.  One guy is just a dick; and will be a dick before and after this thread is over.

I wasn't trying to create drama nor trying to "bring down" the event.  I signed up for it and am going!  I was just trying to discuss it with some people to make sure Cloud 9 is aware we won't tolerate a subpar experience from what we were promised (a finished resort?!?!).   The more people who tell them they won't tolerate it the more likely we arrive to a finished resort.  That's all.

Anyway, I'm all done with the board for now - thanks and look forward to a great week! 

e_wind

Quote from: given2jacket on Dec 13, 2013, 12:05 AM

Thanks.  One guy is just a dick; and will be a dick before and after this thread is over.

I wasn't trying to create drama nor trying to "bring down" the event.  I signed up for it and am going!  I was just trying to discuss it with some people to make sure Cloud 9 is aware we won't tolerate a subpar experience from what we were promised (a finished resort?!?!).   The more people who tell them they won't tolerate it the more likely we arrive to a finished resort.  That's all.

Anyway, I'm all done with the board for now - thanks and look forward to a great week!

Man I don't know why you refuse to read. I talked to them (something you, the complainer, wouldn't do). It's all okay. Just look forward to having a good time.

I'm definitely gonna be a dick when this thread is history. See ya in Mexico. I'll be the guy dressed like a dick.

rincon2

Quote from: e_wind on Dec 13, 2013, 01:15 AM

Quote from: given2jacket on Dec 13, 2013, 12:05 AM

Man I don't know why you refuse to read. I talked to them (something you, the complainer, wouldn't do). It's all okay. Just look forward to having a good time.

I'm definitely gonna be a dick when this thread is history. See ya in Mexico. I'll be the guy dressed like a dick.
I ain't doing anything other than pointing out he was making a comment on something you said before you contacted Cloud 9. If he is accused of refusing to read, maybe you can be accused of selective responding. Let's all hope the issue is a BIG non issue now.

given2jacket

I called Cloud 9 before I posted on this board and voiced my opinion.  Why would I tell others to do so if I didn't do it myself? 

APR

Good luck JB.  I hope you make it.

As long as the sound is good at wherever the shows are, then I am GOOD.  And also as long as no one really tall is standing in front of me (unless of course it's my 6' 4'' buddy in Larchmont who decides last second it's a good idea to bring a two week old baby to Mexico and books this).

Let's ditch the negativity.  Everyone will be on their chill pills or drinks or Lipitor wearing their Kid Rock cruise wear and having a blast.

GO4IT

Quote from: Fully on Dec 11, 2013, 08:24 PM

Maybe someone should start a new thread asking who wants to party in Mexico, then perhaps some frat boys could helpfully make themselves laughing stocks by their use of anal tubing and boxed wine, and then it could turn into a huge goofy thread of a party. I keep hoping that's going to happen in this thread, but all I get are worried posts about hotel construction. Maybe if GO4IT offered up his pickles to taste, it would get things moving in the proper direction. I'll just throw this out there: how is everyone planning on obtaining their under the counter medications for this trip? Does anyone plan on bringing in some extra Lipitor. If so, find Penny! I hear she's in the market for some.

Hey, if someone wants to transport my pickles to OBH (APR?  Mr Whippy? Ruckus?) to ease the pain of having to see MMJ 4 nights in a row I'll be happy to oblige.  The 2013 vintage (a good year) will be hitting its peak around then.

And, I'll leave the butt-chugging advice to Fully and Mr. Whippy - they did such a good job at PC last year  :grin:

Sadly, I won't be there.  But, really, if MMJ shows up is anyone going to have a bad time?!?  Get real.  You all will have the time of your lives.  Just don't get too wasted until after the show and then if they are still under construction you can pass out and be oblivious to it all.

Enjoy and don't forget to send pix, video and livestreams to the really unfortunate ones who won't be there. :beer:

scosby2

this is why I stay away from this thread...I understand that a lot of people are spending a lot of money on this...(myself included) my goodnes though people...it's gonna be fine...we are going to see our band on a beach for three nights with no songs repeated...in mexico...if your room is shit sleep outside. like yac said, we should be the happiest people on the planet right now(I know I am)...if I got there and there was nothing but a stage by the water and a Motel 6 I would be perfectly fine...and not want a stupid refund...I'm an RN so trust me, financially this is hard on me just like everyone else and yes I would love to have everything that was promised to us just like everyone else but I assure you a half completed resort isn't gonna dampen my spirits whatsoever. Take the negativity to the deer tick thread...

ItBeats4Jew

reviews are starting to trend in the right direction.  all will be well by late Jan.  the pools/bars/restaurants will all be just what we need them to be, and the boys will bring their A+ game...what else do you need? 
what Madonna said really helped

scosby2

Quote from: ItBeats4Jew on Dec 18, 2013, 01:28 PM
reviews are starting to trend in the right direction.  all will be well by late Jan.  the pools/bars/restaurants will all be just what we need them to be, and the boys will bring their A+ game...what else do you need?

Amen mink, amen

TheDark

3  MMJ shows + Dance Party +  Open Bar + Beach + Mexico= Glorious!! Nuff said!  :drum: :bath: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Seeker

I hope and trust the place will be ready for you to have a great time.

[/quote]
I'll just throw this out there: how is everyone planning on obtaining their under the counter medications for this trip? Does anyone plan on bringing in some extra Lipitor. If so, find Penny! I hear she's in the market for some.
[/quote]

This is funny, I met a bunch of you at Red Rocks, and most of you were paranoid about bringing weed into that liberal establishment. I'd have to wonder about your courage to go into Mexico. In my experience, even if you are randomly selected for a search, it is fairly cursory and medicine is often overlooked. They know which side their tourist dollar is buttered. But maybe you shouldn't try to bring anything out. But this is another reason to read those Furthur threads.

OH  those Mexican jails..... :shocked:

Have fun!

Charles

mgobugsy

Quote from: Seeker on Dec 20, 2013, 04:39 AM
I hope and trust the place will be ready for you to have a great time.

I'll just throw this out there: how is everyone planning on obtaining their under the counter medications for this trip? Does anyone plan on bringing in some extra Lipitor. If so, find Penny! I hear she's in the market for some.
[/quote]

This is funny, I met a bunch of you at Red Rocks, and most of you were paranoid about bringing weed into that liberal establishment. I'd have to wonder about your courage to go into Mexico. In my experience, even if you are randomly selected for a search, it is fairly cursory and medicine is often overlooked. They know which side their tourist dollar is buttered. But maybe you shouldn't try to bring anything out. But this is another reason to read those Furthur threads.

Have fun!

Charles
[/quote]

When the bellman takes you to your room and asks you if there is anything else he can get for you THAT is the time to ask.  He will take care of the transaction for you locally.

Crispy

Quote from: Seeker on Dec 20, 2013, 04:39 AM

Have fun!

Charles

You've been?

(I love that Google knew what I wanted when I typed "ever been")

"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"